I Really See Us Going Defense In The Draft.

Here's why,

For one, we have 30 million invested into a "franchise" LT. We all know that TD and/or Smith will chose our highest payed players on the field unless injury occurs.

Secondly: our pass rush has not significantly increased even with the addition of Tyson and Asomoua. They are primarily run stuffing guys. We still don't have a pass rusher who will get to the quarterback (and take him down) that teams have to scheme for.

Third: In comparison, our D-Line was much worse than or O-line. They never got to the QB and were giving the QB hours to find an open receiver. (Think about Brees just sitting the comfortably while one of our d-line guts tried to fend of one o-line player. And when they would get to the QB they would would wiff the takle so badly that even Blaine Gabbert would have looked like RG3. Not even an "average" defensive line would allow Geno Smith to sit back and feel comfortable as a rookie.

It's obvious that our D-line is not complete. Our O-line may or may not be finished either but if both lines were to take the field today i would be more confident that our O-line would preotect Ryan than that our D-Line could get to the opposing QB.

Here's why,

For one, we have 30 million invested into a "franchise" LT. We all know that TD and/or Smith will chose our highest payed players on the field unless injury occurs.

Secondly: our pass rush has not significantly increased even with the addition of Tyson and Asomoua. They are primarily run stuffing guys. We still don't have a pass rusher who will get to the quarterback (and take him down) that teams have to scheme for.

Third: In comparison, our D-Line was much worse than or O-line. They never got to the QB and were giving the QB hours to find an open receiver. (Think about Brees just sitting the comfortably while one of our d-line guts tried to fend of one o-line player. And when they would get to the QB they would would wiff the takle so badly that even Blaine Gabbert would have looked like RG3. Not even an "average" defensive line would allow Geno Smith to sit back and feel comfortable as a rookie.

It's obvious that our D-line is not complete. Our O-line may or may not be finished either but if both lines were to take the field today i would be more confident that our O-line would preotect Ryan than that our D-Line could get to the opposing QB.

1. Baker can't be counted on, injury record proves that.

2. Baker can be cut after 2014 with just a reasonable amount of dead money.

3. We switched Asomoah to defense? When?

4. New defensive scheming (in other words, yes, we will be in a 3-4 more often than not) and new coaching

5. Baker gets hurt and we end up in the same position as last year. I just don't see TD letting that possibility happen...

I hope the entire draft is spent on defense.

2008 QB Ryan, WR H Douglas, OT Baker TE Zinger, RB T Brown

2009 OT Reynolds

2010 OG Johnson,,C Hawley, WR Meier

2011 WR J Jones, RB Rodgers, OG A Jackson

2012 C Konz, OT Holmes, FB Ewing

20913 TE Toilolo, QB Renfree

yr---O------D-----ST

08 5------6------0

09 1------7------0

10 3------3------0

11 3------2------1

12 3------3------0