Is This Possible?

Guest stevefalcon

Guest stevefalcon

I would like to trade down to 10 draft A. Donald, then use the pick we get plus our high 2nd round pick, trade up to the first round and snag Pryor or Dix. then just draft OL/DL rest of the way.

Guest stevefalcon

correction, assuming clowney, mack, robinson, are off the board, I don't think mathews or lewan are worth a 6th.

Thats my #1 preference is to trade down to #10 to take Donald. And yeah its mostly going to depend on a trade partner. I think if a guy we really want is not there at 6 then we should entertain the idea of asking for a little less compensation to be able to trade back just a few spots.

Dix and Pryor will both be gone in top 20 more than likely. I don't want to trade that far back into the first. We can get a safety in the 2nd round.

correction, assuming clowney, mack, robinson, are off the board, I don't think mathews or lewan are worth a 6th.

Why don´t you like Matthews?

He´s the best pass protector in the draft. He also played RT his junior season.

I´m not attacking, just asking.

Guest stevefalcon

He just seems like a project to me. I am also not a big fan off drafting OT at 6, We need to do more with that pick.

If we're trading down, I don't want to work it into a big trade up. The big benefit of trading down is drafting more players in a very strong, deep class.

By trading back up, you're most likely getting two players of a similar quality rather than one player of a very high quality at the top of the draft and then another guy equal to the Pryors of the world with your second rounder.

It only works if the trade down nets very large returns. And even then, it should be only if the "big 4" are gone.