Do Yall Enjoy Watchin Geno Smith Look Like Elway Against Us?

i keep seeing people worried about our "future" if we trade up and go after Clowney and i gotta ask, you have watched this team sine Smitty has been here just as many times as i have and he has proven that starters dont earn their jobs here, those starters gotta be hurt to be replaced with someone better i.e. Warrilow/Bartu. So what are you hoping we do, get some guys for the future to sit on the bench until we get another 4-12 injury prone season until these guys ever see the field other than preseason. I mean Smith averages 29 yards per carry because every time he touches the ball he explodes, the only problem is Smitty would rather SJax touch the ball with a broke leg and get 2.2 yards per carry. Also we have got to make our defense elite to win a championship, i'm not saying just adding Clowney will do it but it will dam sure make it better than it has been. Our defense is the reason we go 1 and done in the playoffs and give up big leads but you all seem to be worried about our "future" but with Smitty out "future" is draft picks riding pine while we stay regular season champions, i want a game changer on defense. I want a dam Lombardi!

i want a game changer on defense.

I want something that is a lot harder to achieve, but a lot more useful, than that:

11 guys on defense who know where they are supposed to be and can get there, know what they are supposed to do and can execute it, and can cover for each other. Fast, physical, violent, and proactive. Give me that over one stellar talent any day.

Easy there, I get your point though.

I want Clowney as well and believe you have to trade up to get him. If I'm a gm I would bet my job on his talents. Could he be a bust, yes but he could be a great player that allows us to get to the SB.

Swap 1st, give them this years 3rd, next years 2nd and HD. I think that would get us the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe after a Harry's season last year he could be a final piece to the puzzle to get a deal done.

I want something that is a lot harder to achieve, but a lot more useful, than that:

11 guys on defense who know where they are supposed to be and can get there, know what they are supposed to do and can execute it, and can cover for each other. Fast, physical, violent, and proactive. Give me that over one stellar talent any day.

i agree with this and im a smith supporter but him letting players ride pine that are better than whats on the field has been proven by smitty

Easy there, I get your point though.

I want Clowney as well and believe you have to trade up to get him. If I'm a gm I would bet my job on his talents. Could he be a bust, yes but he could be a great player that allows us to get to the SB.

Swap 1st, give them this years 3rd, next years 2nd and HD. I think that would get us the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe after a Harry's season last year he could be a final piece to the puzzle to get a deal done.

Why do people keep putting HD into trades, like it adds something?

Guest Negatorris

Geno was making sandwhiches in the pocket against our defense. We need to go pass rush early. I wouldn't mind Mack or Clowney. And though I'm not the biggest fan of trading up, it will not cost nearly as much as it did to trade up for JJ.

I remember watching that game. As soon as we scored that last touchdown, I literally said, "Great, but it doesn't matter b/c our defense is just going to let them walk right down the field, and take the lead right back." We didn't even put up enough resistance on that last drive to make Rex use all of his timeouts. Disgraceful.

I remember watching that game. As soon as we scored that last touchdown, I literally said, "Great, but it doesn't matter b/c our defense is just going to let them walk right down the field, and take the lead right back." We didn't even put up enough resistance on that last drive to make Rex use all of his timeouts. Disgraceful.

Watching that, working on a stupid school paper, and watching the Braves choke away a late inning season-ending game to the Dodgers had to be one of the absolute worst nights in my life. It also didn't help any that it was a Monday.

Trading up and blowing draft picks would hurt our team, not help it. I want all our picks intact so we can get good depth/starters, i would much prefer a team of 11 good players than a team of 1 great player and 10 mediocre shlubs, because we've seen how the latter looks on both sides of the ball before on various teams and it hardly ever makes that team any good.

Trading up and blowing draft picks would hurt our team, not help it. I want all our picks intact so we can get good depth/starters, i would much prefer a team of 11 good players than a team of 1 great player and 10 mediocre shlubs, because we've seen how the latter looks on both sides of the ball before on various teams and it hardly ever makes that team any good.

Yep, takes depth and decent-above decent play from all guys on the defense to become a consistent quality defense. Star players can impact the game and make the guys around them better but if almost nobody else is filling their role adequately, despite having a stud, then the defense is most likely not going to be top tier material. You put the current JJ Watt on say...Tulane Univeristy and Tulane's defense will still get steamrolled by an offense like Oregon, Clemson, or Florida State. One player can't do it all if he doesn't have a supporting cast.

Give this defense depth and I think eventually some guys will break out to become true impact players. Like I've stated in other threads, I love the direction that this defense is heading, let's continue to build on it by drafting more players instead of putting all of our eggs in one basket for one player.

Nope, or Tannehill, Cousins or EJ Manuel (he is driving them to the win without the fumbles) who all had their way with our D when the game was on the line. Not exactly future HOFers.

I actually think Tannehill is a vastly underrated QB. He shouldn't have been able to march down the field against us with his crap O-line and virtually no run-game though. Cousins was crap against us man. Our defense got 7 turnovers that day and they were tasked with finishing the game off for the win. It was our offense that couldn't capitalize on any of those 7+ opportunities that game.

i keep seeing people worried about our "future" if we trade up and go after Clowney and i gotta ask, you have watched this team sine Smitty has been here just as many times as i have and he has proven that starters dont earn their jobs here, those starters gotta be hurt to be replaced with someone better i.e. Warrilow/Bartu. So what are you hoping we do, get some guys for the future to sit on the bench until we get another 4-12 injury prone season until these guys ever see the field other than preseason. I mean Smith averages 29 yards per carry because every time he touches the ball he explodes, the only problem is Smitty would rather SJax touch the ball with a broke leg and get 2.2 yards per carry. Also we have got to make our defense elite to win a championship, i'm not saying just adding Clowney will do it but it will dam sure make it better than it has been. Our defense is the reason we go 1 and done in the playoffs and give up big leads but you all seem to be worried about our "future" but with Smitty out "future" is draft picks riding pine while we stay regular season champions, i want a game changer on defense. I want a dam Lombardi!

We sacked Geno four times. Pressure was not the problem. Coverage was.

This

You sir have won the post of the week. Well said. And very much in the grain of how Nolan operates (or at least wants to).