What If The Big Four Are Gone?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You go BPA, and thats Sammy Watkins. I know everyone would hate the pick, but you could draft lineman with each remaining pick. Some scouts say Sammy is the best prospect since Julio/AJ Green. You can't ignore that kind of talent.

Some scouts are also saying that Aaron Donald is the next John Randle. Why is it ok to ignore that kind of talent? What's easier to find? A stud WR or 10 sacks a year from the DT position?

Dimitroff traded a bunch of picks to have two pro bowl caliber WRs. If Watkins turns out to be a pro bowl/all pro caliber player along side Julio it's not a terrible pick. Passing on an all-pro type for an average player because they're a position of need is a terrible pick at #6 IMO. This time we wouldn't have to give up tons of picks to have two awesome WRs.

Our lines weren't hot garbage when TD traded up to get Julio either.

Some scouts are also saying that Aaron Donald is the next John Randle. Why is it ok to ignore that kind of talent? What's easier to find? A stud WR or 10 sacks a year from the DT position?

Personally I'm sick of small gap shooting DTs, plus Donald doesn't really fit the 3-4 scheme we're transitioning to. I'm not opposed to anything this coaching staff does though. I think they'll make the right move, they've done pretty good job this offseason so far.

Even if you consider it "reaching" if the top 4 guys are gone it really isnt based on what we need. I think the obvious targets are Barr if we want pass rusher, Lewan if we want OT. Wildcard would be Ebron. Would love Donald but I just dont see it after we added D-line a bunch in free agency.

What if Robinson, Matthews, Mack and Clowney are drafted ahead of us and we are not able to trade down? Who would you draft?

Here is a short list of possibilities, in no particular order:

1. Aaron Donald is the best defender on the board, but does he fit the scheme? He might, if Nolan puts his mind to it.

2. Eric Ebron is probably the best offensive weapon on the board. Tony was the greatest TE in NFL history, but he wasn't the greatest last season. EE would be an upgrade (heresy!!).

3. Sammy Watkins is the best WR in this draft, but do we need another one, especially in a draft so deep in WR's?

4. CJ Mosley is tempting, but ILB is not a drastic need.

5. Anthony Barr is a terrific athlete, but is he tough enough to make a difference? I may be wrong, but from the little I have seen, he is not.

6. Kony Ealy is a good looking 4-3 DE but he doesn't have much experience dropping into coverage. Does this matter?

7. Dee Ford is an extremely quick pass rusher but can he play the run? Still, I like the idea of him chasing Brees and Newton.

This is an easy answer, Trade down to 15 and take S. Pryor. Then load up with all the picks in the rest of the draft. Wed have to picks to move up and down and take what ever we want practically .

I think they're saying that because OSI is still our best pass rusher and he sucks standing up, hence why I said transitioning to.

They're saying that because we are running a hybrid. Some of you really do not pay attention. Do I have to post pics of us in 3-4 and 4-3 sets last year for the 100th time?

Probably because the players sucked. You need players that can play a 3-4 and a 4-3 to run a hybrid. Did we have that last year? No, we didn't.

It's also funny that you say this yet advocate taking Watkins #6 overall.

Rookies don't usually come in and make a huge impact right away. I advocate taking Watkins if Clowney, Mack etc are gone. Plus I look at it as rookies will start to become good in their 3rd or 4th years, which is exactly when we will need a replacement for Roddy.

Rookies don't usually come in and make a huge impact right away. I advocate taking Watkins if the Clowney, Mack etc are gone. Plus I look at it as rookies will start to become good in their 3rd or 4th years, which is exactly when we will need a replacement for Roddy.

So our defense couldn't stop Geno Smith, but lets take a replacement for Roddy that we won't need for 2-3 years. Solid plan you got there.

You literally just said 'our defense couldn't stop anybody' but you want to take a receiver. How does that not sound just crazy in your mind?

Never in a million years are we going to draft Sammy Watkins. You can try to justify it until you are blue in the face. Forget it.

People need to just get over that thought.

Why is that such an impossible choice for us? I can understand the logic behind not taking Sammy, but I don't see why it's impossible, especially when anything can happen on draft day.

Why is that such an impossible choice for us? I can understand the logic behind not taking Sammy, but I don't see why it's impossible, especially when anything can happen on draft day.

Because he'd be a **** THIRD STRINGER that we just spent #6 overall on by a GM fighting for his job. You think TD cares about when Roddy is gone right now? Another bad season and TD is gone before Roddy.

If you can't figure it out for yourself than idk what to tell you. Then I'm not gonna waste another second talking about this team with you

Move on

Edited by Unknown User

That thinking would be stupid. Not a chance in **** that only two rookies in the first round make an impact.

Maybe not two but chances are they're not going to have much impact their first year.

Let's look at last year the defensive players drafted in the first round.

4/18 players in first round were solid starters

3/18 were Great starters

11/18 had no impact/not much impact

3 Dolphins Dion Jordan 2 SACKS (No Impact) DE

5 Lions Ziggy Ansah 8 Sack (Solid) DE

6 Browns Barkevious Mingo 5 Sacks (No Impact) DE

9 Jets Dee Milliner (Struggled) CB

12 Raiders D.J. Hayden (Struggled) CB

13 Jets Sheldon Richardson (Great Player) DT

14 Panthers Star Lotulelei (Solid Player) DT

15 Saints Kenny Vaccaro (Great Player) SS

17 Steelers Jarvis Jones (Struggled) OLB