Desean Jackson Still A Fa?

Expect Washington to sign him by Tuesday. No fake insider info but I live up here and it makes sense. They should have the $, he gets to stay in division and see the Eagles twice a year, a young qb that can throw the deep ball and he and Garçon would be a good combo. Only appeal of Oakland is they're his hometown team.

what off the field issues? i havn't heard of any with DJax but i havn't watched much news.

It's more about his inability to get along with Kelly, etc. the gang affiliations claims are just the Eagles desperately trying to justify letting him go to everyone saying WTF.

It's more about his inability to get along with Kelly, etc. the gang affiliations claims are just the Eagles desperately trying to justify letting him go to everyone saying WTF.

Report: LAPD Has Linked Two Murders to Gang Associates of DeSean Jackson

Voila_Capture-2014-03-28_11-55-02_AM.jpg

Everyone wondered why I included NJ.com’s Eliot Shorr-Parks in the Field of 64. Certainly not as well known as some other local writers, Eliot just cranks out good work. Today is no different.

Eliot is reporting that twice since 2010, the LAPD has talked to DeSean Jackson about gang related murders. Jackson was not a suspect in either case, but one murder was by a Jaccpot (Jackson’s record label) rapper and the other took place at a house “owned or leased by a member of Jackson’s family.”

Sources told Eliot that the Eagles were concerned over Jackson missing meetings, his work ethic and chemistry with teammates. When they looked into those things, that’s when they discovered some troubling connections:

Acting on unspecified information that Jackson might have knowledge of Shakir’s activities on the night of Watson’s murder, LAPD detective Eric Crosson said he interviewed Jackson on the phone in late 2011. Crosson wouldn’t reveal details of that conversation, but he described Jackson as “cooperative at the time.”

Crosson also told NJ.com that he reached out to the Eagles by phone in early 2011 — even before he interviewed Jackson — as a courtesy to alert them to Jackson’s connection to an alleged killer. He never received a response from the team, he said.

The following year, the Eagles signed Jackson to a five-year, $48.5 million contract extension.

When contacted by NJ.com on Wednesday, the Eagles issued a statement that they “no comment at this time,” and team officials would neither confirm nor deny whether anyone in the front office had spoken to Crosson about Jackson’s ties to a homicide suspect. On Thursday, a source in the organization said current front-office members had been unaware of Jackson’s links to an alleged killer.

A second murder:

A little over a year after the rising NFL star was interviewed by police about his connection to Shakir, Jackson’s name once again made its way onto the desk of Detective Crosson.

This time, Jackson’s name surfaced as part of an investigation into a 2012 gang-related murder that occurred outside a South Los Angeles business where a party had taken place. The building was owned or leased by a member of Jackson’s family, police said.

During a search of the building, Crosson told NJ.com investigators found several documents belonging to Jackson, including a car title, a gun permit issued in New Jersey and credit-card receipts.

After discovering the documents, Crosson said he made multiple attempts to contact Jackson by phone, but never was able to connect with the wide receiver. Crosson added that Jackson was never considered a suspect in the crime.

Crosson went on to talk about how Jackson routinely throws up gang signs and described how the two C’s in Jaccpot was to avoid “CK,” which stands for Crip Killer.

Voila_Capture-2014-03-28_11-55-50_AM.jpg

There’s always been this sort of weird undercurrent that Jackson had some involvement with the Crips and that he flashed gang signs in his Instagram photos. Earlier this month, TMZ hopped on that story and actually reported that Jackson was a Crip.

Does this have anything to do with the current trade rumors? Probably. All along fans and media have been searching for a “smoking gun” as to why the Eagles seem so eager to get rid of Jackson. This sort of thing is a good one.

On a related note, I’ve been hearing that the Eagles were quite interested in the ongoing investigation of the burglary at Jackson’s house in January. The inference there is that it was far from a random incident and had something to do with Jackson’s associates– the gang members.

I've been assured that everything is okay because when people flash the Hook'em Horn sign, that doesn't mean they play on the Texas Longhorns. Some idiot here said that in the other thread. And then he and another idiot laughed like they schooled me in the thread.

Crip Gang sign from the dude in the middle

rolling-60s.jpg

Same sign from Jackson

desean-jackson-crips.jpg

0328-niphussle-instagram-4.jpg

Goodell is still supposed to be "investigating" the same sign thrown at DHall during a game

13471194264_9868233831_o.gif

Might be\ Probably just be a pretender, but after Hernandez, why chance it? Right move by the Eagles

Growing up in certain neighborhoods I can say it's easy to throw around "affiliations" with gang members. I'd never be confused for any kind of gangster or criminal but I know some from some of my old neighborhoods and the few times I go home and see them I speak, shake hands, etc.

The issue I have is he was merely questioned because he knew some people that were involved. I've never bought into the guilt by association mantra. What's truly BS though is that these incidents happened years ago. The Eagles were aware and they weren't looking to let him go before. I'm not saying that Jackson is a good teammate. I think he's a bit of a diva and the Eagles decided they'd rather move on then deal with him griping about wanting a bigger contract, etc. This alleged gang activity though is BS. He's never had any off field incidents. They got tired of his attitude.

ya know whats crazy, i just watched the first and only season of Playmakers on yotube, first time i have seen the show since it first came out back in 2003 and the NFL made ESPN cancel the show but when you see stories like Jackson, Hernandez, Ray Lewis, Vick, Dez Bryant etc. It's obvious that the NFL made ESPN cancel the show because it was too realisitic to how the NFL really is although it was a fictional team, in an unnamed city in an unnamed league.

ya know whats crazy, i just watched the first and only season of Playmakers on yotube, first time i have seen the show since it first came out back in 2003 and the NFL made ESPN cancel the show but when you see stories like Jackson, Hernandez, Ray Lewis, Vick, Dez Bryant etc. It's obvious that the NFL made ESPN cancel the show because it was too realisitic to how the NFL really is although it was a fictional team, in an unnamed city in an unnamed league.

I really liked that show

Donte Stallworth provided some good perspective. Especially with all this talk of "gang signs" being thrown up.

http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow

The sad thing is that regardless of who he truly affiliates with, some teams and many fans have already labeled him as a problem/cancerous/troubled player who is suddenly not worth the money he was getting or the occasional tantrums he throws about his contract. The NBA accused Paul Pierce of throwing up gang signs at Al Horford in the playoffs some years ago and that story died rather quickly. The NFL might as well come out with its own tabloid magazine.

0328-niphussle-instagram-4.jpg

The whole, "What gang symbol? Maybe he was just moving his hands funny."

"Even if he did throw a gang symbol...and hangs out with gang members...that doesn't mean he's actually in a gang."

Right. But it does mean that I don't want him on my football team.