Td's Luv For Senior Bowl Players

head hunter

His 1st rd picks are usually from the SB. Except for the Julio trade and not having a 1st the next year, all the first picks have come from the SB. This year I think our 1st rd pick will be Mack, but our first pick from the SB will be Jimmie Ward. We coached him and liked him at the SB. It is a position of need and Ward is the next best rated safety behind Pryor and Clinton-Dix according to Mayock. I look for Ward to be our next FS.

Matt Ryan did not play in Senior Bowl, either. Basically top 10 picks do not play in Senior Bowl - either because the are not Seniors or because the agents think their top 10 picks have more to lose than gain by playing in Senior Bowl.

You are right that Dimitoff likes Senior Bowl players -partly because he likes Seniors anyway. But, as matter of record, Falcons have had six first rounders and I believe only three played in Senior Bowl - unless Baker played(then it would be 4).

Matt Ryan did not play in Senior Bowl, either. Basically top 10 picks do not play in Senior Bowl - either because the are not Seniors or because the agents think their top 10 picks have more to lose than gain by playing in Senior Bowl.

You are right that Dimitoff likes Senior Bowl players -partly because he likes Seniors anyway. But, as matter of record, Falcons have had six first rounders and I believe only three played in Senior Bowl - unless Baker played(then it would be 4).

Baker did play in the senior bowl

Well why would they break with a system that has produced many solid 1st round picks. They seem to have a pretty decent formula for this. Oh but you like Clowney and Mack so they will buck their trend well last time I looked neither one of those guys are the caliber of Jones and Ryan and it looks like they probably are not on Trufant level I like those 2 CBs they got. This is probably not the year for them to trade up either they did that last year.

Come on, man.

You know that Jerry's injury ruined his chances. Baker's not been great, but he certainly isn't a bust.

I am sooooooooo tired of.people making.excuses for Peria Jerry. He had ONE acl injury his rookie year. Adrian Petersen comes back in eight months and runs for 2,100 yards but five years later Jerry cannot be the player everybody "thought" he would be? Because he weighs 290 instead of 235?

Puh-lezzzzzzze! you are an enabler, sir ;)

I thik he likes that he has a chance to work with them, not in a private workout, but in a full pads practice, different drills, and ultimate in a game.

He finds confort, because in a way he knows how they are at practice, he knows them better, and if he likes the kid, and likes what he sees, I believe he put more attention to that that other factors.

It makes sense, even though sometimes may seems a little lazy, or even too conservative.

I am sooooooooo tired of.people making.excuses for Peria Jerry. He had ONE acl injury his rookie year. Adrian Petersen comes back in eight months and runs for 2,100 yards but five years later Jerry cannot be the player everybody "thought" he would be? Because he weighs 290 instead of 235?

Puh-lezzzzzzze! you are an enabler, sir wink.png

Oh, because AP did it, everybody can? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLllll

Oh, because AP did it, everybody can? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLllll

LOL, weak come back......AP did it in 8 months. Peria Jerry has not done it in 5 years.

Also, Peria Jerry never did play well in the NFL - who is to say he would have been great with no injury anyway? Did Peria's brother (John Jerry) come in an dominate the NFL as an offensive guard?

Peria Jerry was never going to be great - where is the work ethic? where is the drive? all Peria wants to do is go fishin'.

LOL, weak come back......AP did it in 8 months. Peria Jerry has not done it in 5 years.

Also, Peria Jerry never did play well in the NFL - who is to say he would have been great with no injury anyway? Did Peria's brother (John Jerry) come in an dominate the NFL as an offensive guard?

Peria Jerry was never going to be great - where is the work ethic? where is the drive? all Peria wants to do is go fishin'.

Was Peria Jerry's injury ever confirmed as just an ACL tear? I don't believe it was.

Was Peria Jerry's injury ever confirmed as just an ACL tear? I don't believe it was.

what was it? its fort knox in Flowery Branch - you never know what the injuries are/were. ???

I have never seen a desire from Peria Jerry to be "great". I've never seen that. He has a "dumbdy-dumbdy-dumb - okie-dokie" type personality - to come back from an injury - any type of injury takes grit and determination. Maybe you say I'm assuming too much but I have never seen that in Peria Jerry - pretty sure a lot of his disappointments are more in him as a competitor and less medical.