Deanthony Thomas Works Out For Atl

RYNE

Falcons setting up private workout for speedster DeAnthony Thomas.

Maybe the CJ2K rumors do have some merit. Seems like TD Wants to add speed. I would love to have this guy!

Thomas had 5,435 all-purpose yards

The Atlanta Falcons conducted a private workout Saturday for Oregon all-purpose running back DeAnthony Thomas, according to a league source.

Thomas is an undersized, athletic all-purpose standout, a 5-foot-9, 170-pounder who had 594 rushing yards, 246 receiving yards and 10 total touchdowns this season.

He missed time with an ankle injury.

Thomas is also a dangerous returner, with four kickoffs and a punt returned for touchdowns in three seasons for the Ducks.

He finished his career with 5,345 yards, ranking him behind LaMichael James and Kenjon Barner. Thomas also ran track.

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider

Aaron Wilson covers the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun

post-542210-0-05203900-1396140441_thumb.

Edited by Unknown User

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe the CJ2K rumors do have some merit. Seems like TD Wants to add speed. I would love to have this guy

I kind of see him more as a Jamall Charles type not really Johnson in that Charles runs more north and south were as Johnson goes east to west way to much.

But yes "speed" should always be a factor and if not speed "size"

Especially on offense that's the one thing that a defense truly fears is speed because one missed tackle could cost you 6 points and there tons of missed tackles in a game that's why Julio is so dangerous as a player you miss a tackle on a slant and he could easily turn it into 6 points.

I kind of see him more as a Jamall Charles type not really Johnson in that Charles runs more north and south were as Johnson goes east to west way to much.

But yes "speed" should always be a factor and if not speed "size"

Especially on offense that's the one thing that a defense truly fears is speed because one missed tackle could cost you 6 points and there tons of missed tackles in a game that's why Julio is so dangerous as a player you miss a tackle on a slant and he could easily turn it into 6 points.

I'm only referring to the blazing speed. It just seems that is a focus

Maybe the CJ2K rumors do have some merit. Seems like TD Wants to add speed. I would love to have this guy!

Thomas had 5,435 all-purpose yards

The Atlanta Falcons conducted a private workout Saturday for Oregon all-purpose running back DeAnthony Thomas, according to a league source.

Thomas is an undersized, athletic all-purpose standout, a 5-foot-9, 170-pounder who had 594 rushing yards, 246 receiving yards and 10 total touchdowns this season.

He missed time with an ankle injury.

Thomas is also a dangerous returner, with four kickoffs and a punt returned for touchdowns in three seasons for the Ducks.

He finished his career with 5,345 yards, ranking him behind LaMichael James and Kenjon Barner. Thomas also ran track.

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider

Aaron Wilson covers the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun

What do you thinks he's worth?

A 3rd or 4th if were going to burn a pick that high I'd rather take a guy who could give us 20+ carries if needed. But he could be an impact guy so I'll be interesting to see were he's gets taken because I'm not sure he's a 20+ carry guy more so like Quizz.

Maybe he can be our Darren Sporles

What do you thinks he's worth?

A 3rd or 4th if were going to burn a pick that high I'd rather take a guy who could give us 20+ carries if needed. But he could be an impact guy so I'll be interesting to see were he's gets taken because I'm not sure he's a 20+ carry guy more so like Quizz.

Maybe he can be our Darren Sporles

I hate how everyone categorizes a quick, fast running back as Darren Sproles. Just like every short white receiver is Wes Welker.

Anyways.... Id say a 4th or early 5th. I don't think he ran as fast as he thought he would at the combine. But I'll go with the speed I see on tv. I couldn't imagine getting Fiederowictz with our original 4th and DeAnthony Thomas with the Comp 4th. That'd be incredible value

I hate how everyone categorizes a quick, fast running back as Darren Sproles. Just like every short white receiver is Wes Welker.

Anyways.... Id say a 4th or early 5th. I don't think he ran as fast as he thought he would at the combine. But I'll go with the speed I see on tv. I couldn't imagine getting Fiederowictz with our original 4th and DeAnthony Thomas with the Comp 4th. That'd be incredible value

I was more so comparing what he could do for us Quizz can do lots of things out of the backfield but isn't quite as versatile As sporles and doesn't have that type of speed but anthony does even then that doesn't make him that good he has to earn that but just comparing how we could use him in that scat back role like the saints did with sporles who was as much of a receiver as a running back.

We should pick him up around 5th or 6th. He would be awesome on kick returns while Hester handles the punts. Thing is, I think Thomas would be better on punts than Hester, but I would love to have both. I've been high on DeAnthony for a while. He's similar to how Sproles was when he came out of Kansas State. We won't be able to use him between the tackles as much, but give him a few screens and flats and he could be deadly. We need a playmaker behind the line of scrimmage, and I would rather have him than CJ2K.

For those saying 6th or 7th, I think are short changing him.

He has that dynamic teams look for and I can EASILY see a team like the saints who after letting sproles go look at him as soon as the 4th maybe even sooner.

Remember Tavon Austin at this time was considered a 3rd or 4th and he ended up being a first round pick.

Guys with Thomas's athletic ability and production usually do not last that long.