Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Official 2014 Atlanta Braves Season Thread

501 posts in this topic

Don't feel to bad for Uggla. He's made more this calendar year than I've made in my life......I'm 36.

He's made more in one calendar year than my Grandparents made in their entire lives and both of them worked until the day they died.

He's made more in one calendar year than my Grandparents made in their entire lives and both of them worked until the day they died.

Kinda puts things in perspective huh?

Kinda puts things in perspective huh?

With us normal folks, these professional athletes just don't get it, especially if they are born into it.

Braves 5th round pick last year Mikey Reynolds has been suspended 50 games for a positive drug test. He's currently on the Rome roster

With us normal folks, these professional athletes just don't get it, especially if they are born into it.

more than a few pro athletes were dirt poor before they made it. Shannon Sharpe for one. A lot of them understand how it is with regular folks

more than a few pro athletes were dirt poor before they made it. Shannon Sharpe for one. A lot of them understand how it is with regular folks

Yes. But most of them "forget" about that part and start living the high life. Not that I blame them for enjoying what they've worked hard for. Just saying, it's not the same. It seems very few stay humble after hitting the big time.

Yes. But most of them "forget" about that part and start living the high life. Not that I blame them for enjoying what they've worked hard for. Just saying, it's not the same. It seems very few stay humble after hitting the big time.

they don't forget. They just are able to afford things they couldn't before. And a lot aren't humble. But I know people that are broke that aren't humble either

they don't forget. They just are able to afford things they couldn't before. And a lot aren't humble. But I know people that are broke that aren't humble either

That's true too.

Venters once again had elbow discomfort trying to throw off the mound. Doctors say its just scar tissue so Venters remains hopeful he can one day return.

Venters once again had elbow discomfort trying to throw off the mound. Doctors say its just scar tissue so Venters remains hopeful he can one day return.

That's what they said about Beachy too. I have a bad feeling about this.

Hopefully Loe is able to simply remain depth at Gwinnett this time. Royals released him after he posted a 4.09 ERA in 11 innings while allowing 7 hits and 7 walks for Triple-A Omaha.

Mark Bowman was reporting the Braves want La Stella to drive the ball a little more before they decide if hes ready. He hit his first HR tonight and doubled yesterday. .294 average with a .383 OBP

Mark Bowman was reporting the Braves want La Stella to drive the ball a little more before they decide if hes ready. He hit his first HR tonight and doubled yesterday. .294 average with a .383 OBP

I keep hearing the Braves are in no hurry to bring him up no matter how bad our current 2B situation is. They want LaStella to continue working on his hitting and defense. We may see Gosselin before we see LaStella.

Ridiculous. Even if he isn't "driving" the ball, having a 2Bman that can OBP at least .350 would be a huge improvement.

I keep hearing the Braves are in no hurry to bring him up no matter how bad our current 2B situation is. They want LaStella to continue working on his hitting and defense. We may see Gosselin before we see LaStella.

I'd rather have La Stella, but I'd take Gosselin.

We're pretty much at the point where we have to do something at 2B. Pastornicky and Pena are good bench guys but have shown they shouldn't be playing as much as they have.

We're pretty much at the point where we have to do something at 2B. Pastornicky and Pena are good bench guys but have shown they shouldn't be playing as much as they have.

I read the Yankees are just about ready to cut Kelly Johnson. But I'm not sure he would be much of an improvement since he hasn't played much at 2B recently.

Kelly might be worth a flier on a minor league deal if he gets cut loose and the Braves decide to not rush La Stella. However he isnt going to bring a lot. Only .196/.271/.407 this year. We do know that when he heats up he's a very good hitter but when he goes cold he's ice cold.