Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Official 2014 Atlanta Braves Season Thread

501 posts in this topic

Schafer has asked Fredi for more playing time according to DOB. Fredi said he was proud and impressed by Schafers work ethic but said he's in a tough spot behind the Uptons and Heyward

I ask the question again, why is Tyler Pastornicky on this team? Braves have played 33 games and Rev has appeared in just 11 of those games with just 12 PA.

I ask the question again, why is Tyler Pastornicky on this team? Braves have played 33 games and Rev has appeared in just 11 of those games with just 12 PA.

Pinch hitter, pinch runner, and reserve infielder. Thought it was obvious.

Pinch hitter, pinch runner, and reserve infielder. Thought it was obvious.

11 games out of 33. 12 PA. What in the heIl makes Ramiro Pena so far superior to Pastornicky? Pena, 16 games, 38 PA.

11 games out of 33. 12 PA. What in the heIl makes Ramiro Pena so far superior to Pastornicky? Pena, 16 games, 38 PA.

Pena can hit lefty, Pastornicky can't. Pena is also a better fielder, so he's more likely to get the fill-in starts.

The Braves announced today that Alex Wood would be moved to the bullpen. Aaron Harang will make Wood's previously announced start on Sunday.

Wood will start a week from Saturday in St Louis though. Sounds like that might be the plan for right now. He'll be in the bullpen but he'll make a start every so often to keep him stretched out.

Wood will start a week from Saturday in St Louis though. Sounds like that might be the plan for right now. He'll be in the bullpen but he'll make a start every so often to keep him stretched out.

It looks like Fredi and his staff have changed their minds about this. Wood will not start Saturday and the 6-man rotation will not happen. No doubt all the starting pitchers voiced their displeasure with this idea.

Braves made a deal yesterday to acquire utility IF Ozzie Martinez. They've assigned him to Triple-A and theres mounting feeling the Braves are about to part with Uggla.

Yeah Martinez logged 34 games or so with the Marlins. The thought process is if the Braves are calling up La Stella they'll need someone at Gwinnett

Wren did an interview with the AJC and he said the plan for "right now" is to keep Uggla and see if he can be productive as a bench player. Wren did say Uggla would start again should he show life off the bench. He also mentioned it doesn't feel like the Braves are in first and his concern with the way the Braves have looked offensively.

Wren did an interview with the AJC and he said the plan for "right now" is to keep Uggla and see if he can be productive as a bench player. Wren did say Uggla would start again should he show life off the bench. He also mentioned it doesn't feel like the Braves are in first and his concern with the way the Braves have looked offensively.

Read: "I can't find someone to pay at least part of his salary, so we're stuck with him for a little while longer".

Read: "I can't find someone to pay at least part of his salary, so we're stuck with him for a little while longer".

It should say "I'll get rid of Uggla one way or another!!"

Walden had a set back looking like mid to late June before he's able to pitch again. Venters will throw off the mound this weekend.

Wren needs to go find the next EOF, tell them we will take your struggling pitcher and you can have uggla and 10 mil towards his salary.

Come on wren go dumpster diving again lol.

Wren needs to go find the next EOF, tell them we will take your struggling pitcher and you can have uggla and 10 mil towards his salary.

Come on wren go dumpster diving again lol.

And when it happens, Uggla will end up hitting 30 HRs this season (in another ball park) and the pitcher we pick up will turn it around and then walk during free agency lol.

Uggla has only 2 HR's and 10 RBI's this season and those 2 HR's and 5 of those RBI's came in that 1 game against the Phillies. In fact, Dan Uggla has ZERO (0) RBI's since that game on April 14th. Overall he's just 9-for-62 since that game. Uggla has just 6 walks this season, so the one area where he was still good at the last two years (walks) he's no doing this season. I honestly don't know what the point of keeping him on the roster is.

Idk whether to be mad at Dan or feel pitty, but his performance as a braves is freaking pathetic. He's a great guy and a hard worker so it can't be work ethic, but **** dude. How do you go from one of the best hitters in baseball to worse than a pitcher?

Idk whether to be mad at Dan or feel pitty, but his performance as a braves is freaking pathetic. He's a great guy and a hard worker so it can't be work ethic, but **** dude. How do you go from one of the best hitters in baseball to worse than a pitcher?

He wasn't never one of the best hitters in baseball. The only thing Dan Uggla did good as a hitter was hit homeruns. But there's far more to hitting than just homeruns. What the Braves are experiencing now and how rapidly a player can decline when his only offensive skill set (homeruns) is no longer there and it's not pretty.

Wren is trying to find some type of deal but I believe it could be any day now where they just release him. Nobody wants that contract and the Braves are obviously done with him if he cant even see the field with Pastornicky banged up. The one game he did start he had to be removed because of his defense.

I feel neither for Uggla. He is what he is. I'm sure he works hard, yada yada yada, but in the end he's being paid to play baseball. If he had some sort of career defining injury I would feel bad for him. As it is, he's just one of many, many players whose skills eroded faster than the expiration of his contract. He's not the first, and he won't be the last.