Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Official 2014 Atlanta Braves Season Thread

501 posts in this topic

If you're going to change the leadership you should go GM first. The new GM should be able to make the decision on who the manager is.

Depends on how you are going about it. They are supposed to lead in different areas. An organization routinely changes operations managers without changing CEOs. Managers go all the time without changing GMs.

Mark Bowman did add that Hart isnt interested in the full time GM role. He enjoys being able to work on MLB Network. He is still being mentioned as a mentor to whoever the new GM is.

I feel sorry for Wren. There are very few teams as talented as the braves from top to bottom.

And there are almost no teams whose majority of major players were drafted and brought up.

Even the As are built from the outside now

Schafer is a great example of Wren. The kid is doing great elsewhere. Wren believed in his talent so much he brought him in twice.

In this instance his failure was coaching, not management.

dmite likes this

Heyward

Gattis

Freeman

Simmons

Medlen

Teheran

Wood

Minor

Bethancourt

Kimbrel

LA Stella.

Gosselin

The braves have a number of top 5-10 players at their position

I could go on and on. The guy has no problem with bringing in talent. And that's his job. If you add in trades he's even better.

I can't fault a man for bringing in players who were good but sucked here. The only 2 I fault him for are BJ and kawakami.

Name me another move that we weren't excited about when it went down? Lowe was a mistake only because we waited too long to the point he was all that was left

I feel sorry for Wren. There are very few teams as talented as the braves from top to bottom.

And there are almost no teams whose majority of major players were drafted and brought up.

Even the As are built from the outside now

I agree with you, but I think Wren, if fired, will land on his feet and build another organization successfully, especially if he's not handcuffed on getting a manager that is hand picked out by his president.

I agree with you, but I think Wren, if fired, will land on his feet and build another organization successfully, especially if he's not handcuffed on getting a manager that is hand picked out by his president.

I just hope he doesn't take any scouts with him.

Anddd Wren is gone...

So bloody aggravating. What, are they going the new GM the option of keeping fredi?

If so, how dumb can we get...

Wren was great at drafting guys, but those big FA contracts were terrible.

Lowe, Kawakami, Uggla, BJ, and Santana (he had good flashes but overall wasn't good)

Not sure how much he had a hand in Freddi being manager, that was the ultimate downfall

Schafer is a great example of Wren. The kid is doing great elsewhere. Wren believed in his talent so much he brought him in twice.

In this instance his failure was coaching, not management.

Schafer is not a good hitter. He has had a good run with the Twins but it's still only a sample size of 142 PA. He's still just a career .229/.311/.310 hitter in 1393 PA.

Schafer is not a good hitter. He has had a good run with the Twins but it's still only a sample size of 142 PA. He's still just a career .229/.311/.310 hitter in 1393 PA.

Sure. I'm not saying he's an amazing ball player. But he's still at least an average player. Not to mention he's averaging an RBI and SB every 10 ABs in Minny.

His drastic turnaround also suggests perhaps there was a factor outside of just his talent.

Chip Caray: "That's Andrelton Simmons' 25th double play hit into, the most by any Atlanta Brave ever. But at least he made contact."

Can we please fire Chip Caray and Joe Simpson while we're at it?

Chip Caray: "That's Andrelton Simmons' 25th double play hit into, the most by any Atlanta Brave ever. But at least he made contact."

Can we please fire Chip Caray and Joe Simpson while we're at it?

Your team is in a sad state when a dp is positive. I can only think of one situation a dp would be a positive.

Your team is in a sad state when a dp is positive. I can only think of one situation a dp would be a positive.

It's sad that our announcers are so stupid that they think a double play is better than a strikeout despite 2 outs being made over 1 out.

Braves lose yet again. Congratulations to the Pirates on making the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row! This month makes me remember all the pain of June 2006 when the Braves went just 6-20. Right now they're 4-16 in September.