Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Official 2014 Atlanta Braves Season Thread

501 posts in this topic

Thank you. Glad someone remembers those posts. I also said Carpenter was a complete unknown because before last year he was nothing but a jorneyman and then has that kind of season and there was no way of knowing if he would be capable of repeating it.

I don't remember Carpenter, but I do remember quite a few times where you have talked about how last year was a fluke for Avilan

Falconsfan567 likes this

I don't remember Carpenter, but I do remember quite a few times where you have talked about how last year was a fluke for Avilan

It was. You can't walk as many guys as he did with that few strikeouts and not have it eventually catch up with you. Especially when compared to his walk and strikeout rates of 2012.

RHP Juan Jaime, LHP Chasen Shreve, OF Jose Constanza, and Professional Hitter Joey Terdoslavich have been added to the big league roster today in the wake of the September roster expansion. C Christian Bethancourt will join the team on Tuesday.

Braves expect Shae Simmons to miss the rest of the season. Not enough time to build his arm back up after 5 weeks off and not being ready to throw yet.

2015 schedule has been released. Braves open in Miami. Brian McCann returns to Turner Field August 28th. Braves will welcome Jays, Red Sox, Yankees, Rays and Orioles to Atlanta in 2015.

Jon Heyman reporting Fredi will very likely be back. Peter Gammons however hinted around at some potential front office changes with John Hart getting all authority like LaRussa with Arizona.

Jon Heyman reporting Fredi will very likely be back. Peter Gammons however hinted around at some potential front office changes with John Hart getting all authority like LaRussa with Arizona.

Nothing, NOTHING, will change as long as Frediot is in the dugout. Frediot is the bigger problem here. How Wren is catching more heat I'll never know. The talent is there.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Nothing, NOTHING, will change as long as Frediot is in the dugout. Frediot is the bigger problem here. How Wren is catching more heat I'll never know. The talent is there.

Wren has made a few mistakes but man Fredi is a complete waste. He brings nothing to the table and is one of the worst in baseball. If Wren goes and Fredi stays I won't watch a game next year.

Falconsfan567 likes this

If Fredi isn't fired, then nothing else they do will matter. He is the biggest problem they have. You don't keep your fresh turd in the toilet because it looks amazing, you flush it out. Keeping Fredi would be more of the same.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Ken Rosenthal mentioned the Braves could bring Dayton Moore back to Atlanta as GM

Yeah, I just saw that. That would be freaking terrible!! I'm sick of the Braves Way. The Braves Way hasn't worked in 15 years! It's a broken model! We need a fresh, new, attitude!!

Mark Bowman reporting Wren might be fired before the season ends. His assistant John Coppolella would be named interim GM according to Bowman until a replacement is hired.

Mark Bowman reporting Wren might be fired before the season ends. His assistant John Coppolella would be named interim GM according to Bowman until a replacement is hired.

1 down, 1 to go.

If Wren is fired before Fredi there should be a riot. Ultimately Uggla and BJ may have cut his throat.

If you're going to change the leadership you should go GM first. The new GM should be able to make the decision on who the manager is.

if that manager is Fredi, this team will forever underachieve