Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Official 2014 Atlanta Braves Season Thread

501 posts in this topic

I'm not the biggest JHey guy. However he isn't the biggest issue we have. I do wish he'd find where he left his power bat.

Heyward's lack of power is the only thing to be concerned with offensively. Other than that he's done a good job offensively since he's dropped down to the middle of the order (.291/.377/.396). But the biggest thing is people need to remember that Jason Heyward just turned 25 a few days ago. Of course that doesn't matter to some people. They expect everyone to come up and immediately be Mike Trout or they suck.

Heyward's lack of power is the only thing to be concerned with offensively. Other than that he's done a good job offensively since he's dropped down to the middle of the order (.291/.377/.396). But the biggest thing is people need to remember that Jason Heyward just turned 25 a few days ago. Of course that doesn't matter to some people. They expect everyone to come up and immediately be Mike Trout or they suck.

They hype he received put him in a position to only fail. Comparing him to Aaron his rookie year was unfair. He did exhibit good power and it seems when he struggled and then came out of his funk finally his power stroke went away. I'm hoping as he builds his confidence his power will return. His average is respectable now, he is a great baserunner, and elite defender. 25 homers a year puts him at AS level.

I think people forget we only have Heyward one more season and that he's been largely disappointing since his rookie year. We likely get in a bind of paying for potential or just letting him walk after next year

I think people forget we only have Heyward one more season and that he's been largely disappointing since his rookie year. We likely get in a bind of paying for potential or just letting him walk after next year

I think he'll get extended this offseason. He's not going to get a top of the league contract, but it will be a good amount. He's shown a lot since the All Star break.

Yep! How dare Jason Heyward hit only .269/.335/.479 with 27 homeruns while playing great defense and baserunning. Who in the heIl does he think he is? <_<

Rusney Castillo will begin considering offers this weekend. Braves are said to still be interested but will have to outbid some larger markets. Red Sox are expected to be very aggressive.

The braves just posted an article about Heyward being an MVP candidate...

Yeah no. Not on this team.

Heyward, Freeman, Justin....I just wish we had someone playing well enough to be considered but no one is living up to expectations

Heyward, Freeman, Justin....I just wish we had someone playing well enough to be considered but no one is living up to expectations

Even if they were, our team is too bad to even be considered.

I mean Freddie was great on a very good team last year and didn't win. Why would JHey even be able to compete now?

Wasting my time for Internet clicks. Tsk tsk braves lol

Braves appear to be out on Rusney Castillo with bidding reaching $50-60M over 5 years. BoSox, Tigers, Yankees, Phillies and Giants are still in

Found this in a USA Today article. All 3 should be fired, if we miss the playoffs.

AROUND THE BASEPATHS

--Whispers are getting louder in baseball circles that if the Atlanta Braves miss the playoffs, it could result in a front-office shakeup involving GM Frank Wren and perhaps even manager Fredi Gonzalez.

Braves CEO Terry McGuirk, in a lengthy interview with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, did not offer any votes of confidence, saying only that they are accountable for the team's performance.

Found this in a USA Today article. All 3 should be fired, if we miss the playoffs.

AROUND THE BASEPATHS

--Whispers are getting louder in baseball circles that if the Atlanta Braves miss the playoffs, it could result in a front-office shakeup involving GM Frank Wren and perhaps even manager Fredi Gonzalez.

Braves CEO Terry McGuirk, in a lengthy interview with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, did not offer any votes of confidence, saying only that they are accountable for the team's performance.

Wren should get one more shot at hiring a manager. Fredi should be gone if we do anything other than win a round in the playoffs

Wren should get one more shot at hiring a manager. Fredi should be gone if we do anything other than win a round in the playoffs

I do wonder how much say frank had in hiring fredi.

DOB mentioned theres a good chance the Braves will take a look at moving Gattis this offseason. Team loves his bat but is worried about his defense and the ability of his big body to handle catching

Donnie Murphy has gotten off to a hot start with the G-Braves. In just 24 ABs he already has 2 HRs, 10 RBIs, .811 OPS, and .542 SLG. He could be a candidate for next year's bench if Ramiro Pena doesn't return.

Donnie Murphy has gotten off to a hot start with the G-Braves. In just 24 ABs he already has 2 HRs, 10 RBIs, .811 OPS, and .542 SLG. He could be a candidate for next year's bench if Ramiro Pena doesn't return.

Huh? His numbers are terrible.