Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Official 2014 Atlanta Braves Season Thread

501 posts in this topic

Any updates on who is in on Rusney Castillo after his workout?

Everyone it seems like. They said 100 officials from all around baseball attended the showcase.

Everyone it seems like. They said 100 officials from all around baseball attended the showcase.

What I read said his arm looked average and his speed was plus plus. His power was better than expected. But the funny thing was he had handlers and was a bit of a diva. Changed shirts and shoes after each drill. Was thinking we may start hearing some news on which teams are seriously pursuing him by end of the week. Not sure.

Red Sox, Yankees, Phillies and Orioles have scheduled private workouts. Other teams, including the Braves, are pondering private workouts.

Schafer has been DFA. We now wait and see if another team claims him if not he could be sent to Gwinnett but word is the Braves will just release him if no other team bites

I will tell u his offensive WAR isn't great. But defensively he is elite. He is a top 10, maybe top 5 defensive player in the game right now.

I will tell u his offensive WAR isn't great. But defensively he is elite. He is a top 10, maybe top 5 defensive player in the game right now.

I would gladly trade a little defense for some offense on this team. Maybe we could score more than 1-2 runs a game

CrimsonFalcon likes this

I would gladly trade a little defense for some offense on this team. Maybe we could score more than 1-2 runs a game

I'm not the biggest JHey guy. However he isn't the biggest issue we have. I do wish he'd find where he left his power bat.