Cj2K Most Likely Landing Spot For Falcons

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Per NFL.Com

1. Atlanta Falcons: Even with coach Mike Smith's recent vote of confidence in Steven Jackson, the Falcons could use an influx of speed in the backfield. The Tennesseans's Jim Wyatt, who has covered Johnson for over six years in Nashville, is placing his money on Atlanta as Johnson's next NFL cit

I just can't see it manly because he would only do what Qizz does and Qizz is by far cheaper

Instead of Johnson take that money and add another OLmen or a TE heck even a FB

There is plenty of value to be had in the middle rounds of the draft at the RB position

So 1000+ rushing yards and 250+ receiving yards every single year of his career so far = washed up? LOL

so our OL is gonna block for CJ to do that here in ATL just like we blocked for Turner in 2012, and SJax last year. im telling u, we do not want him here we need fresh legs

Edited by Miller2Rison

Last I checked, we aren't going to have the same line as the last few years.

this is true but i think we should go in a differant direction rather then signing another FA RB it's time we bring in someone young and maybe we could actually give Smith some carries this year considering he takes every carry he gets to the house we just dont ever give him any carries

Where'd the washed up comment come from? Are you predicting he'll become washed up this year?

Not necessarily. But there is a higher likelihood of it happening and I'd rather not pay 3 mil a year to find out.

Give me a 5th round rookie to pair with SJax who we can pay 500k that way if he doesn't work out, we didn't really lose anything.

Not necessarily. But there is a higher likelihood of it happening and I'd rather not pay 3 mil a year to find out.

Give me a 5th round rookie to pair with SJax who we can pay 500k that way if he doesn't work out, we didn't really lose anything.

Where does this thought come from that we can just trot any 5th round rookie out there and be successful come from? Not every 5th rounder is Alfred Morris.

Where does this thought come from that we can just trot any 5th round rookie out there and be successful come from? Not every 5th rounder is Alfred Morris.

I answered that question in my post. Not saying he does work out, but if he doesn't, you didn't break the bank.

Alfred Morris was a 6th rounder :P lol

I don't mind CJ2K as a player but if we do this I have lost all hope in this front office. CJ2K is going to want a big pile of cash that could have been spent on positions of greater need. It would also provide that the front office doesn't get it that the problem with the run game was the O-line and blocking, not the need for another shiny new toy in the backfield.

He can want a big pile of cash til he's blue in the face. He isn't going to get it.

so our OL is gonna block for CJ to do that here in ATL just like we blocked for Turner in 2012, and SJax last year. im telling u, we do not want him here we need fresh legs

Good RB's have the ability to set up the block. A lot of times you need speed to get this done. CJ is a playmaker. He have that ability to make his line look good.

So I Guess the Seahawks have the best offensive line in the NFL. Never mind the fact they have beast mode. Yes I think if you put CJ behind our line, he will still ball out. Nobody on our team have that cut back ability and beat the defense to the outside, except no other than Antoine Smith and look at his yards per carry on a handful of touches.