Aaron Donald Is The Best Defensive Player In This Draft

Mark it down and I'll bump this is 3 years when it's obvious.

His 40 time is the fastest (tied with Tommie Harris) of any defensive tackle this century. Only fifteen hundreths of a second behind Clowney's "amazing" time. And that translates to the field. Just look at the guy's closing speed on film.

He's had 66 tackles behind the line of scrimmage in 4 years. Nearly half of those last year against stiffer competition in the ACC. This is out of 181 total tackles. That means one out of every three tackles go for a loss. But he's had 29.5 sacks. If you add those in, nearly HALF his tackles have been for a loss.

The guy is 285 but plays like he's 315. He rang up 35 on the bench at the combine. He's practically unblockable. He led all DTs in the 3 cone and the broad jump. This also translates to the field. His change of direction, acceleration, and overall athleticism is more like a 230 pound linebacker than a DT.

Add in the extras, 11 passes defended, 6 forced fumbles (4 last year). The guy's stats have consistently improved EVERY year.

Whoever drafts this guy will have a multi-year pro bowl player and a "difference maker" on defense for many years to come. It is absolutely NOT a reach to take this guy with the #6 pick. But I'm afraid the re-signing of Babs and the transition to 3-4 may have taken him completely off our radar. That's a shame.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most eveyone likes Donald but with signings of Soliai & Jackson along with re-signings of Babs, Peters and Jerry along with more "multiple" defensive schemes, it is just not happening. We addressed interior dline in free agency and we will address passrush in the draft.

Most eveyone likes Donald but with signings of Soliai & Jackson along with re-signings of Babs, Peters and Jerry along with more "multiple" defensive schemes, it is just not happening. We addressed interior dline in free agency and we will address passrush in the draft.

The guy had 11 sacks last year as a DT. That doesn't qualify as a pass rusher?

I agree resigning Babs may have sealed it though. But this guy is Babs on steroids. Faster, stronger, quicker. And younger.

I wouldn't be upset if we drafted A. Donald. He's certainly better than what we have at the position. Plus, it would give us some much needed depth, and he could compete for a starting job.

I'm just not sure I would draft him in the 1st, and I don't think he'll be there for us, in the 2nd.

But, if he is, I'd say TAKE HIM ---

His 40 time is the fastest (tied with Tommie Harris) of any defensive tackle this century. Only fifteen hundreths of a second behind Clowney's "amazing" time. And that translates to the field. Just look at the guy's closing speed on film.

He's had 66 tackles behind the line of scrimmage in 4 years. Nearly half of those last year against stiffer competition in the ACC. This is out of 181 total tackles. That means one out of every three tackles go for a loss. But he's had 29.5 sacks. If you add those in, nearly HALF his tackles have been for a loss.

The guy is 285 but plays like he's 315. He rang up 35 on the bench at the combine. He's practically unblockable. He led all DTs in the 3 cone and the broad jump. This also translates to the field. His change of direction, acceleration, and overall athleticism is more like a 230 pound linebacker than a DT.

Add in the extras, 11 passes defended, 6 forced fumbles (4 last year). The guy's stats have consistently improved EVERY year.

Whoever drafts this guy will have a multi-year pro bowl player and a "difference maker" on defense for many years to come. It is absolutely NOT a reach to take this guy with the #6 pick. But I'm afraid the re-signing of Babs and the transition to 3-4 may have taken him completely off our radar. That's a shame.

I'm glad you're sure.....better than Clowney, Mack, Barr, Mosley, and all others. You must be a prophet......

An impressive summary of a very good player.

IF...........IF TD and his staff of 50 feel as strong as you do they will find a way to make Mr. Donald a Falcon, rest assured.

Absolutely love Aaron Donald. Probably my top 4 favorite guys in the draft along with Greg Robinson, Mack & Attauchu.