I Wonder How Many People Hated On Td Trading Way Up To Take Jj

Stoic

There is a GOOD chance we do the same (to a lesser degree) to grab JC.

Although I would prefer to stay at 6 and grab Mack or Matthews...this just makes sense for the ATLFO.

You never know until you know. I think there is a 60% chance we do this.

If JC IS what many people think he is: We should do very well.

If not...well...look for major changes in the FO if we win less than 9 games next year.

Thoughts? And I mean REAL INPUT...unless you have a funny GIF to mock what I just said (love those dang things)......

GAME ON!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people love julio the player but not the cost that it took to get him. i can understand why people would not want to trade up again and lose picks especially.

We will not under any circumstance select 10 players.

6 at the most. We don't have the room.

I'm a quality over quantity man. Dimitroffs oline and dline whiffs have made many folks on here skittish with trading up and losing picks. I'm all for going to get our man. But when you are forced to start UDFA, year two scrubs and projects because we have drafted line players poorly, giving up picks for one player when you are clearly many players away, is harmful.

In the end, I see it both ways. And really, I don't care either way. But I'm old school and believe you win games in the trenches.

Its all about how much you have to give to trade up.

Julio is my favorite player, by far, but man, they give a h3ll of a lot for him. Way to much.

I also believe that they give too much to get Tru.

If you can get a trade like the one Miami made with the Raiders, for Dion Jordan (I like the trade, I don´t like the player) I would be up for it.

But we still need help at RT and FS. So, how do you address those needs?

not me glad we did just hope if he does it again we get another great player

Right.

When you make a move like that you are thinking wooooooah.... Wooooooah.... Idk if this was good? What did we give up? We have so many needs. Oh my.... What the F..

And then all of a sudden when Julio Jones is standing there holding up the Atlanta Falcons jersey it hits you.... Wow we are going to have the stud on our team.

This year it's going to be the exact same feeling..... But

Wow.... We got Clowney

Right.

When you make a move like that you are thinking wooooooah.... Wooooooah.... Idk if this was good? What did we give up? We have so many needs. Oh my.... What the F..

And then all of a sudden when Julio Jones is standing there holding up the Atlanta Falcons jersey it hits you.... Wow we are going to have the stud on our team.

This year it's going to be the exact same feeling..... But

Wow.... We got Clowney

I hate to say it Ryne but I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

We will see. People told me that all last offseason as well when I said from day 1 Trufant was going to be the guy

I'll tip my cap to you if you're right. Buy you a beverage at the next game. I think that the actions thus far in free agency have leaned toward defensive line. This makes me think we make one more move toward O-line before we look at FS, LB and TE. Question for you Ryne. Do you believe Clowney is a Ray Lewis, Lawrence Taylor type special player? I only ask because I respect your opinion and I haven't seen enough of him to get that vibe.

I'll tip my cap to you if you're right. Buy you a beverage at the next game. I think that the actions thus far in free agency have leaned toward defensive line. This makes me think we make one more move toward O-line before we look at FS, LB and TCE. Question for you Ryne. Do you believe Clowney is a Ray Lewis, Lawrence Taylor type special player? I only ask because I respect your opinion and I haven't seen enough of him to get that vibe.

Wheeeeeeeeewwww now those are some comparisons. Hard for me to crown a guy with that type of honor. Those are two of the best that ever played.

I think he can be another Julius Peppers. Will he be? I'm not sure. Can he be? No question. Is it worth the gamble to move up and get him? 100%

But yes I think Clowney is a special once in a decade type talent. He needs some coaching and he'll get it.

Look at the people we are working out. Anthony Barr.... Why? Because I think we want a pass rusher round 1. If we can't get Mack or Clowney I see a trade down. Now don't get me wrong we are working out tons of guys. But that's just what I'm seeing

Edited by RYNE

While I love having Julio on the team, I don't see how anyone can deny that giving up those picks at least contributed to the lack of quality depth we fielded last year.

Whether one agrees or not, the most idiotic thing I see on this board is people calling others idiots for not agreeing with their opinion.

JJ was a much safer pick than Clowney. JJ has a great attitude and work ethic and it was clear he was going to be a superstar.

Clowney? Half the world is labeling him a bust already. Not exactly the same situation. Besides, we've seen how this team looks with no depth. If we bet the house on Clowney, we're banking on the fact that not only will he not bust, but that he'll be able to hold our team up with somewhat small support. That's hard odds to take.

If we trade up for Clowney I'll be sick. He's no stud right now, he's big and fast....and it stops there. Gunna take a lot of coaching and I don't know if I trust our DL coach enough to turn him into a stud. I'd rather take Mack if we're going that route, he's polished and almost just as fast, just a bit shorter.

But even for Mack I'd really only want to trade up to 4. Otherwise sit tight and grab Matthews. If he's gone by then also, trade down. We get extra picks and can use the later ones to move up a bit in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Edited by CDuB2009