Attaochu, Thomas Shine At Georgia Tech’S Pro Day

http://atlantafalcons.blog.ajc.com/2014/03/28/attaochu-thomas-shine-at-georgia-techs-pro-day/

Georgia Tech standout Jeremiah Attachou went through the linebacker and defensive linemen drills at the school’s Pro Day on Friday.

He suffered a torn right hamstring in the third quarter of the Senior Bowl and was not able to perform for NFL teams at the NFL scouting combine.

Here’s a photo gallery from the day’s events.

“I think I did great,” Attaochu said. “I think I surprised myself a little bit. I had an injury. I rehabbed the injury and I was still able to run (the 40-yard dash) pretty good. I was in the 4.5s everywhere.”

Also, defensive back Jemea Thomas had a strong workout. I had him clocked at 4:38 on the phone stop watch.

- See more at: http://atlantafalcons.blog.ajc.com/2014/03/28/attaochu-thomas-shine-at-georgia-techs-pro-day/#sthash.tJoUkGbc.dpuf

I really think Attaochu could be a great pick in the Draft.

Not sure how long he'll last.........2nd..........3rd ??

I'm fairly confident Attaochu will be there at #37 - i really doubt he will make it past the first 15 picks in the 2nd round though.

This kid can BALL! Thomas will be a steal at 5-7. A lot of people really don't know because the negative pub about Paul Johnson's TO. But GT has a RB who is worth a good look for UDFA in D. Sims, later for that TO stuff. A DT 6:6, 299 lb Euclid Cummings and a fast OLB D. Watts who would be excellent UDFA looks and that's not homing it that is real talk.

I really think Attaochu could be a great pick in the Draft.

Not sure how long he'll last.........2nd..........3rd ??

Attaochu will go in the 2nd. Any other year, he may have snuck into the late 1st round or top of the 2nd.

Regarding the comparison between him and Barr, the difference is this: Barr is the more explosive "athlete." This means that his get off and short area quickness is better. Scouts see Barr as having a higher ceiling when it comes to becoming an elite rusher, as well as covering tight ends and backs. His athleticism is off the charts.

Whether this means that he will actually turn out to be the better player is debatable, but the guys at the top of the draft are there in great part due to their athleticism.

Personally, I would pass on Barr if Mack, Mathews, and Robinson were taken, and trade back. My reasoning is that while Barr has more upside, he may also turn out to be the bigger bust. While he may turn into Aldon Smith, he hasn't played his position very long. Ziggy Ansah and Jason Pierre-Paul were risky, fairly inexperienced picks who turned out great, but then there are the Dion Jordans of the world.

Attaochu's game reminds of Brian Orakpo. At worst, he will be a very solid OLB in a 3-4 scheme that a number of teams would love to have. Being drafted in the 2nd, however, he won't be considered a "bust" if he doesn't turn out to be an Orakpo.

so that is why one is considered a top 15 pick, the other a 2-3 rounder? failed logic.

"ESPN's Todd McShay would "have a hard time" drafting UCLA edge player Anthony Barr in the top 25 picks."

The analyst dropped Barr from No. 16 to No. 28 overall in late February.

"Attaochu has also drawn the eye of Rotoworld draft analyst Josh Norris, who ranks the defensive end No. 28 overall due to his burst and strong hands."

You were saying?

I was researching this guy earlier today and I think we should go OT in the first, if Robinson or Mathews is there. Then take either Jeremiah or Marcus Smith, or Dee Ford in the second. I believe there are a few pass rushers to be had at the top of the 2nd rd. We're not doomed if we don't get clowney, mack or barr

"ESPN's Todd McShay would "have a hard time" drafting UCLA edge player Anthony Barr in the top 25 picks."

The analyst dropped Barr from No. 16 to No. 28 overall in late February.

"Attaochu has also drawn the eye of Rotoworld draft analyst Josh Norris, who ranks the defensive end No. 28 overall due to his burst and strong hands."

You were saying?

ok and? i still see barr ranked top 20, and your boy as a 2-3 rounder by most accounts.

lol ummm

You said one is considered a top 15 and one is considered a 2-3rd rounder. Then i gave you two people who rate both guys at 28. "failed logic" ey?

and concensus is one is a 1st round the other is not. argue all you want, talk to the grading scouts, not me.