Jeff Fisher Is Pretty High On Sammy Watkins...

Macintez

"He’s very, very explosive. I mean, he’s good with the ball. He's good without the ball. He's one of those guys that can pluck a ball at his ankles running full speed. He's gonna be a very, very good pro." - Jeff Fisher on Sammy Watkins

While Tavon is a solid playmaker, he doesn't have the size and build of a #1. He would be an excellent #2 though. Watkins would do great in taking pressure off of him (and Sam for that matter) helping him to make even more plays.

I think every GM is pretty high on Sammy.

TD:

Sammy is a special receiver,” Atlanta Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff told USA TODAY Sports. “Since Julio (Jones) and A.J. (Green) came out, this is the kind of receiver since then (you want).

“In my mind, Sammy’s the kind of guy that’s gonna be a big, impact-type guy that can have defenses on their heels Day 1. He’s gonna be an exciting player to watch for many years.”

I think every GM is pretty high on Sammy.

TD:

Sammy is a special receiver,” Atlanta Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff told USA TODAY Sports. “Since Julio (Jones) and A.J. (Green) came out, this is the kind of receiver since then (you want).

“In my mind, Sammy’s the kind of guy that’s gonna be a big, impact-type guy that can have defenses on their heels Day 1. He’s gonna be an exciting player to watch for many years.”

I recall Snead talking with Dimitroff throughout the WR drills at the combine. Could mean something, maybe nothing.

Not sure if he was pressed about him but things like this usually mean the Rams WON'T go after Watkins. We see it every year.

Josh McDaniels gushing over Dez Bryant to draft Demaryius Thomas.

Dimitroff doing Pioli a solid and stating he was pretty sure the Chiefs wouldn't draft Berry, which just let me know they'd had conversations and Berry was going to be the guy.

Honestly, I kind of think the Falcons aren't going after Clowney b/c of all the talking they've done about him. I realize that they've been asked a lot about him too though.

Only average height with a leaner than ideal build, lacking elite muscle definition or strength. Lacks elite speed and more of a glider. Not overly physical and won't break many tackles.

Wait... You still talking about Watkins?

You CAN'T be talking about Watkins.

This isn't my scouting report of him, but I read it in every single one of them.

Watkins runs with the same physicality as Julio, he plays so physical you could argue it's his best trait. His playing style is basically a combination of Julio and Roddy White. He's has GREAT hands and leaping abilty. Isn't scared to go across the middle and make the tough catches. With the ball in his hands he turns in to a RB... He really knows how to drop his shoulders and punish opposing defenders ESPECIALLY CBs. He's also as agile and shifty as a short RB.

This man will come in a put up great stats immediately.

Yeah, Watkins doesnt have prototypical size. But he's got everything else. He's going to be a very good WR.

However....I think it should be clear to EVERYONE that we are firmly in pre-draft smoke screen season. I don't know that we can take anything at face value or draw any real conclusions. Its disinformation month.

Yeah, Watkins doesnt have prototypical size. But he's got everything else. He's going to be a very good WR.

However....I think it should be clear to EVERYONE that we are firmly in pre-draft smoke screen season. I don't know that we can take anything at face value or draw any real conclusions. Its disinformation month.

I think it just indicates a possibility more than anything. They could go OT or even DE(My worst fear).

Only average height with a leaner than ideal build, lacking elite muscle definition or strength. Lacks elite speed and more of a glider. Not overly physical and won't break many tackles.

Julio, obvious you never really watched him play or you would not have made that ridiculous statement about him. The mfker is as tough as Roddy ...