Snelling's Replacement

David sims

A former quarterback, Sims transitioned to the B-back position a year ago, joining A-back Orwin Smith in the backfield. In Paul Johnson's offense, the role of the B-back is generally a runner with fullback size, but the speed of a running back, a role Anthony Allen and Jonathan Dwyer filled during their time in Atlanta. And last season, Sims finished second on the team in rushing behind quarterback Tevin Washington with 698 yards and seven touchdowns on the ground, averaging 5.2 yards per carry.

12/13/13 - 2013 ALL-ACC HONORABLE MENTION (COACHES): RB-David Sims, Sr.-R, Georgia Tech (9)...Sims, who has more than 2,200 career rushing yards, leads GeorgiaTech in rushing (846 yards this season), rushing touchdowns (11), overall touchdowns (12) and he has averaged 5.6 yards per carry. Sims, who has rushed for 100-plus yards in three of his last five games, has just one negative yardage rushing attempt among his 151 carries this season. - GeorgiaTech football

Guest King Jigsaw

He'd be good, but would cost a 4th, and wouldn't have the same role as Snelling.

Don't you mean he wouldn't have the same roll as Snelling? ph34r.png

Honestly, Snelling's role was so minimal I doubt we miss him or need a replacement. He was just a guy that did everything as well as everything else but wasn't really special at anything. Sims would be dynamic in our offense and would force us to give him a role just like Giovanni Bernard did last year with the Bengals.

Honestly, Snelling's role was so minimal I doubt we miss him or need a replacement. He was just a guy that did everything as well as everything else but wasn't really special at anything. Sims would be dynamic in our offense and would force us to give him a role just like Giovanni Bernard did last year with the Bengals.

His role was minimal... but he was also a guy that did everything as well as everything else? Well which one is it??

Guest King Jigsaw

His role was minimal... but he was also a guy that did everything as well as everything else? Well which one is it?

I didn't know skillset equated to utilization. There's a lot of people that say that we should use Antone Smith more, but by your line of thinking he isn't used because he isn't good.

Just because I said Snelling was a well-rounded back doesn't mean he played a huge part in our offense. Try again, junior.

Well, I think we need a starter and a well... a finisher (kill the clock at the end, short yardage big guy).

I think Sims would be fine for the starter role, though not my first choice.

There are any number of guys that I'd be willing to give a chance as a short yardage & utility back later in the draft or UDFA.

I'll have to go back and look but, from what I remember one of the things that stood out to me is that he catches very well away from his body.

I'm just basing off the video I watched. In all honesty, I had never heard of the guy until the offseason. I try NOT to watch Big 12 ball. Almost all the catches I saw he caught with his body, but he did catch them.