Rev's Draft Day Predictions

Rev_Hal

This is not what I WANT to happen, but what I THINK will happen.

1. If the Falcons trade up, it will be to the #2 slot to get Clowney. If we stay pat at #6, it will be Mack or Barr. This draft is deeper at OL than pass rushers, and the Falcons will get their OT in the 3rd round.

2. We desperately need a Safety, and we will take one in teh 2nd round. I would be thrilled if Pryor was still on the board, but I think he is long gone. Bucannon will be our guy.

3. If we have a 3rd round pick, it will be OL If we don't, then we have Clowney.

4. Not Falcon's related, but Manzell is going to ahve the same fate as Aaron Rogers and Brady Quinn. He is going to sit there while everyone passes on him. If I were him, I would not even show up in NY.

5. All remaining picks are depth, which we need in several areas. I suspect more than 1 LB will be taken, Don't be surprised to see up pick up a receiver in the later rounds too.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good assessment rev... But last season, oline was our weakest link, why not get the best olineman out of all the olinemen in the first. Just my thinking... Who knows, we may still trade back and stockpile.

TD and Pioli will be flipping coins in the war room..

Good assessment rev... But last season, oline was our weakest link, why not get the best olineman out of all the olinemen in the first. Just my thinking... Who knows, we may still trade back and stockpile.

TD and Pioli will be flipping coins in the war room..

It is supply and demand. There are more mid round OT's available than bona fide pass rushers.

This is not what I WANT to happen, but what I THINK will happen.

1. If the Falcons trade up, it will be to the #2 slot to get Clowney. If we stay pat at #6, it will be Mack or Barr. This draft is deeper at OL than pass rushers, and the Falcons will get their OT in the 3rd round.

2. We desperately need a Safety, and we will take one in teh 2nd round. I would be thrilled if Pryor was still on the board, but I think he is long gone. Bucannon will be our guy.

3. If we have a 3rd round pick, it will be OL If we don't, then we have Clowney.

4. Not Falcon's related, but Manzell is going to ahve the same fate as Aaron Rogers and Brady Quinn. He is going to sit there while everyone passes on him. If I were him, I would not even show up in NY.

5. All remaining picks are depth, which we need in several areas. I suspect more than 1 LB will be taken, Don't be surprised to see up pick up a receiver in the later rounds too.

I agree with everything except #4. I think Tampa is going to "shock the world" and take Johnny Football at #7.

I just cant see us not getting a Tackle on 1 or 2. I think protecting Matt and getting a solid running game going is Numero Uno and pass rusher is number 1.5. That makes the defense better but what do I know. My 2 cents is Robinson or Matthews in one and then pass rusher in 2nd then 2 Lb's and a safety in 3 and 4

I just cant see us not getting a Tackle on 1 or 2. I think protecting Matt and getting a solid running game going is Numero Uno and pass rusher is number 1.5. That makes the defense better but what do I know. My 2 cents is Robinson or Matthews in one and then pass rusher in 2nd then 2 Lb's and a safety in 3 and 4

I think offensive tackle is the one spot where its totally unpredictable what the Falcons will do. They have Sam Baker who will be heading into his 2nd year of a 6 year contract, they have Lamar Holmes who was drafted in 3rd round and who is progressing too slowly and then they RE-SIGNED Mike Johnson - why would you re-sign Mike Johnson if you were drafting an offensive tackle early? Also, as bad as the entire offensive line was last year - the worst was the interior pressure on Matt Ryan.

We know the Falcons are drafting pass rushers(plural).

We know the Falcons are drafting a free safety.

I think the Falcons will draft an offensive tackle but won't be surprised if its outside of the top 2 rounds. We really need to draft a legit center.

I don't think the signing of Mike Johnson is pertinent to the long terms plans of the Falcons. Baker really is only committed to the Falcons for the next 2 seasons. After that, the Falcons can go year-to-year.

I think the only firable offense for Dimitroff is if the Falcons have another subpar year and Ryan gets hurt in a situation where Dimitroff didn't use premium resources to improve his protection. if all he can do is point to Jon Asmoah and a 3rd round pick spent...that won't be acceptable.

I think Manziel will go number one to Houston. Bortles and Bridgewater will go to Cleveland and Jacksonville respectively. The Rams want and need either Watkins or Robinson. The Raiders get whoever the Rams don't get. Mack or Clowney will fall in our lap.

That's wishful thinking. Best case scenerio for the Falcons, but I don't see that happening. If you ask me, teams are going to look at the Seahawks and see that they got a superbowl winning QB in the 3rd round (I think it was the 3rd) and that defense wins championships. I think Clowney and Mack are gone before we pick.

That's wishful thinking. Best case scenerio for the Falcons, but I don't see that happening. If you ask me, teams are going to look at the Seahawks and see that they got a superbowl winning QB in the 3rd round (I think it was the 3rd) and that defense wins championships. I think Clowney and Mack are gone before we pick.

How is that wishful thinking? None of teams I have taking a qb currently have one. Oakland desperately need a wr and tackle. Very realistic if you ask me.

JayOzOne's Draft Day Predictions...

1. If we get rusher, then TD sucks because he should have taken a tackle.

2. If we get a tackle, then TD sucks because he should have taken a rusher.

3. Someone will create a thread about our third round selection. The thread will be titled "What the **** is a (Selection's Name)?"

4. We will have no fewer than 15 posters upset for every pick from rounds 5 through 7 because we didn't take someone they wanted, even though that player has been passed over by 32 teams more than 128 times already.

5. Some will be happy, but more will be sad because "TD sucks". Why does he suck? Because they think they know more than a man who is paid well to evaluate players full time.