I Understand Why Some Of You Are Negative

Nole9782

Honestly, for some, it's a condition that really should be looked into. Soon. But, I've been rooting for this team for 25 years. I understand the constant disappointment some of you have felt (the ones that actually have been following the team for more than 5 years now). I really do. I remember Jerry Glanville and the Run-and-Gun offense that was supposed to bring us a shot at a title. I never really knew why we hired June Jones. During those years you knew we were probably going to suck.

And then Dan Reeves came in and we all thought it was finally our time. How could we lose? We had Dan Reeves. And we even made the Super Bowl. Only to get embarrassed, multiple times, in front of the country. Things never worked out with Reeves here (perhaps the front office didn't do a good job of consistently giving Reeves what he needed to be successful) and then a young and energetic Jim Mora came in. And we got Michael Vick. And then we won at Lambeau. In the playoffs. In freezing temperatures. And there was a lot of optimism that never really panned out.

And then that thing happened. That unspeakable thing. And then the Bobby Petrino thing on top of the other thing. Listen, being a Falcons fan has meant getting punched in the face and your a** beat...pretty much always.

But some of you are such drama queens. I'm not saying they're perfect and flawless; But Mike Smith is no June Jones and Thomas Dimitroff is the best GM we've ever had. These guys are PROFESSIONALS. They've learned from some of the best. If you can't recognize winners when you see them, I don't know what to tell you. There's a reason these two drafted Matt Ryan and put together 5 winning seasons in a row. When we had never had 2...consecutive winning seasons before. Ever. In our history.

I'm not going to lie to you. Some of you make me sick. I understand why you're negative. I've been kicked in the face just like the rest of you. But the facts are the facts. There's no need to be negative when we have such a bright future in front of us. And if anything, our past gives me that much more reason to be optimistic. Because I remember the really bad times. Some of the whiners on this board obviously do not.

Edited by Nole9782

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we have another 4-12 season(which we won't) they will be gone. I don't think they need to make the playoffs to be kept(we will make the playoffs though). With a solid draft and with some of the rookies making a decent impact we will be right back to the top.

If we have another 4-12 season(which we won't) they will be gone. I don't think they need to make the playoffs to be kept(we will make the playoffs though). With a solid draft and with some of the rookies making a decent impact we will be right back to the top.

1.) I'd probably agree with that (4-12 again and they're gone)...

2.) ...even though you really can't fault them for losing almost every single one of our best players to injury last year...

3.) ...and barring another freak year of injuries, that could never happen...and if we did have another freak year of injuries that'd be very, very unlucky.

4.) I agree with every word.

Honestly, for some, it's a condition that really should be looked into. Soon. But, I've been rooting for this team for 25 years. I understand the constant disappointment some of you have felt (the ones that actually have been following the team for more than 5 years now). I really do. I remember Jerry Glanville and the Run-and-Gun offense that was supposed to bring us a shot at a title. I never really knew why we hired June Jones. During those years you knew we were probably going to suck.

And then Dan Reeves came in and we all thought it was finally our time. How could we lose? We had Dan Reeves. And we even made the Super Bowl. Only to get embarrassed, multiple times, in front of the country. Things never worked out with Reeves here (perhaps the front office didn't do a good job of consistently giving Reeves what he needed to be successful) and then a young and energetic Jim Mora came in. And we got Michael Vick. And then we won at Lambeau. In the playoffs. In freezing temperatures. And there was a lot of optimism that never really panned out.

And then that thing happened. That unspeakable thing. And then the Bobby Petrino thing on top of the other thing. Listen, being a Falcons fan has meant getting punched in the face and your a** beat...pretty much always.

But some of you are such drama queens. I'm not saying they're perfect and flawless; But Mike Smith is no June Jones and Thomas Dimitroff is the best GM we've ever had. These guys are PROFESSIONALS. They've learned from some of the best. If you can't recognize winners when you see them, I don't know what to tell you. There's a reason these two drafted Matt Ryan and put together 5 winning seasons in a row. When we had never had 2...consecutive winning seasons before. Ever. In our history.

I'm not going to lie to you. Some of you make me sick. I understand why you're negative. I've been kicked in the face just like the rest of you. But the facts are the facts. There's no need to be negative when we have such a bright future in front of us. And if anything, our past gives me that much more reason to be optimistic. Because I remember the really bad times. Some of the whiners on this board obviously do not.

A couple of errors I want to let you know about, ok. When Reeves was here, he WAS our FO. He ran the whole show. Whatever players he had when he left, Reeves himself was responsible for obtaining or holding over. Yet in seven years Reeves managed just two winning seasons. Coach Reeves' biggest problem was GM Reeves.

TD is not the best GM this team has ever had. That distinction belongs to Eddie LeBaron and\or Kenny Herock. Both managed to find Pro Bowlers in the mid to late rounds, and thier first round picks were far superior to TDs so far with the exception of Matt Ryan and Julio. Feel free to disagree. :)

Your 25 years is a long time. Try 37 going on 38. You have seen a lot, but not all of it. I haven't either. I have seen enough to have an opinion though, and its based on experience, not some knee jerk reaction on my part. I have seen a lot of NFL history, and I share it with folks here who haven't. Furthermore, winning for two seasons in a row is not an accomplishment. Its an embarassment, and I commend Smitty and TD for treating it that way.

I have been a leading critic of TDs since about his third year here. I have not liked how he has put so much emphasis on trading our picks away, I don't like it, and I will say so regardless of what anyone thinks I -should- say. Or not say.

I'll defend your right to come on here and tell me I am wrong, ok. But I will not submit to some group-think mentality that requires me to shut down my reasoning or my voice just to 'get along' or appear positive when I see a negative. If I see something the Falcons do that I do not agree with, I am gonna say so in these forums, my man. Feel free to tell me you disagree, but telling me I am being negative just to be negative....well that's what the IGNORE option is for. smile.png

Think about it. If we all agreed, what would be the point of these boards? How BORING this place would be....

Edited by egoprime II

Make some good points but 2 things. Reeves torched the SB team by releasing some key players from that team and 2, Reeves brought Vick in, not when Mora came. Reeves was part of the FO when he was here.

This^^

I was gonna say that Reeves didn't do a good job of giving Reeves what he needed to be successful.

A couple of errors I want to let you know about, ok. When Reeves was here, he WAS our FO. He ran the whole show. Whatever players he had when he left, Reeves himself was responsible for obtaining or holding over. Yet in seven years Reeves managed just two winning seasons. Coach Reeves' biggest problem was GM Reeves.

TD is not the best GM this team has ever had. That distinction belongs to Eddie LeBaron and\or Kenny Herock. Both managed to find Pro Bowlers in the mid to late rounds, and thier first round picks were far superior to TDs so far with the exception of Matt Ryan and Julio. Feel free to disagree. smile.png

Your 25 years is a long time. Try 37 going on 38. You have seen a lot, but not all of it. I haven't either. I have seen enough to have an opinion though, and its based on experience, not some knee jerk reaction on my part. I have seen a lot of NFL history, and I share it with folks here who haven't. Furthermore, winning for two seasons in a row is not an accomplishment. Its an embarassment, and I commend Smitty and TD for treating it that way.

I have been a leading critic of TDs since about his third year here. I have not liked how he has put so much emphasis on trading our picks away, I don't like it, and I will say so regardless of what anyone thinks I -should- say. Or not say.

I'll defend your right to come on here and tell me I am wrong, ok. But I will not submit to some group-think mentality that requires me to shut down my reasoning or my voice just to 'get along' or appear positive when I see a negative. If I see something the Falcons do that I do not agree with, I am gonna say so in these forums, my man. Feel free to tell me you disagree, but telling me I am being negative just to be negative....well that's what the IGNORE option is for. smile.png

Think about it. If we all agreed, what would be the point of these boards? How BORING this place would be....

I loved your response. I had a couple of things wrong, and you pointed it out. And there's nothing wrong with not thinking everything is perfect. There's nothing wrong with thinking we gave up too much for Julio Jones. And there's nothing wrong with thinking TD is the second best GM we've had.

But you HAVE to admit there is a FAR cry from your rational, limited concerns based on knowledge and experience...and what some of the people here do day in and day out. I'm willing to bet you that I could go through your last 30 days of posts and find two or three positive posts. I bet you I could (I could be wrong). I'm pretty sure I could go through a few of these people's 30,000 posts and find nothing other than complaining about how we suck.

This post was not directed at you. But I am glad you responded anyway.

Edited by Nole9782

There are a lot of nancies here, no doubt about that. I don't mind those with valid points and ideas but those with unhealthy obsessions and those that make up conspiracy theories to make TD/Smith/Ryan look bad can go jump off a cliff for all I care. I remember when I first came around and I heard the first of many 1000s of theories as to why so and so did this or that. I thought people were joking .... Boy was I wrong. These whack jobs are 100% serious when they come up the crap they spew.

I dunno though for the most part now I have a good time no matter what. I have developed a very odd sense of humor and find their torment hilarious. I lmao at how far down the rabbit hole they can go. This place will always be crazy. Good old TATF man , it attracts some of the most whackadoo MOFOs I've ever seen. Good times.

Coming from me? I'm comfortable with your comfort. For me your posts don't ever seem to bring the heat but enjoy giggling to yourself.

Exactly what it is, I am not bringing heat. This is the internet. What kind of idiot would I be if I thought I could bring heat? One of the things I find most entertaining. People actually getting emotional over what some jackwad online said to them. It's a trip.

NO NO NO and HAY YEL NOOOOO !!! Next year is NOT make or break fro TD and Smitty . They are the best duo we have had at the helm here. One miserable injury plagued year does NOT put them n the hot seat next year . Wake the fork UP people !

I agree with what I could read from your post. Baring another 4-12 season I don't see TD or Smitty leaving. It's the coming up short in the playoffs that has them in the hot seat for some people.

I'm not negative but I'm patient. I do believe in TD and Blank to an extent. I think we lack two or three CRITICAL needs. With the Qb we have, we would be MUCH better off with a two TE set. etc etc. but no I'm not negative. I guess the true question is if a person isn't happy with the current state of affairs, is that person a fan? That's the difference, some believe if you criticize your not a fan or just a fair weather fan and others think if you criticize then you actually care enough to say something if it isn't correct. The Truth is that ALL FANBASES criticize, not just the Falcon fans.