Falcons To Host Te Prospect C.j. Fiedorowicz

http://www.thefalcoh...c-j-fiedorowicz

156875170.0_standard_709.0.jpg

The Falcons may bolster their tight end depth through the 2014 NFL Draft.

The Falcons have thus far elected to roll on with only one semi-proven tight end on the roster, in the form of second-year pro Levine Toilolo. All signs point to Toilolo being the starter for this football team in 2014, but there's no way the Falcons are going to let the offseason pass without adding talent to the position.

Enter C.J. Fiedorowicz:That visit should happen sometime in the next month. Fiedorowicz is a big tight end with quality athleticism who projects as third or fourth round pick in May's draft. He's a terrific blocking tight end, with the frame and strength to be an asset for Matt Ryan and Steven Jackson in that arena. What he is not is a finished product as a pass catcher, with some struggles with his route-running and hands. Eventually, Fiedorowicz wants to become a true dual threat, but chances are good that will take a little time.

Given that the Falcons will be leaning on Toilolo to be a pass catching tight end who does damage in the red zone and end zone, Fiedorowicz would be an excellent fit. He'd step right in as the best blocking tight end on the roster and could eventually be an asset as a pass catcher complementing Toilolo or supplanting him if he falters. There's no question that if he makes it to the fourth round, in particular, the Falcons will be taking a hard look at him.

http://www.thefalcoh...c-j-fiedorowicz

156875170.0_standard_709.0.jpg

The Falcons may bolster their tight end depth through the 2014 NFL Draft.

The Falcons have thus far elected to roll on with only one semi-proven tight end on the roster, in the form of second-year pro Levine Toilolo. All signs point to Toilolo being the starter for this football team in 2014, but there's no way the Falcons are going to let the offseason pass without adding talent to the position.

Enter C.J. Fiedorowicz:

Iowa tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz will make pre-draft visit to Falcons. He told me he got good feedback from Koetter. vaughn mcclure (@vxmcclure23)

That visit should happen sometime in the next month. Fiedorowicz is a big tight end with quality athleticism who projects as third or fourth round pick in May's draft. He's a terrific blocking tight end, with the frame and strength to be an asset for Matt Ryan and Steven Jackson in that arena. What he is not is a finished product as a pass catcher, with some struggles with his route-running and hands. Eventually, Fiedorowicz wants to become a true dual threat, but chances are good that will take a little time.

Given that the Falcons will be leaning on Toilolo to be a pass catching tight end who does damage in the red zone and end zone, Fiedorowicz would be an excellent fit. He'd step right in as the best blocking tight end on the roster and could eventually be an asset as a pass catcher complementing Toilolo or supplanting him if he falters. There's no question that if he makes it to the fourth round, in particular, the Falcons will be taking a hard look at him.

Edited by DirtyBird8711

4th or 4th round comp pick again.. think we need to go OT, Pass rusher, safety with the first 3

We DO NOT need an OT. We have Johnson, Holmes, Carmi and Schraeder who will be competing for the RT spot. Johnson won the job last season but got injured I'd like to see what these guys can do under Tice before going after another OT early in the draft maybe add a Seantrel Henderson or Cameron Fleming in the 4th but I don't think we need a tackle in the 1st 3 rds.

We DO NOT need an OT. We have Johnson, Holmes, Carmi and Schraeder who will be competing for the RT spot. Johnson won the job last season but got injured I'd like to see what these guys can do under Tice before going after another OT early in the draft maybe add a Seantrel Henderson or Cameron Fleming in the 4th but I don't think we need a tackle in the 1st 3 rds.

We need one at the 6th pick. And his name is Mathews!

Agreed that we have a lot of bodies at OT already, but with our O-line being so bad, I don't think you can say we couldn't use upgrades at every position. The guys you listed might be able to be adequate at tackle, but if you have the chance to add an OT you can plug in or 10 years to protect your most valuable player, the QB, why not do so? We could have adequate starters with Baker and Holmes/Johnson, but what happens if Baker gets injured? I just don't have faith in Carimi and Schraeder at the moment. Drafting an OT, say Matthews for example, have him learn at RT for this year or two while Holmes has time to develop more, then hopefully have bookend tackles set.

Top of the fourth, and that might take some luck. He won't drop to the bottom.

Don't know much about Fiedorowicz except he's a mid round pick (not sure how early so i just threw out 4th round)

and yes I know drafting an OT sort of contradicts "letting Holmes develop", but I think Holmes may be better off being a backup at the moment while still learning in practice and in the film room before taking over a starting position.

and yes I know drafting an OT sort of contradicts "letting Holmes develop", but I think Holmes may be better off being a backup at the moment while still learning in practice and in the film room before taking over a starting position.

My thing is that Mike Johnson beat out Holmes last season before he got hurt so who's to say that Johnson couldn't be that guy or that Holmes couldn't make that huge jump an become above average. My thing is lets work with what we have let our new OL coach work with these guys to make them better instead of bringing in another guy on top of all the guys we already have. Also who's to say the Robinson/Matthews would be any better? One of them very well could be but they could also bust. Plus I don't want a rookie stepping in to protect our 100M investment.