Over 6 Million Now Enrolled In Private Insurance Through Obamacare.

Fair point. Some part of it has to be demographics...maybe an older population with more people on Medicare, leaving more profitable private insurance customers for companies? I doubt that demographics alone can explain the difference and suspect that it can only explain a small part o the difference. I'm kind of perplexed myself. Haven't had a chance to look into health care policy in Maine, but it's definitely some interesting stuff.

all I found is that Maine didn't set up their own exchange and left it federal, but are apparently a part of some sort of multi-state contract?

it was an article at the website for a Bangor newspaper but it wasn't displaying well on my computer

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is interesting. It's from an online newspaper that is associated with the Heritage Foundation, so it does have a slant (which is obvious from the article), but it also provides some info about a law passed by Republicans in Maine a few years ago:

http://www.themainewire.com/2012/05/individual-health-insurance-rates-set-drop-60-result-maine-health-care-reform/

Apparently they expanded the age band that regulates the difference in premiums that can be offered across age groups:

Screen-Shot-2012-05-15-at-9.41.45-PM.png

This is interesting. It's from an online newspaper that is associated with the Heritage Foundation, so it does have a slant (which is obvious from the article), but it also provides some info about a law passed by Republicans in Maine a few years ago:

http://www.themainew...th-care-reform/

Apparently they expanded the age band that regulates the difference in premiums that can be offered across age groups:

Screen-Shot-2012-05-15-at-9.41.45-PM.png

but Maine didn't make a state exchange....they are using the federal exchange. I wouldn't think that state law would affect things at that level huh.png

Something bothering you Goggle boot,? what is the problem of me being Canadian and commenting on the sad state of your Gov't ?

I wound up on the forums because I have been a Falcon fan for many years , likely longer than you have been alive. I found this section particularly amusing with all of these school kids posting graphs, polls, and other left wing propaganda and boasting how clever they are. They have no practical experience what so ever yet claim to be experts on everything , actually they are quite clueless so the spin goes around and around. It goes like this..... " here's my view" ," here's my proof " ( always someone else's work or view point or article) " I am right you are wrong so fk aff "

When someone actually responds showing an opposing point of view that does not fit with their narrative or makes them look bad then the name calling starts , like "shut your whore mouth " or " I would like to see you dead ". You know something that thin skinned spoiled little children would say.

You should be more worried about these twisted idiots than anything I think or say, I mean this is the new generation, the future of your Country, what is going to happen if these clowns never grow up ? I would say you will be in a lot of trouble , in fact you are already well on the way.

Something bothering you Goggle boot,? what is the problem of me being Canadian and commenting on the sad state of your Gov't ?

I wound up on the forums because I have been a Falcon fan for many years , likely longer than you have been alive. I found this section particularly amusing with all of these school kids posting graphs, polls, and other left wing propaganda and boasting how clever they are. They have no practical experience what so ever yet claim to be experts on everything , actually they are quite clueless so the spin goes around and around. It goes like this..... " here's my view" ," here's my proof " ( always someone else's work or view point or article) " I am right you are wrong so fk aff "

When someone actually responds showing an opposing point of view that does not fit with their narrative or makes them look bad then the name calling starts , like "shut your whore mouth " or " I would like to see you dead ". You know something that thin skinned spoiled little children would say.

You should be more worried about these twisted idiots than anything I think or say, I mean this is the new generation, the future of your Country, what is going to happen if these clowns never grow up ? I would say you will be in a lot of trouble , in fact you are already well on the way.

I'm not reading all that. Can someone just tell me if he said he's going to keep lying about being Canadian or not?