Over 6 Million Now Enrolled In Private Insurance Through Obamacare.

Tahuyachtunes' game is to post vapid, inane sentences in order to bury threads under a mound of his post. IOW, his goal here is not to add to threads nor to engage people in discussions. He's here to ruin threads. Best to ignore him entirely.

^^^^. Not an out of the box thinker.

I have noticed a continuing theme here. It seems as though people here admire ignorance and not acknowledging the truth. It's a combination of an Orwellian and propagandizing mentality. Quite puzzling indeed.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is is language even you guys can understand.

Of course it's going to make the lemmings angry, but.....

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/conncarroll/2014/01/10/obamacare-is-failing-because-the-product-sucks-n1777065

This is why Obamacare hasn't gotten any more popular after HealthCare.gov got fixed. Millions of middle-class Americans have gone online hoping to find a good deal on health care, and instead they have walked away disappointed.

The bottom line: the product Obamacare is selling, purposefully overpriced health insurance designed to indirectly subsidize the poor and sick, is just not a product many Americans want to buy.

Edited by Thecooltune

See what I mean, lostone?

You have no idea what you mean. That's because your words are meaningless. You just blindly, unquestionable sing along with a party line no matter what. No matter how idiotic or illogical it is.

Thecooltune is right.

Edited by Thecooltune

http://www.healthpoc...ts#.U2f1N_ldXZU

kindly explain to me how this insurance does a poor family any good at all even if they pay no premiums

table-bronze-7fc59161e27f30cdf04da16ecd22aca319ede235.png

That's a pretty crappy plan, admittedly. I just entered info for a family of 2 with $25k a year for silver and found several at $1000 a year with much lower out of pockets. In some cases, as low as $1350 a year out of pocket.

Obamacare isn't perfect and it doesn't address some lingering problems out there like total cost of health care in the economy. As a percent of GDP, the US will still be spending more than any advanced industrial democracy over the next 5 years. But it has provided insurance to millions of people and it's shifted millions more from insurance that covers virtually nothing to insurance that will cover them if they get sick. High deductibles and out of pocket is still a major issue.

I'm curious what people think can be done to address those lingering problems. The cost of health care is probably directly related to the high deductibles. But what could we do to seriously bring down the cost of health care?

Good stuff here...

http://www.notbeinggoverned.com/economics-vector-math-obamacare-doomed-failure/

Anyone who has ever taken even the most basic business or economics courses understands that markets tend to push everyone in most every industry to deliver faster, produce cheaper, and have it done right the first time.

Unfortunately, politicians being the economic jackasses that they are, as well as those who believe their rhetoric, seem unusually proud of their stupidity in the belief that politics, legislation, regulation and socialization of health care in America will somehow change the laws of economics and allow health care providers to juggle all three and deliver them to their maximum potential. No one really seems fully aware of the relationship between these three fundamental economic forces.

Edited by Thecooltune

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/11/obamacare_designed_for_failure.html

You must understand, no matter what President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid say, that ObamaCare was designed for failure, not just for itself but all the insurance companies involved. When a poison pill is ingested into the system, the body starts to die, killing off the healthy organs and itself in the process... leaving a void for something far worse to take its place.

Here's further info about another tremendous news cycle for the ACA:

The uninsurance rate continues to drop to record lows, according to polling from Gallup — and it’s declining the fastest among the communities who have historically lacked adequate access to health care. The data suggests that Obamacare is effectively expanding coverage to the people who need it the most.

Among U.S. adults, the uninsurance rate declined to 13.4 percent in April, hitting the lowest rate since Gallup began tracking the monthly data in 2008. The sharp decline in the number of people without insurance coincided with Obamacare’s first open enrollment period between October and April:

gallup-e1399295777288.png

CREDIT: Gallup

Although the uninsurance rate fell across all demographic groups, the researchers noted that it dropped particularly significantly among non-white and lower-income Americans. Those are the groups that were expected to benefit the most from the provisions in the Affordable Care Act, since they’ve traditionally suffered from higher rates of uninsurance. Compared to the fourth quarter of 2013, the uninsurance rate among black adults fell by 7.1 percentage points, the biggest drop among any group. Among Hispanics, the rate is down 5.5 points. And among Americans with an annual household income of less than $36,000, the rate also dropped by 5.5 points.

But the recent gains aren’t being dispersed equally across states. More than 20 GOP-led states continue to resist Obamacare’s optional Medicaid expansion, a move that’s denying health care from millions of the working poor. Refusing to expand Medicaid disproportionately harms low-income people of color. Furthermore, the states resisting Medicaid already had higher uninsurance rates to begin with, and are home to people who tend to be poorer and sicker than the residents in other states.

Unsurprisingly, previous research conducted by Gallup has found that the uninsurance rate is falling the fastest in the states that have embraced Obamacare, including its expansion of Medicaid. Meanwhile, the red states that have refused to lift a finger to further health reform have effectively ensured that residents there don’t know as much about their options under the law.

Here's further info about another tremendous news cycle for the ACA:

The uninsurance rate continues to drop to record lows, according to polling from Gallup — and it’s declining the fastest among the communities who have historically lacked adequate access to health care. The data suggests that Obamacare is effectively expanding coverage to the people who need it the most.

Among U.S. adults, the uninsurance rate declined to 13.4 percent in April, hitting the lowest rate since Gallup began tracking the monthly data in 2008. The sharp decline in the number of people without insurance coincided with Obamacare’s first open enrollment period between October and April:

gallup-e1399295777288.png

CREDIT: Gallup

Although the uninsurance rate fell across all demographic groups, the researchers noted that it dropped particularly significantly among non-white and lower-income Americans. Those are the groups that were expected to benefit the most from the provisions in the Affordable Care Act, since they’ve traditionally suffered from higher rates of uninsurance. Compared to the fourth quarter of 2013, the uninsurance rate among black adults fell by 7.1 percentage points, the biggest drop among any group. Among Hispanics, the rate is down 5.5 points. And among Americans with an annual household income of less than $36,000, the rate also dropped by 5.5 points.

But the recent gains aren’t being dispersed equally across states. More than 20 GOP-led states continue to resist Obamacare’s optional Medicaid expansion, a move that’s denying health care from millions of the working poor. Refusing to expand Medicaid disproportionately harms low-income people of color. Furthermore, the states resisting Medicaid already had higher uninsurance rates to begin with, and are home to people who tend to be poorer and sicker than the residents in other states.

Unsurprisingly, previous research conducted by Gallup has found that the uninsurance rate is falling the fastest in the states that have embraced Obamacare, including its expansion of Medicaid. Meanwhile, the red states that have refused to lift a finger to further health reform have effectively ensured that residents there don’t know as much about their options under the law.

I missed the part in bold when I first read the Gallup results. That's quite a change from the early months of the enrollment period and welcome news.

Jidaddy, I would also be interested in a comparison of states that set up their own exchange but did not expand Medicaid to those that did both. Some of the decline in the states embracing Obamacare is certainly due to the Medicaid exemption, but I'd curious how much of what's going on in these red states are Republican state officials actively trying to keep people from enrolling in the program (like the ridiculous regulations of navigators in Texas, for instance).

Jidaddy, I would also be interested in a comparison of states that set up their own exchange but did not expand Medicaid to those that did both. Some of the decline in the states embracing Obamacare is certainly due to the Medicaid exemption, but I'd curious how much of what's going on in these red states are Republican state officials actively trying to keep people from enrolling in the program (like the ridiculous regulations of navigators in Texas, for instance).

Anecdotally in Tennessee, I know from phone calls with Democratic Party organizers that they have a waiting list of people who have asked to be notified as soon as the Medicaid issue is resolved. Sadly, many of them are Republicans who will blindly vote red without realizing how much doing so works against their own best interests.

Tahuyachtunes is an angry drunk, y'all.

Thecooltune has noticed that the further to the left one leans, the angrier they become by their notions being challenged. Then the angrier they become, the more they accuse the challenger of being angry. It's a very odd concept, but they think it's rational.

Then when their accusation doesn't get the angry response they were looking for, they morph into the other staple in their arsenal, the accusation of racism. Then when that doesn't work, they make stuff up that one supposedly said, or claim the target of their ire said things they never said. And when that doesn't work, they claim someone changed their moniker and then attribute all distasteful comments to that mythical person.

Yeah, I didn't use the right word there. I think it would be glorious if you fell to death, and would pay good money to have the opportunity to push you off myself you miserable ****.

See what I mean about the anger issues suffered by the loonier people here? These people wish death upon those who don't see eye to eye with them.

I can see why this guy is so angry. It must be exceptionally stressful and frustrating going through life being ridiculed and rejected at ever turn.

That's a pretty crappy plan, admittedly. I just entered info for a family of 2 with $25k a year for silver and found several at $1000 a year with much lower out of pockets. In some cases, as low as $1350 a year out of pocket.

Obamacare isn't perfect and it doesn't address some lingering problems out there like total cost of health care in the economy. As a percent of GDP, the US will still be spending more than any advanced industrial democracy over the next 5 years. But it has provided insurance to millions of people and it's shifted millions more from insurance that covers virtually nothing to insurance that will cover them if they get sick. High deductibles and out of pocket is still a major issue.

I'm curious what people think can be done to address those lingering problems. The cost of health care is probably directly related to the high deductibles. But what could we do to seriously bring down the cost of health care?

You were either sober or totally in the ditch when you wrote this...excellent