I Can't Stand The Clowney Ignorance...

RYNE

1 year ago people were having mild strokes talking about Clowney. Myself included. Then we have an awful season and actually have a prime chance at this guy and all of a sudden no one is interested?

Many of you say you want a player with scheme versatility. That is why a lot of you think Mack should be the pick.

So you are saying you want Mack at a 4-3 end for half the game?

If you want scheme versatility how is Clowney not the ideal fit. This guy is 1 inch taller and 6 lbs heavier than Demarcus Ware. He is faster than Ware. Ware does edge him in strength however. Ware was a college DE who converted into one of the best OLB's in NFL history. If any player has a shot to succeed In the transition from DE to OLB it is Clowney.

"Oh well he has an attitude" yeah so did Julius Peppers and I think he turned out ok.

To me this is a no brainer. If you can move up for Clowney you do it. Luckily for me, and the long term success of team the AMFB majority isn't making the pick.

I am confident that TD and company will select Clowney over anyone else should we move up to the #2 spot in the draft. Mark my words

Edited by RYNE

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Were a 3-4 there's no way they give soliai and jackson(3-4 players) that kind of money to play in a 4-3.

We don't even have a 3 tec which is very key to a 4-3 defense babs has played that role but clearly plays better as a 3-4 DE.

And yes Mack would easily be a better player day one it really isnt even a debate he head and shoulders better.

The thing that ways me to clowney is he more talented and about 3 years younger and has the size to switch back to DE in a 4-3 defense if we went in that direction (new coach might cause that) but clowney also has the size to play not only OLB but could play DE in a 3-4 and DE in a 4-3 maybe even slide inside if he had to in a 4-3.

Clowney has never played OLB in a 3-4 so it will be an adjustment for him so Mack should easily be better day one **** Barr likely would be better as he played OLB and could play the Sam as well but I'd still take clowney and his upside even if he struggle a little to adjust.

Edited by THE ICEMAN

Were a 3-4 there's no way they give soliai and jackson(3-4 players) that kind of money to play in a 4-3.

We don't even have a 3 tec which is very key to a 4-3 defense babs has played that role but clearly plays better as a 3-4 DE.

And yes Mack would easily be a better player day one it really isnt even a debate he head and shoulders better.

The thing that ways me to clowney is he more talented and about 3 years younger and has the size to switch back to DE in a 4-3 defense if we went in that direction (new coach might cause that) but clowney also has the size to play not only OLB but could play DE in a 3-4 and DE in a 4-3 maybe even slide inside if he had to in a 4-3.

Clowney has never played OLB in a 3-4 so it will be an adjustment for him so Mack should easily be better day one **** Barr likely would be better as he played OLB and could play the Sam as well but I'd still take clowney and his upside even if he struggle a little to adjust.

Mike Smith, Nolan, everyone has said... nothing has changed. We are a hybrid team. We just added some pieces for 3-4 looks.

I agree that it would probably be for Clowney if the Falcons were to move up to #2

I would not rule out a trade up for Mack though if Clowney is gone.

I think if they got to pick from either two it would be Clowney but don't make the mistake that Mack wouldn't be worth the move because he would if clowney went 1 and we moved up to 2

Point Blank ..Clowney can be a beast ... The problem is the hype on Clowney was so sick that now some are looking at the tape... They see that he is some what raw (got by on mostly his top notch physical ability) and tat at time he didnt play gap discipline vs the run and that allowed run plays on his side (Why merril hoge question his football instincts)

Listen.. The guy is 21 years old.... The fact that he is this talented and still have upside is sick ..... I think Clowney can be a Peppers type player

Panthers GM

"What frustrates people sometimes is you don't necessarily see it play in and play out, but it's very rare to find players of that ability that can make game-changing plays like he can," said the former Carolina Panthers general manager. "What is being said about Clowney was being said exactly about Julius Peppers. ... We had two months knowing we were on the clock. The question was, does Julius Peppers play with the motor, does he have the energy?"

Also to hear Charlie Casserly who draft Mario Williams say that after watching tape he thinks Clowney is the better prospect coming out .

I think Clowney will be a very very good player... The guy is 21.. He cant be a finished product.

I like Mack (started the bandwagon) and i think Barr has the ability and the highest upside but Clowney is my first opinion.. He can be a complete top notch DE

I haven't changed my mind about Clowney, even with the people trying to pick holes on the guy. He is a no brainer if he drops to #6. My only concern about trading up is losing picks, perhaps significant ones depending on where we would trade up. I get that he's worth a trade up, but in such a deep draft, with the depth/ holes we have and with the guys who should be available at #6, it's a tougher call for me personally.

But I'm with you on not understanding the negativity towards him.

Point Blank ..Clowney can be a beast ... The problem is the hype on Clowney was so sick that now some are looking at the tape... They see that he is some what raw (got by on mostly his top notch physical ability) and tat at time he didnt play gap discipline vs the run and that allowed run plays on his side (Why merril hoge question his football instincts)

Listen.. The guy is 21 years old.... The fact that he is this talented and still have upside is sick ..... I think Clowney can be a Peppers type player

Panthers GM

I think Clowney will be a very very good player... The guy is 21.. He cant be a finished product

Agree. He is only going to get better. There is nothing on the field this guy can't do. Wait till NFL coaches get ahold of him.

I haven't changed my mind about Clowney, even with the people trying to pick holes on the guy. He is a no brainer if he drops to #6. My only concern about trading up is losing picks, perhaps significant ones depending on where we would trade up. I get that he's worth a trade up, but in such a deep draft, with the depth/ holes we have and with the guys who should be available at #6, it's a tougher call for me personally.

But I'm with you on not understanding the negativity towards him.

People trying to downplay him is mind blowing to me.

As long as we keep our second rounder... I move up

Mike Smith, Nolan, everyone has said... nothing has changed. We are a hybrid team. We just added some pieces for 3-4 looks.

Hybrid means we adjust to what works and seeing we have mostly 3-4 players now it will be a 3-4.

Our best players right now are our LBs hands down they will excell in a 3-4 vs a 4-3. Plus it allows them to also keep Kroy out there at the Sam it just gives nolan so much more lean way in what he can scheme and do.

I mean I'd you want to keep believe that 4-3 crap go ahead but Jackson and Soliai even peters are far more effective in a 3-4

I think before last season before we had 4 rookies playing of defense we played a lot more 3-4 even without the personnel now that he has it I see at least 75% 3-4 base.

Only way we don't is if we play a super run heavy team that can't throw it then we'll run 3 300lbers out there and osi/kroy/draft pick at end. And that's also why Mack may be a better fit as well he can play LBer in either 3-4 or 4-3 which would still allow them to use osi and kroy on the DL in 4-3 looks.

Clowney has no HEART and no competitive spark. You can't teach that. Good Coaches realize a slacker and take a pass. If a guy jogs on the field in the middle of a play, your not going to teach him ANYTHING, PASS!! When you throw your own teammates under the bus ... PASS!! When your own coach says your work ethic is "OK", PASS!! do you choose to ignore that? On top of everything else, he loses 10lbs of FAT to get a good 40 time, so that means he played the season with 10lbs of fat PASS!! If TD picks Clowney, I'll lose ALL respect for him, its that simple and if we trade up for him, all I would do is laugh. Seriously.

Clowney has no HEART and no competitive spark. You can't teach that. Good Coaches realize a slacker and take a pass. If a guy jogs on the field in the middle of a play, your not going to teach him ANYTHING. When your own coach says your work ethic is "OK", do you choose to ignore that? On top of everything else, he loses 10lbs of FAT to get a good 40 time. If TD picks Clowney, I'll lose ALL respect for him, its that simple and if we trade up for him, all I would do is laugh. Seriously.

Oh my god. You know him personally? You know what makes him tick ?

Clowney has no HEART and no competitive spark. You can't teach that. Good Coaches realize a slacker and take a pass. If a guy jogs on the field in the middle of a play, your not going to teach him ANYTHING. When your own coach says your work ethic is "OK", do you choose to ignore that? On top of everything else, he loses 10lbs of FAT to get a good 40 time. If TD picks Clowney, I'll lose ALL respect for him, its that simple and if we trade up for him, all I would do is laugh. Seriously.

You also can't teach talent as well

Marvin Harrison didn't seem like he was that into the games or was extremely competitive

But when he line up he was one of the best all time

You don't need to be the most competitive or have a work ethic for the ages to be good it just doesn't hurt to have that trait.

I don't know what Clowney is going to do in the pros, but people need to stop comparing him to Peppers. Peppers absolutely beasted his last year in college.

You need to talk to the dude who drafted Pep... He is making the comparison

Also College Coaches that coached against both compared the 2

I get your point tho

Oh my god. You know him personally? You know what makes him tick ?

Do you? Apparently your opinion is the only one that counts. How long have you and Clowney been hanging out? Did you have to comfort him after he was shutout almost every game last year?

I am a Clowney fan. However MY main concern with him is can he drop into coverage? I know Mack can and one reason I am ok with that pick if it happens. Either way i support the team so when the decision is made I will live with it even if it is Matthews which i hope not.