Manziel Is Dazzling 'em At His Pro Day Workout

Bring It

I think we see a pattern with Maziel. Guys who are old school.....they don't like him. The younger people in the league and in the media are more inclined to appreciate his brashness.

Which Super Bowl winning QB exhibits his same kind of "new school" brashness?

The guy at best is a rich man's Tony Romo. That's pretty good. And that'd even win some games and sell some seats. But can it win a Super Bowl?

I might argue whether you like him or not just depends on why you think people play the game.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy at best is a rich man's Tony Romo. That's pretty good. And that'd even win some games and sell some seats. But can it win a Super Bowl?

I might argue whether you like him or not just depends on why you think people play the game.

Aaron Rodgers.

People constantly bring up what will happen with Clowney when he gets a fat contract. What's going to happen with this guy and all of his 'brashness' when he gets one? Why is that never brought up??

Because he grew up a millionaire.

He is one TENACIOUS dude.

I just think he has the most playmaking ability and the highest ceiling if he pans out. He wouln't be the first QB to beat on his chest off the field and he isn't the only human being who wanted to have fun in college. if those are your only question marks besides can he consistently play in the pocket, then you really only have one question mark.

Aaron Rodgers.

Not a terrible answer, but Manziel makes Rodgers look as humble as the Pope. Not to mention, Rodgers has a lot fewer off-the-field distractions. Rodgers' biggest off-the-field distraction, apparently, is trying to convince people that he "really, really likes women."

I doubt Manziel needs much help convincing people he likes women. But I mean, who doesn't like women? (Gay dudes.)

If you could guarantee that Manziel would be at least Tony Romo's equivalent, he'd go #1 without question.

Romo is who he reminds me most of....but honestly, I don't think he's as consistent a decision maker as Romo.

If you could guarantee that Manziel would be at least Tony Romo's equivalent, he'd go #1 without question.

Romo is who he reminds me most of....but honestly, I don't think he's as consistent a decision maker as Romo.

Honestly, I don't think I am kidding, if Manziel manages to stay in the League and out of jail I'm going to be a little surprised

Seems very cocky to me, like somebody that will throw his status around once obtained. I can easily see stardom going to his head and being the majority of his focus instead of football.

really? you can probably name every other QB in the nfl, past and present and say they are cocky in some form or fashion, it doesnt have to be the same 'style'. Brady, Brees, Joe Namath, Steve Young, Ken Stabler, Bradshaw. Etc

I think the Romo comparison is spot on. My issue with Manziel is like Romo he doesn't have the balance between wanting to win and living to fight another day.

Peyton I watched 4 Manziel games last night to get a better feel for him....watched the Duke game, Bama (for the 3rd time), Vandy and LSU from this year.

His ceiling is the Vandy game. Aside from one bad decision, he looked every bit like a good (or better) NFL QB. Very impressive performance.

The LSU game was AWFUL. One of the worst games I've seen a QB play. And it came against a team closer to what he'll see on Sundays.

Unless he completely rebuilds integral parts of his game, I don't see how he's not a high turnover erratic guy.

I'm going to keep watching some more this weekend but that LSU game is going to stick with me.

There is one huge difference. Romo fears the big moment. Manziel lives for it.

He is already being backed by Nike and Mickey Ds . He parties He is a 21 year old kid that will still go out but unless it effects his play on field or he gets DUI or is arrested no one should really worry

The tangents that you'd go on if you found out that Ryan was out partying instead of focusing on football would be hilarious to watch.

One thing is for SURE...............IF Houston picks Johnny at No.1, for 2014 two things happen immediately :

1) The Texans sell a whole bunch of NEW season tickets..............like TONS more.

2) They also steal the "Limelight" from Jerry Jones and his bumbling Cowboys in the Lone Star State. The TEXANS will be the "New Kid in Town".............BIG TIME.

Peyton I watched 4 Manziel games last night to get a better feel for him....watched the Duke game, Bama (for the 3rd time), Vandy and LSU from this year.

His ceiling is the Vandy game. Aside from one bad decision, he looked every bit like a good (or better) NFL QB. Very impressive performance.

The LSU game was AWFUL. One of the worst games I've seen a QB play. And it came against a team closer to what he'll see on Sundays.

Unless he completely rebuilds integral parts of his game, I don't see how he's not a high turnover erratic guy.

I'm going to keep watching some more this weekend but that LSU game is going to stick with me.

I think you are overanalyzing just a bit. If you did the same thing you are doing to any college QB, you would come out of it thinking they were going to be a turnover machine.

You certainly would not have drafted Matt Ryan.