Falcons Not Running A 3-4 Defense

So....if we are running a 4-3,

Falcons | Not going to 3-4

Thu, 27 Mar 2014 06:33:15 -0700

Atlanta Falcons head coach Mike Smith confirmed the team is not switching to a 3-4 defense in 2014.

Comment | Source: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution - D. Orlando Ledbetter | Share: - See more at: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?all=1#sthash.EY2T2MNP.dpuf

here's are your starters at this very moment.

DE's - Osi, Jackson

DT's - Solai, Babs

LB's - Spoon, Worrillow, Biermann

CB's - Alford, Tru

Safeties - Motta, Moore

Needless to say, I'd be surprised if Motta was our starting safety come season opener.

This leads me to believe that

1) At #6, we are gonna take either Robinson or Matthews if available.

2) If not available will consider Mack or Barr

But....if they luck up and get Clowney, then either Osi, Biermann or both will get cut. as well as Cliff Matthews

However, we only have 4 LB's on the roster right now (if you count Biermann as LB then 5)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know what its going to take to show people that we are running a hybrid which means both 4-3 and 3-4. its really not that hard to comprehend.

Our D will have looks of both 3-4 and 4-3 depending on situations and adjustments.

Atlanta Falcons head coach Mike Smith confirmed the team is not switching to a 3-4 defense in 2014.

Comment | Source: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution - D. Orlando Ledbetter | Share: - See more at: http://www.kffl.com/...h.EY2T2MNP.dpuf

Consider the source.

Comment | Source: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution - D. Orlando Ledbetter | Share: - See more at: http://www.kffl.com/...h.EY2T2MNP.dpuf

here's are your starters at this very moment.

DE's - Osi, Jackson

DT's - Solai, Babs

LB's - Spoon, Worrillow, Biermann

CB's - Alford, Tru

Safeties - Motta, Moore

Needless to say, I'd be surprised if Motta was our starting safety come season opener.

This leads me to believe that

1) At #6, we are gonna take either Robinson or Matthews if available.

2) If not available will consider Mack or Barr

But....if they luck up and get Clowney, then either Osi, Biermann or both will get cut. as well as Cliff Matthews

However, we only have 4 LB's on the roster right now (if you count Biermann as LB then 5)

Where there is smoke...there is fire.

Soliai = Smoke

Jackson = Smoke

Visits with Multiple linebackers in draft = Smoke

Vaughn Miller (you know, the good Falcons reporter, as opposed to D-Led) referencing the Falcons switch to mostly a 3-4 in his NFL nation video this week = Smoke

Not saying we are a full time base 3-4, but we will be in a 3-4 more than a 4-3 next year, if you are actually reading the tea leaves in front of you.

I Know D Led is irritating and everything...but are people suggesting that he got a DIRECT quote from Smitty wrong?

I mean there isn't any quotations, but if Smith SAID that to him...are we saying he's THAT incompetent, or he's a liar?

Well given his track record....... no need to say more.

I think keeping Osi shows that we are gonna run both. I don't see where he fits at all in 3-4. We aren't gonna be one or the other only. If we take the clown in the draft, I think we will know for sure we will be a true hybrid D. It's pretty smart actually in my opinion, game plan for a certain team, figure out which base would probably work best, and play the guys who fit that scheme. I mean, most teams do this. It's good to have players that work for either/or.

Edited by blackredfellow

Ok, but lts do two things for this discussion

1) We take this quote as the gossip truth.

2) Understand that we will run a hybrid type defense.

I'll also assume we paid Jackson and Solai to be starters and on the field most of the time..

Biermann would have to play linebacker since we have more then enough DE's on the roster already.

We we get Clowney, somebody's getting cut.

But if we don't the best fit for our current roster would be OT or LB.........and we still need to find a safety somewhere.

Led better is such an idiot. Isn't he the same guy who posted an article a couple weeks ago saying ''The Falcons played with 34 looks last season'' then posted a picture of us in a 43 under? Now he is saying ''We aren't a 34 tesm'' what a dumbass

Our 4-3 alignment is very similar to our 3-4 alignment

Base4-3_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=432&q=85

4-3 under

vs

3-4

3-4-basedalignment_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=433&q=85