Clowney

Dusty

There has been SOOOOOooooo much haterade spit at this young man that I now see him as an underdog in terms of being a success in the league.

Even if he just becomes a journeyman player and lasts for 10 years, he will be considered a failure. That's harsh.

So, in that, I hope the team that signed Brian Banks take a shot at Clowney. If they don't, I hope whatever team gets him end up with one of the most dominant defensive players in football history. Just for his sake and just to see how many people backpeddal.

Chuuuch.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People just need to watch full games.

There is a reason most decent media scouts say he should go #1 overall

I skipped around a little bit, and wasn't really seeing what all the hate was about. He gets pressure like a mofo and forced early throws and interceptions all day. I watched the Clemson game toward the end, some of the E Carolina game, and some of the Florida game toward the end.

edit: Wait, none of these are from this past season, are they?

Edited by Mr. Lubba Lubba©

I skipped around a little bit, and wasn't really seeing what all the hate was about. He gets pressure like a mofo and forced early throws and interceptions all day. I watched the Clemson game toward the end, some of the E Carolina game, and some of the Florida game toward the end.

edit: Wait, none of these are from this past season, are they?

Agreed teams also rarely run his way

Not against drafting him at 6 but definetely wouldn't want the team to trade picks for a player that can be completely phased out of a game. Every single South Carolina game I actually watched, he was a none factor. Offensive gameplan went away from him. Pressure here and there but nothing that makes you say hey I want my favorite nfl team to trade up for this guy.

Plus it helps your argument if you DONT post a video from 2011

Not against drafting him at 6 but definetely wouldn't want the team to trade picks for a player that can be completely phased out of a game. Every single South Carolina game I actually watched, he was a none factor. Offensive gameplan went away from him. Pressure here and there but nothing that makes you say hey I want my favorite nfl team to trade up for this guy.

Plus it helps your argument if you DONT post a video from 2011

There was a reason QBs didn't throw toward prime time's side of the field much the same way teams didn't run plays toward Clowney. When you are dominant & the best at what you do, it makes no sense for teams to tempt fate. He wasn't phased out of games, but rather his presence on the field dictated what offenses should(not) do...which was come his way.

There was a reason QBs didn't throw toward prime time's side of the field much the same way teams didn't run plays toward Clowney. When you are dominant & the best at what you do, it makes no sense for teams to tempt fate. He wasn't phased out of games, but rather his presence on the field dictated what offenses should(not) do...which was come his way.

if you are game planned around and you are not having a real impact on the outcome on the game, you're pretty much phased out of the game. Call it what ya want but he was phased out.

Regardless of his immediate impact he's still causing offensive coordinators to call less plays from their playbook, and just completely changes how they think about the plan. Just because he isn't making the tackle doesn't mean he didn't ha e an impact on the play.

it doesn't cause offensive coordinators to call less plays at all. It causes them to go the opposite direction of said player only to wear that player down and then attack him later in the game. I don't recall saying anything about not making a tackle affecting the play. All I said was it wouldn't be good to trade valuable picks for a player that can be phased out of a game. **** for all I know, tackles in the nfl will be able to handle him 1 on 1. I'm just making assumptions based on what I witnessed this past season when he was game planned around.

Revis hardly got tested for a good stretch of seasons, does that mean he was simply schemed out?

how successful were the teams that he's been apart of. It helped the jets because they had someone just as good on the other side. But in the end, I only remember 3 playoff appearances due to a deadly front 7. It sure wasn't because of him. I'm sure you would say different

You want to make your opponent one dimensional or force their hand toward doing things outside their comfort zone. Clowney did that for USC. They were a dominant defensive unit all season long. If you remove Clowney, I'm not sure I could say that. He makes others around him better... Just like prime, Revis, Sherman, Sapp, JJ Watts, etc... I want that on my team in a bad way!

If you are only going to call plays that go to the right side of the formation, you are lessening the plays the coordinator can call.

actually it doesn't. You ever heard of just simply changing the direction of the play that is in the game plan. Not to mention they practice what they will do so I'm sure they won't have much trouble making that happen. Of course they won't go away from him every play but if he is as dominant as you folks make him out to be, he shouldn't have a problem with finding success

You want to make your opponent one dimensional or force their hand toward doing things outside their comfort zone. Clowney did that for USC. They were a dominant defensive unit all season long. If you remove Clowney, I'm not sure I could say that. He makes others around him better... Just like prime, Revis, Sherman, Sapp, JJ Watts, etc... I want that on my team in a bad way!

unless our 2 new faces on the line can make everyone else better, making a team one dimensional still wouldn't help our defense. Sorry but it's true

you guys watching the same film i did.. i saw tons of run to his side, they ran right where he was standing, but he had been pushed wide...but that's what you do to a player like Clowny, you have to run at him and hope he takes his self out of the play, you can't run away from him..he'll just run the play down from the back...i have no problem with the Falcons taking him, i just hope they don't give away draft picks to move up and get him...if he falls he falls, if he doesn't take someone else