Lornoth's Deluxe Draft Day Mock!

Lornoth

I like it other than the two TE's instead of using 1 of those picks on a RB. There are a ton of very good mid round RB's.

I also think its a long shot to get Richardson that late, but obviously it would be very good value if he were there.

I feel like if we address other needs this year, we can get an RB in the 1'st or 2'nd next year, instead of settling for a mid-rounder this year. SJax is a good starter with Quizz backing him up for this year, i just think we need other positions more.

As for Cyril, yeah i realize he'd have to drop a bit to be picked up there, but he has been slowly dropping for a while now. Questionable love for the game can really make some teams steer clear of you. I think we can hammer any of that out of him but i could see him dropping the half-round it would take from where he's projected. *Fingers crossed*

Huzzah, I have returned. I made a full offseason mock earlier but figured i'd throw my hat back into the ring one more time now that FA is all but over and our comp picks have been announced. Ready?

-#6, OLB Khalil Mack

I honestly do feel Mack will naturally fall to us, I can easily see Bortles to texas, one of the OT's to the Rams, Clowney to Jags, another QB to Browns, and either Watkins, someone trading up for him, or the other OT to the Raiders.

Mack gives us that defensive playmaker we've been screaming for since before TD and Co. arrived. He'll stop those 15 second plays where the opposing team converts on 3'rd and 52 by finally letting us get to the QB. He'll play a good role in Nolan's hybrid.

-#37, OT Morgan Moses

Moses will immediately step into our starting RT role and complete our year 1 overhaul of our starting O-linemen. He's widely considered the best RT in the draft and should be able to solidify that position for years to come.

He's strong while maintaining quickness, and the only real knock on him is he needs to refine his technique a bit more, but who doesn't?

-#68, FS Terrence Brooks/Ed Reynolds

And our third starter in as many rounds, Terrence Brooks is an ideal fit for our new FS. He's played CB, LB, and FS, making him ideal for Nolan's ever-changing schemes. His LB background lets him play physically and make hard tackles, while his CB playing past lets him be solid in coverage, as all FS' should be. Questionable hands is the biggest negative critics have of him.

The only problem? He may not make it to our 3'rd. I'm a little skeptical he doesn't get picked off in the mid-2'nd, but i can't find how to trade up for him.

So if he's gone, Ed Reynolds is next man up. He reminds me a lot of Moore, in not all the good ways; Hits hard but sometimes goes for rocket tackles and misses, also leading with his helmet and drawing penalties. That being said he's 'Excellent' with the angles he takes and 'understands his role as the last line of defense'.

-#103, TE C.J. Fiedorowicz

Recently noted as going to be working out for us, he's a good balance of Blocking and Receiving. He's a great mid round pickup and should help solidify our 1-man TE group, giving our O-Line some help in the running game while he's at it

-#139, OG Cyril Richardson

This was a hard pick, and to be honest i'm not sure Cyril will make it to our 5'th pick, but i still like him as a pick for us and would love it if his stock continues to fall and he drops right into our laps. Once regarded as one of the best OG's in the draft, his lackluster Seniorbowl showing, as well as some questions about his motivation (much the same as the questions about Clowney) forced him to fall down to the 4'th round on most mocks.

I still like him to come in and sit behind Blalock, and see if he can one day become his successor.

-#147, TE Crockett Gillmore

Yes i know, two TE's? Well we only have 1 (Unless you count Harris) so we need two just to run all our formations on offense. Gillmore has been my favourite for a TE for quite some time, he's described as a 'Nasty' blocker and enjoys pushing people onto the ground in run blocking. That being said he's more than a serviceable receiver, and should be a nice addition to battle it out with Fiedorowicz and Lolo to see where on the depth chart they settle.

-#182, FB J.C. Copeland

I don't think I need to say much about Copeland, he's on pretty much everybody's mock and he has been for a while. He's the best FB in the draft (Imo) and will come in and battle with Dimarco to see who can help open up holes for SJax the best.

-#220, OLB Tyler Starr

Starr impressed the crap out of me at the combine's position drills (Best LB in both the 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone drill as well). I like the kid a lot and think we should definitely throw our 7'th at him if he's still there. He was a possible UDFA before the combine, since he's started creeping up and i'm just hoping not too far. I think he could be good depth for us and maybe develop into more. If not, we only lost a 7'th.

As for our final two comp's i'm really not sure whom i'd pick. Suggestions would be appreciated as i'm not very learned about players that would go this late.

So, What say you guys? Good? Horrible? Opinions welcomed, if you've made it this far. This is my last attempt for the year at figuring out how to fix this team so if this sucks i give up. hahah

If you don't know whom these players are, here's some draft profiles from CBS sports.

Moses-

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664226/morgan-moses

Brooks-

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737623/terrence-brooks

Reynolds-

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1759757/ed-reynolds

Fiedorowicz-

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737104/cj-fiedorowicz

Richardson-

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1665130/cyril-richardson

Gillmore-

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1785885/crockett-gillmore

Copeland-

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737768/jc-copeland

With the 2 comp picks I think Max Bullough MLB from Michigan State and also Jeremy Gallon or the best WR available!Id like to note that we only got 4 WRs on the roster (Jones,White,Douglas,Hester) and Johnson is still a practice squad member with everyone healthy...

Edited by dirtybird#11

With the 2 comp picks I think Max Bullough MLB from Michigan State and also Jeremy Gallon or the best WR available!Id like to note that we only got 4 WRs on the roster (Jones,White,Douglas,Hester) and Johnson is still a practice squad member with everyone healthy...

Drew Davis and johnson is no where near a PS squad player

I have to say I love this mock draft (including the TE's). Obviously I love Mack. Moses will be our starting RT for as long as needed and will be able to move over to LT once its feasable to cut Backer. Either pick at safety are great. Those two TE's are homeruns IMO. Finally I love the Copeland pick late in the draft. I would be absolutly thrilled with this draft

A+++++++++

Edited by markdzul

Love TE C. Gilmore, love you notice C. Richardson may still be a player. He fell after A. Donald kept going around him in S. Bowl practices but he just had a bad week, you know at 325 lbs. he was an All Conference tackle at first then they moved him to OG. I just feel he is going to be a good Pro and JC Copeland I feel will be one of the Falcons most important picks I just hope they understand what he can do for us and can make ALL PPO!!!

Lolo is the only TE on our roster right now. Drafting one in the 4'th isn't giving up on him, it's just filling out the roster and giving him some competition.

funny i see adam nissely, mickey shuler and andrew szczerba as well as toilolo. don t think we will be doubling up at TE.

Huzzah, I have returned. I made a full offseason mock earlier but figured i'd throw my hat back into the ring one more time now that FA is all but over and our comp picks have been announced. Ready?

-#6, OLB Khalil Mack

I honestly do feel Mack will naturally fall to us, I can easily see Bortles to texas, one of the OT's to the Rams, Clowney to Jags, another QB to Browns, and either Watkins, someone trading up for him, or the other OT to the Raiders.

Mack gives us that defensive playmaker we've been screaming for since before TD and Co. arrived. He'll stop those 15 second plays where the opposing team converts on 3'rd and 52 by finally letting us get to the QB. He'll play a good role in Nolan's hybrid.

-#37, OT Morgan Moses

Moses will immediately step into our starting RT role and complete our year 1 overhaul of our starting O-linemen. He's widely considered the best RT in the draft and should be able to solidify that position for years to come.

He's strong while maintaining quickness, and the only real knock on him is he needs to refine his technique a bit more, but who doesn't?

-#68, FS Terrence Brooks/Ed Reynolds

And our third starter in as many rounds, Terrence Brooks is an ideal fit for our new FS. He's played CB, LB, and FS, making him ideal for Nolan's ever-changing schemes. His LB background lets him play physically and make hard tackles, while his CB playing past lets him be solid in coverage, as all FS' should be. Questionable hands is the biggest negative critics have of him.

The only problem? He may not make it to our 3'rd. I'm a little skeptical he doesn't get picked off in the mid-2'nd, but i can't find how to trade up for him.

So if he's gone, Ed Reynolds is next man up. He reminds me a lot of Moore, in not all the good ways; Hits hard but sometimes goes for rocket tackles and misses, also leading with his helmet and drawing penalties. That being said he's 'Excellent' with the angles he takes and 'understands his role as the last line of defense'.

-#103, TE C.J. Fiedorowicz

Recently noted as going to be working out for us, he's a good balance of Blocking and Receiving. He's a great mid round pickup and should help solidify our 1-man TE group, giving our O-Line some help in the running game while he's at it

-#139, OG Cyril Richardson

This was a hard pick, and to be honest i'm not sure Cyril will make it to our 5'th pick, but i still like him as a pick for us and would love it if his stock continues to fall and he drops right into our laps. Once regarded as one of the best OG's in the draft, his lackluster Seniorbowl showing, as well as some questions about his motivation (much the same as the questions about Clowney) forced him to fall down to the 4'th round on most mocks.

I still like him to come in and sit behind Blalock, and see if he can one day become his successor.

-#147, TE Crockett Gillmore

Yes i know, two TE's? Well we only have 1 (Unless you count Harris) so we need two just to run all our formations on offense. Gillmore has been my favourite for a TE for quite some time, he's described as a 'Nasty' blocker and enjoys pushing people onto the ground in run blocking. That being said he's more than a serviceable receiver, and should be a nice addition to battle it out with Fiedorowicz and Lolo to see where on the depth chart they settle.

-#182, FB J.C. Copeland

I don't think I need to say much about Copeland, he's on pretty much everybody's mock and he has been for a while. He's the best FB in the draft (Imo) and will come in and battle with Dimarco to see who can help open up holes for SJax the best.

-#220, OLB Tyler Starr

Starr impressed the crap out of me at the combine's position drills (Best LB in both the 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone drill as well). I like the kid a lot and think we should definitely throw our 7'th at him if he's still there. He was a possible UDFA before the combine, since he's started creeping up and i'm just hoping not too far. I think he could be good depth for us and maybe develop into more. If not, we only lost a 7'th.

As for our final two comp's i'm really not sure whom i'd pick. Suggestions would be appreciated as i'm not very learned about players that would go this late.

So, What say you guys? Good? Horrible? Opinions welcomed, if you've made it this far. This is my last attempt for the year at figuring out how to fix this team so if this sucks i give up. hahah

If you don't know whom these players are, here's some draft profiles from CBS sports.

Moses-

http://www.cbssports...26/morgan-moses

Brooks-

http://www.cbssports...terrence-brooks

Reynolds-

http://www.cbssports...757/ed-reynolds

Fiedorowicz-

http://www.cbssports.../cj-fiedorowicz

Richardson-

http://www.cbssports...yril-richardson

Gillmore-

http://www.cbssports...ockett-gillmore

Copeland-

http://www.cbssports...768/jc-copeland

Not bad I just kind of think guys like moses or CJ could rise in the draft

I really don't care who we take as long as our 1st pick is Mack/Clowney or Watkins there the 3 best players in the draft and sure day 1 impact players

funny i see adam nissely, mickey shuler and andrew szczerba as well as toilolo. don t think we will be doubling up at TE.

I seem to remember none of them making the team last year, you really feel confident with any of those three playing?

When I saw "deluxe" I thought "cleavage" sad.png but I could live with this mock smile.png

Sorry to disappoint mate. I'll include some next year.

Bro, I like. The only comment is I'd like to add another NT instead of 2 TEs. Great job

I did want to add an NT, but i wasn't sure where i would get one from. McCullers is the only NT out of the 1'st that i know much about and even he's slotted to go too high for my liking. So that may very well just be lack of knowledge on my part.