I Am Comcast/xfinity Free And Loving It!

HolyMoses

I had a billing problem with Comcast, and trying to reach a resolution was painful and insulting. So I fired them. Now I have ATT WIFI, and no cable at all. I certainly don't need, or even want to be watching more TV than am now:

My family is in two households, one in Dunwoody and one in Nashville. We have full cable in Nashville, so I will be able to access sports through our comcast account on my computer, which I can cast to my TV with the Google ChromeCast. ($40 to own.) We also already have Netflix, so right now I am watching "The Summit" in HD on my TV using Netflix and Chrome Cast.

I also bought a HD Antennae for about 30 bucks, which gives me access to most of the sports that I want to watch in HD on my TV.

I watch "The Daily Show" on my laptop a day late, which works out fine and I don't have to stay up to watch it.

So things are working out pretty well. I will miss having a DVR for sports, but I won't miss getting massively hozed by Comcast anymore.

Anyone else living cable free? I'm digging it so far . . .

Guest fibonacci

Why would you want to? That is a god awful network.

for Thursday night football.

And i did enjoy dynasty week of steelers and patriots

I fired AT&T this past January...

I was with them for years, but the service was getting to be absolute crap.

I've went to Comcast and the internet speed blows AT&T out the water.

I'm a huge online gamer and I could kick myself for not changing sooner.

I may hate TWC... But I need 15mbps .... It is a requirement.

I had a billing problem with Comcast, and trying to reach a resolution was painful and insulting. So I fired them. Now I have ATT WIFI, and no cable at all. I certainly don't need, or even want to be watching more TV than am now:

My family is in two households, one in Dunwoody and one in Nashville. We have full cable in Nashville, so I will be able to access sports through our comcast account on my computer, which I can cast to my TV with the Google ChromeCast. ($40 to own.) We also already have Netflix, so right now I am watching "The Summit" in HD on my TV using Netflix and Chrome Cast.

I also bought a HD Antennae for about 30 bucks, which gives me access to most of the sports that I want to watch in HD on my TV.

I watch "The Daily Show" on my laptop a day late, which works out fine and I don't have to stay up to watch it.

So things are working out pretty well. I will miss having a DVR for sports, but I won't miss getting massively hozed by Comcast anymore.

Anyone else living cable free? I'm digging it so far . . .

I wish. I work remotely, I need Cable internet. AT&T too slow for work. But at least it's not Comcast.

I fired Comcast and DirecTV last year and went with ATT Uverse.

ATT UVerse internet sucks. Had them at my school and during the day my speeds would get down to 4-5 mbps. Cox cable gave us a dedicated line that is guaranteed to stay within 95% of 25mbps and it costs less than what we paid with ATT