68 DE MARCUS SMITH LOUISVILLE

103 DT DAQUAN JONES PENN STATE

139 TE JACOB PEDERSEN WISCONSIN

147 WR JEFF JANIS SAGINAW VALLEY STATE

182 S DEZMEN SOUTHWARD WISCONSIN

220 DT ZACK KERR DELAWARE

253 ILB PRESTON BROWN LOUISVILLE

255 OLB KEVIN PIERRE-LOUIS BOSTON COLLEGE

I don't understand how many posters on this board dislike Khalil Mack because of the conference he plays in due to "lack of competition" but yet love Jimmie Ward who plays in the exact same conference.

Both play in the MAC conference.

SMDH

Goes to show that there is very good talent outside of the SEC, ACC, and other more known college conferences.

I don't understand how many posters on this board dislike Khalil Mack because of the conference he plays in due to "lack of competition" but yet love Jimmie Ward who plays in the exact same conference.

SMDH

Goes to show that there is very good talent outside of the SEC, ACC, and other more known college conferences.

I agree that the bias is ridiculous, but I think their respective positions make a difference.

Ward is a good cover safety. If you can cover, you can cover. Also if you can tackle, you can tackle.

Mack however made his name in the backfield of opposing teams. That is subject a little more to talent along the offensive line. Idk much about oline talent in the MAC, but a lesser talent is a lot easier to get around then say a matthews or moses. Mack can cover and when he gets to the ball he is a game changer. The only question is the talent level difference of those keeping him from getting to the ball in the NFL.

I don't mind the Mac thing. But this is a little of my opinion on the difference.

SMDH

I never said a word about Mack's conference.

I don't have either Mack or Ward in the mock, but that doesn't mean I don't like them as players.....

My preference is OT at 6, but pass rush would work as well.

Buchanan is my favorite for cover safety in this draft (that we may realistically get), but Ward is a nice player.

So was this a random thread hijack, or what?

SMDH

True, I brought up the 'conference' thing I admit. And that's with me remembering Shannon Sharpe came from Savannah St ;)

Still, it's a justifiable filter to view a player, but doesn't exclude a player.

And...my gawwwwwd, I love 'em, but has any conference had bigger busts than the SEC?

I don't have either Mack or Ward in the mock, but that doesn't mean I don't like them as players.....

My preference is OT at 6, but pass rush would work as well.

Buchanan is my favorite for cover safety in this draft (that we may realistically get), but Ward is a nice player.

So was this a random thread hijack, or what?

Nah

Just venting because I have gotten sick of defending Mack with the whole conference thing while other love Ward who is from the same conference. I wasn't talking about RYNE or your post though, just other posters in TATTERS that bash play because of the conference they played in.

Sorry for derailing your thread man.

Would love for this draft to happen! I am still not sure whether I would take robinson or mack with the 6th pick

Like I said, I want OT at 6, but I won't complain about Mack.

My draft order goes like most others.

1) If you don't have your QB then you better get him

2) If you have your QB then you better protect him

3) If you have 1 & 2 covered, then find someone to get after the other QB

4) Stop the run

Like I said, I want OT at 6, but I won't complain about Mack.

My draft order goes like most others.

1) If you don't have your QB then you better get him

2) If you have your QB then you better protect him

3) If you have 1 & 2 covered, then find someone to get after the other QB

4) Stop the run

I like this thought process. Mack is the sexier pick, but Mathews/Robinson is a more "mature" selection. Personally, I am fine with Clowney. At 6. However, I would be more excited about taking Robinson or Mack at 2 than Clowney.

Regardless, I am skeptical of Clowney passing the Comrade filter.

Edited by Falcon Ben