Td Getting Far Too Much Blame

I swear some of you posters are either prepubesent girls or something. To hear some posters, you'd think TD came to our franchise and ruined our good name. Like he destroyed our longstanding franchise image and failed to do anything of worth for the franchise.

Completely false. In 2008, probably before any of these "armchair" GMs/fair weather fans were paying attention, our franchise was in bad shape. We got abandoned by our supposed new head coach, lost our franchise QB and had no dierection. Enter TD

In one off-season, TD brought in Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, and Mike Smith. All three are either current Falcons all-time record holders or very near the top. He proceeded to lead us to our 1st #1 seed berth in a decade and only 1 season later, did it again.

TD sucks. Wrong, check the track record. We have never had a better GM. We have never had a better 5 year run. So my question is, why do some folks want his head?? If anything, I'd blame Mike Smith for his overly timid approach to a game that requires bold moves. The boldness is there for TD. He's proven knowledeable and courageous enough to make a move for the pieces he wants/needs. Not Mike Smith.

Is TD the greatest GM of all time? Does every move work out perfectly? No and no. But he is a good young GM that is still learning. He's made some great decisions and some questionable ones. But lets be sure we are considering his ENTIRE track record before we are so quick to call for his departure. He's been better than most.

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he has, but u know what you wasting your time thinking you can change their minds. It's ignorance @ it's best. U have ppl on this board that wanted Ray Edwards, yet feel they can still judge pass rushers? But u want to knock td for his mistakes. Dude is not perfect but he is better than most & I'm happy with him.

1 playoff win in 6 seasons

nothing special

considering we had decades of being terrible before TD got here why do you think making him leave will improve the team?

People assume we can just bring in whoever and we'll be better. SMH. That is the dumbest logic I've ever heard. Changing a GM doesn't affect how the players play on the field, that is the coaches. You want to change who is playing for your team, change the GM

You want to change how they are playing for your team, chage the coach

We have some of the best talent in the league on offense, yet we struggle to score. That's coaching.

We give up 3rd down conversions like they don't matter. That's coaching.

We can't convert 3rd downs. That's coaching. But where are the calls for Mike smith's head?

nothing special

I don't buy into the 1 playoff win as much as most people do. When you look at who we played in the playoffs, and look at where that team ended up it makes sense to only have 1 playoff win. 49ers beat us and played in the super bowl, Giants beat us and won the super bowl, Packers beat us and won the super bowl, Cardinals beat us and played in the super bowl. One season we had 9 wins but didn't make the playoffs while in some years a team around .500 can make the playoffs.

The whole 1 playoff win argument is really a skewed statistic in my opinion. All the teams that beat us in the playoffs went on to play in the super bowl or won it. Obviously they were all great teams. If we had more playoffs wins by playing other teams those years but still didn't make it to the super bowl and win it I don't see any difference. 1 playoff win, or 10 playoff wins, without the Lombardi at the end does it really matter?

The only criticism people can legitimately have is the 4-12 season we just had.

Guest fibonacci

good read. I agree.

Smith needs to pick it up on how things are handled.

here is keys to knowing you have a good GM

- when you get comp picks and very good ones.

- the first year you have a winning season

- after 3 years you almost have a completly different team then in 2007. and still have winning seasons.

now for you

nothing special

come on man. that is more on the coaches head. and we are trying to fix that. we tried with koetter/nolan. and this year we are trying again with the line coaches.

- So will see mike smith on the hot seat if we have a bad season. (might even if we barelly miss the playoffs)

- and how the season plays out is not so much on our GMs head. due to the fact what we keep getting in comp picks.

I don't buy into the 1 playoff win as much as most people do. When you look at who we played in the playoffs, and look at where that team ended up it makes sense to only have 1 playoff win. 49ers beat us and played in the super bowl, Giants beat us and won the super bowl, Packers beat us and won the super bowl, Cardinals beat us and played in the super bowl. One season we had 9 wins but didn't make the playoffs while in some years a team around .500 can make the playoffs.

The whole 1 playoff win argument is really a skewed statistic in my opinion. All the teams that beat us in the playoffs went on to play in the super bowl or won it. Obviously they were all great teams. If we had more playoffs wins by playing other teams those years but still didn't make it to the super bowl and win it I don't see any difference. 1 playoff win, or 10 playoff wins, without the Lombardi at the end does it really matter?

The only criticism people can legitimately have is the 4-12 season we just had.

BULLSHIIT ! Excuse , excuse , excuse . 1 playoff win in six years is a dam joke . You can spin that shiit all you want .

so when someone gives you facts ( 1 post season win in 6 years ) your only response is some lame @ss insult. That's your rebuttal. No bs about ' we never had back to back winning blah blah blah ' . Dam guy , kinda figured youd bring more than that ....

irony at its finest

BULLSHIIT ! Excuse , excuse , excuse . 1 playoff win in six years is a dam joke . You can spin that shiit all you want .

case and point

so when someone gives you facts ( 1 post season win in 6 years ) your only response is some lame @ss insult. That's your rebuttal. No bs about ' we never had back to back winning blah blah blah ' . Dam guy , kinda figured youd bring more than that ....

Funny how you call others on not presenting facts, yet you ignored all the ones in my OP. So your ONE fact is clearly outweighed by the several that are there.

Furthermore, how can you blame the way they perform on the field on the GM??? Does that even make sense to you???? If it does, I seriously question your judgement.

I saw someone use this analogy and it seemed fitting. The people who love Dimitroff because of how awful we were before he was hired are the same people who fell in love with the first girl they ******. Just because he is better than what we had before doesn't make him objectively good.

Guest fibonacci

so we are going to ignore the rest of the time TD has been here and talk about the one year that we were killed by injuries?

I'll tell you needs to be ignored. that guy "lee harvey oswald". thats who. the guy complains complains complains. he liked one signing (he said to me when comfronted if he liked anyone we signed from all the bitching he does).

If this guy is seriously a falcon fan. he needs to put his big boy pants on and realize................ if you hate over 50% of the players/coaches, then it is clearly not something you want to be apart of. therefore you really need to leave. and lastly, "it is ok to go to another team. there is no rule in the ten commandments that says, "thou shall stay committed to a team and never allowed to leave, or else they go to **** **** ****.".

Dag nam, I left the steelers because I did not like Big Ben and how the people in control were handling Big Bens actions. so I left. I left when they were looking great. I left before they got 2 more rings. and I went looking for a team for a couple years and found the falcons and really like how they handled things and knew who Thomas was (because of being a steeler fan and having brown fans constantly around me).

IDK maybe I am going to **** **** ****.

tumblr_miliiv2iz81rbodhlo1_500.gif

Funny how you call others on not presenting facts, yet you ignored all the ones in my OP. So your ONE fact is clearly outweighed by the several that are there.

Furthermore, how can you blame the way they perform on the field on the GM??? Does that even make sense to you???? If it does, I seriously question your judgement.

my beef with TD is why the helll is he keeping that lame duck coach he hired . Smith is WAY over his head. TD needs to look no further then the Big Easy to actually see what a top notch head coach can do for a NFL franchise .

my beef with TD is why the helll is he keeping that lame duck coach he hired . Smith is WAY over his head. TD needs to look no further then the Big Easy to actually see what a top notch head coach can do for a NFL franchise .

Why didn't you just say that...lol. Now I appreciate everything he's done, but Mike Smith needs to go. If you asked me which could we do without and still have had our recent success:

A) Mike Smith

B) Thomas Dimitroff

C) Matt Ryan

I'm voting A. See ya Smitty.