Julio Is Running, Ahead Of Schedule

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember someone telling me this wasn't a serious injury.

Well...if it's taken him 6 months to simply be able to run and that is considered ahead of schedule, obviously it was a serious injury. Guys come back from broken legs faster than that.

Well...if it's taken him 6 months to simply be able to run and that is considered ahead of schedule, obviously it was a serious injury. Guys come back from broken legs faster than that.

I thought it was the same thing/same foot they discovered at his combine where he was ready to go by camp.

I guess this means they correctly diagnosed it this time and he's getting better treatment.

I've never found confirmation but if it was a Jones fracture the thing I read that was the problem was a lack of bloodflow to the area prevents it from fully healing so that's a reason why re-injury is a common occurrence.

If it's been 6 months it definitely sounds like they're taking the more comprehensive approach.

A broken foot that required surgey wasn't serious? The medal rod in his foot broke off from the bone. I'd say that's pretty serious...

P.S. Unlike others on here, I'm not very happy about this news. I'm happy that he's "ahead of schedule", but I'm not happy that he's running ahead of schedule. If it takes a normal human being an extra month, let it rest for an extra 4 weeks before you start pushing it. Pushing it early might get him back in playing shape sooner, but it also increases the odds of him having a setback.

From what I've read about this, when a second fracture occurs in this part of the foot, they often take a VERY conservative approach to the second recovery. Whereas maybe you get out of a boot 6-8 weeks after a first surgery, the second surgery frequently pushes that time frame to 20-24 weeks. This provides added stability and even longer for the bones to fuse.

Any injury that takes a guy out for a season is a serious injury. It isn't as serious as it could have been (its not a lisfranc injury) but anytime they shut it down, you've gotta be concerned.

I'm glad to see he's doing well and I think he'll have a full recovery. I think it was fairly bad luck to have what happened happen. We just need to hope it doesnt happen again.

Wonder what the the odds are he break his foot again . I'm thinking 50/50 shot . You have to wonder if TD regrets trading those draft picks knowing what he knows now. Extreme caution when contract situation arise

50-50? So, Dr. where did you get your degree? What did you think of the x-rays? What was it like when they operated on him? What, exactly happened?

Oh wait, you have no clue do you. You are simply obeying Swift's rule number 4 of trollin':

4. ONLY THE WORST CASE POSSIBLE SCENARIOS HAPPEN FOR THE FALCONS, unless, of course, I'm throwing out another of my absurd impossible plans for the falcons, in which case, everything works out in the best possible way.

Sad thing is, if Jones is damaged goods, you'll post hundreds of times about how you were right and never once mention that you're sad for the Falcons. Just like you did last year when you bragged about how you'd predicted a bad year [ when, of course, you had them going 10-6] and never once acting like a real fan and being sad about a 4-12 year.

We bought a bad throughbread and he was pricey . The worst thing the Falcons can do now is pump more money into this racehorse and he has same issues . Best thing to do is sometimes put em down or out to pasture or put a FOR SALE sign on him

Rule number 4 in full effect. The possibility that Jones may be fine hasn't even entered your mind. You're convinced he's crippled, just using 50-50 as a way to appear "objective".