The Jimmy Graham Rule

charliechaplin

Other rules have been named after players:

Deacon Jones

Lester Hayes

Emmitt Smith

Roy Williams

Those are mostly about player safety.

I totally get limiting celebrations in the end zone and not allowing guys to spike the ball after a big gain while the clock is still running. But now players can't "dunk" the ball after a TD. All because one doofus has to grab the post and pull it down. I guess we can call it the Jimmy Graham rule.

Truly it's becoming the No Fun League.

dry.png

Why do players all feel the need to celebrate everything? Why can't they just act as though scoring or making a good play is a routine thing? Do you need to have everyone notice your stupid act in order to have a good time?

Why don't they just have a celebration contest at that lame a** pro bowl?

Edited by yachtsman

I could care less about the celebrations, they're kind of stupid to me anyway. I'm a player, so I get being excited over a good play, and you should be excited over making a good play(even BB thinks so lol). However, 'act like you've done it before' also comes into play. Just pull your fist down, take the high(or low)five from a teammate and move on....................Most TD celebrations aren't entertaining, and I just think 'ok, get on with it'. Unless you do something you actually have never done before, act like you've done it before...............That being said, some of them actually are funny. I did appreciate Stevie Johnson mocking Plaxico Burress by pretending to shoot himself in the leg.

Why do players all feel the need to celebrate everything? Why can't they just act as though scoring or making a good play is a routine thing? Do you need to have everyone notice your stupid act in order to have a good time?

Why don't they just have a celebration contest at that lame a** pro bowl?

Stylistically and practically, white culture has always discouraged the celebration of the self. We are told our entire lives to assimilate into father's culture, and we tend to more or less do so. We are the majority culture, and as so we, as a culture, expect everyone to "behave like us."

Black people have been discriminated against since the day that Africans were first forced to come here and work as chattel. Sadly, discrimination is still widely felt by the black community to this day. It's natural for anyone who is discriminated against as a minority to celebrate themselves more often. Where this comes in stylistically most often to me is basketball. Where did Michael Jordan play? Above the rim. Where did Larry Byrd play? White people place emphasis on fundamentals. Black people put emphasis on individual game. What do *I* bring to the table with my game that's going to help my team win?

Anyway, psychologically speaking, it feels more important to anyone in a minority culture, be it blacks, hispanics, women, gays, etc. to celebrate themselves more than the dominant culture who attempts to assimilate them into "white culture."

To end this tirade, to me, saying all that about why do they have to celebrate all the time is almost racist. I realize you probably aren't, and meant no offense to anyone, and I'm certainly not taking offense.

But me personally, I laugh every time a white announcer wants them to act like they've been there before or wonders why they're celebrating a first down. It's just 'cism.

Edited by Tom Servo

Stylistically and practically, white culture has always discouraged the celebration of the self. We are told our entire lives to assimilate into father's culture, and we tend to more or less do so. We are the majority culture, and as so we, as a culture, expect everyone to "behave like us."

Black people have been discriminated against since the day that Africans were first forced to come here and work as chattel. Sadly, discrimination is still widely felt by the black community to this day. It's natural for anyone who is discriminated against as a minority to celebrate themselves more often. Where this comes in stylistically most often to me is basketball. Where did Michael Jordan play? Above the rim. Where did Larry Byrd play? White people place emphasis on fundamentals. Black people put emphasis on individual game. What do *I* bring to the table with my game that's going to help my team win?

Anyway, psychologically speaking, it feels more important to anyone in a minority culture, be it blacks, hispanics, women, gays, etc. to celebrate themselves more than the dominant culture who attempts to assimilate them into "white culture."

To end this tirade, to me, saying all that about why do they have to celebrate all the time is almost racist. I realize you probably aren't, and meant no offense to anyone, and I'm certainly not taking offense.

But me personally, I laugh every time a white announcer wants them to act like they've been there before or wonders why they're celebrating a first down. It's just 'cism.

You're obviously intelligent, but this is a ridiculous post.

I applied for a black scholarship and was denied. Same thing.

you're officially a complete ******* idiot.

wanna take a guess at how many white scholarships there are? how about all of the rest?

that's like saying "why is there a black history month?" because it's white history month the other 11 months.

you stupid ****.

Edited by Tom Servo

you're officially a complete ******* idiot.

wanna take a guess at how many white scholarships there are? how about all of the rest?

that's like saying "why is there a black history month?" because it's white history month the other 11 months.

you stupid ****.

Lol. God you are such an oversensitive prick. Get the sand out of your ******. The point is reverse racism is just as bad. We hire people that are black just to avoid being sued sometimes. Not because they were the best candidate. Some are. Some aren't. It's just a ******** situation in america all around. And history is history. Black history or not. People should educate themselves. It's not as 'white' history the other 11 months as you insinuate. You just see it that way. But i guess we're all just white to you judging by your knee-jerk reaction and personal attacks. Also are there really Whites only scholarships? Never heard of one. If so i hope they die too. My point is no educational institution should deny someone based on race. I guess that went over your head.

Lol. God you are such an oversensitive prick. Get the sand out of your ******. The point is reverse racism is just as bad. We hire people that are black just to avoid being sued sometimes. Not because they were the best candidate. Some are. Some aren't. It's just a ******** situation in america all around. And history is history. Black history or not. People should educate themselves. It's not as 'white' history the other 11 months as you insinuate. You just see it that way. But i guess we're all just white to you judging by your knee-jerk reaction and personal attacks. Also are there really Whites only scholarships? Never heard of one. If so i hope they die too. My point is no educational institution should deny someone based on race. I guess that went over your head.

I'd just like to say that calling someone a name on a forum isn't a personal attack; and if it feels like one to you, you should probably reevaluate how the opinions of people posting on the internet effect you personally.

Now...

MY point is reverse racism doesn't exist. YOUR point is stupid. Reverse Racism is a ridiculous notion.

When is the last time someone did something racist that made you feel oppressed? Or better yet, that actually oppressed you?

Oh, right. There wasn't a time.

Because white males don't get oppressed. Hence, you having no ******* idea what the **** you're talking about.

Go back to high school ethan.

P.S. I'm a white male. I just, you know, have actually studied society.

Edited by Tom Servo

MY point is reverse racism doesn't exist. YOUR point is stupid. Reverse Racism is a ridiculous notion.

When is the last time someone did something racist that made you feel oppressed? Or better yet, that actually oppressed you?

Oh, right. There wasn't a time.

Because white males don't get oppressed. Hence, you having no ******* idea what the **** you're talking about.

Go back to high school ethan.

You have no idea kiddo. I've been jumped by 15 black guys i didn't even know because i was white. How's that for oppression? I've been stabbed in the back of the knee for being white too. I just lived in a black neighborhood. Reverse racism DOES exist. Even provided an example for you. I like how you tell me to go back to high school when i'm the one acting like an adult and providing a rational argument. sit down son.

How about companies that pass over more qualified white males to meet race quotas? It does happen. That's a form of reverse racism and oppression.

**** there's a girl at my job who would have been fired years ago if she was white.

You have no idea kiddo. I've been jumped by 15 black guys i didn't even know because i was white. How's that for oppression? I've been stabbed in the back of the knee for being white too. I just lived in a black neighborhood. Reverse racism DOES exist. Even provided an example for you. I like how you tell me to go back to high school when i'm the one acting like an adult and providing a rational argument. sit down son.

How about companies that pass over more qualified white males to meet race quotas? It does happen. That's a form of reverse racism and oppression.

**** there's a girl at my job who would have been fired years ago if she was white.

It is -NOT- a form of oppression.

Here's a job stat for you:

Black males with no criminal record have THE EXACT SAME job opportunities as white felons.

LOOK IT UP.

So you tell me who is being oppressed?

I've been beat up by black kids at the boys club too. It's called being ******* kids. Hate crime is personal oppression.

I'm talking about systematic oppression, dude.

Real oppression.

It is -NOT- a form of oppression.

Here's a job stat for you:

Black males with no criminal record have THE EXACT SAME job opportunities as white felons.

LOOK IT UP.

So you tell me who is being oppressed?

I've been beat up by black kids at the boys club too. It's called being ******* kids. Hate crime is personal oppression.

I'm talking about systematic oppression, dude.

Real oppression.

its all good I had my boys too and we caught up with some of em. And link that stat please. Dont jus say it. Im just saying there is a flip side you're not seeing. I was passed for promotion simply because I was a white male. No other reason. Eventually I got my promotion after their gay quota was met but still. Im not saying blacks have it amazing or anything. Everyone take a deep breath

its all good I had my boys too and we caught up with some of em. And link that stat please. Dont jus say it. Im just saying there is a flip side you're not seeing. I was passed for promotion simply because I was a white male. No other reason. Eventually I got my promotion after their gay quota was met but still. Im not saying blacks have it amazing or anything. Everyone take a deep breath

No, I see the flipside.

But the flipside is a silly notion. That black person may have been better at the same job than you, or more qualified, etc.

Also, there's plenty of scholarships for native americans, people with drug problems, people with high gpa's, people with disabilities. Because I'm not handicapped I miss out on several scholarships. That doesn't mean I'm not oppressed.

You're talking about oppression as though you've experienced itand you just called a quota, "gay." I'd just like to point that out.

In America, white men don't experience systematic oppression and regularly take part in it, without even being aware.

i.e. "That's classless, that player is a thug. When he scores a touchdown he should act like he's been there before."

translated: "that guy is acting way too black and it makes me uncomfortable as a white man."