I'd Trade Back With Vikings For Their 2 3Rds

MSalmon

Assuming the Vikings really wanted a QB, would you trade back for their 2 3rds? It's expensive in our favor but with Tampa right behind us were in a good spot to deal if the Vikings think the bucs are targeting a QB like Bridgewater or Carr

Thoughts?

Yep. Especially if who we have targeted isn't there.

Use those two thirds for a TE and FS (and our 3rd for a ?/maybe extra pass rusher) and use the first and 2nd for pass rusher and OT.

Or some combo. 5 picks in the first 3 rounds would be grand. We could take luxury picks (like a tall possession receiver) in the 4th.

Where they picking, 12? Assuming u also mean a swap of 1sts, I would. If a guy falls in the mid to late 2nd we could trade up and get him and still have a pick in the 3rd. Would finally be a situation where TD trades up using a couple 3rds to get a 2nd, where the whole TATF wouldn't want to go Vlad the Impaler on him LOL

Where they picking, 12? Assuming u also mean a swap of 1sts, I would. If a guy falls in the mid to late 2nd we could trade up and get him and still have a pick in the 3rd. Would finally be a situation where TD trades up using a couple 3rds to get a 2nd, where the whole TATF wouldn't want to go Vlad the Impaler on him LOL

Yeah we'd have to switch sorry. They're 9 I believe. I was thinking same thing. Two 3rds to move back in second would be a great way to get a guy like Lewan or Barr in first, dee ford or a OT I with our second and still snap up a safety like ward with the acquired second.

It's not a terribly bad deal for them after their 3 first rounders last year. A lot depends on if they're sold Tampa wants a QB

Yep. Especially if who we have targeted isn't there.

Use those two thirds for a TE and FS (and our 3rd for a ?/maybe extra pass rusher) and use the first and 2nd for pass rusher and OT.

Or some combo. 5 picks in the first 3 rounds would be grand. We could take luxury picks (like a tall possession receiver) in the 4th.

Or a rb

Yup. You could essentially trade back up into the low first with a 2nd and a high 3rd.

Then youd have vikings pick, late 1st rounder, 2 3rd rounders.

Could do well with that. Could also trade those one of the 3rds and a 4th for a second. Gives you tons of flexibility.

Don't see how its an option unless at least 2 of Mack/Robinson/Clowney is there.

By trading back, you're giving TB first crack at the pool. I don't know...that's kind of scary.

Now, if the Top 5 features 3 QBs and Sammy Watkins, we could probably afford to do it. But I'm certainly not doing it if only Clowney or only Mack or only Robinson is there. If all three are gone, it would be fine. We could move down and end up with either Matthews or Barr.

Don't see how its an option unless at least 2 of Mack/Robinson/Clowney is there.

By trading back, you're giving TB first crack at the pool. I don't know...that's kind of scary.

Now, if the Top 5 features 3 QBs and Sammy Watkins, we could probably afford to do it. But I'm certainly not doing it if only Clowney or only Mack or only Robinson is there. If all three are gone, it would be fine. We could move down and end up with either Matthews or Barr.

It's quite an option if the following happens:

1) the Vikings do indeed want Bridgewater or Carr

2) Tampa is interested in QB (or Vikings think they are)

3) how we fell about Barr or Lewan

On number 3, of course I amd others have no clue.

Slightly off topic I'm not as sold on Mack despite the MB and mike Mayock.

Yeah I definitely would be okay with that if, Clowney, Mack, Robinson are off the board. I am not as high on Matthews as those other guys and I really don't see Tampa Bay taking him after signing Anthony Collins, so we might be able to get him anyway.

And like a poster brought up before, it would give us the ammo to move up from our high 2nd or 3rd round pick into the late 1st or 2nd round, respectively, and still leave us with a full complement of picks. Or we stay put and have 5 picks in the first 96 picks. That would help a lot with quality depth.

If we are talking about trading the 6th pick for their two 3rds then heck no. I don't want to get out of the first round all together. I'd trade back with them for swapping 1st round picks and them sending us a 3rd and 4th or 5th.

I'm not. Come on dude lol I mean swapping places in first round for their 2 3rds

Meh just stay where we are. Judging TD's 3rd round picks, I just don't see the point.

2008:

Chevis Jackson

Harry Douglas

Decoud

2009:

Chris Owens

2010:

Corey Peters

Mike Johsnson

2011:

Akeem Dent

2012:

Lamar Holmes

2013:

traded

With 3 3rds in this draft you could move back in second, you could get 3 good players in positions like DT, LB and rb or safety even. Very deep draft

I'm not. Come on dude lol I mean swapping places in first round for their 2 3rds

You should have just said that. I was confused by what you were even trying to say.If Clowney, Mack , or Robinson there at 6 then I say stay put and take one of them. If all 3 of them are gone then I'm definitely ok with your scenario of swapping first round picks and taking their two 3rds. I just don't think the Vikings would be interested to move up two spots in the first round at the cost of losing both of their 3rd round picks, though their second 3rd round pick is almost like an early 4th round. I guess it depends on if they REALLY want a certain player and are afraid that either we or TB would take him.

Guest King Jigsaw

I don't think the Vikings are jumping at the chance to climb over the Bucs. Tampa Bay signed Josh McCown and has already named him the starter going into next year. With Glennon backing him up they are fine at the position and won't waste a top 10 pick on another.