toadfishtom

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who Do You Not Want At Pick 6 ?

For me it would be you or any of the hundreds of posters on this board saying Barr is Busterson. Yall mofos are clueless. Trust me.

I still say dude will be the best pass rusher from this class when it's said and done. Either for us or the Sucs.

I'm not concerned about him as a pass rusher at all, it's the coverage and run defense that scares me. I have no doubts that Nolan can utilize him to have 15 sacks in a season, but a guy that can ONLY rush the passer worries me.

With that said, IF he can develop in those areas he will be a special player. It's just hard to pick someone at 6 that needs so much work in areas other than pass rushing. I want a complete player that high in the draft.

Edited by Power I

Any offensive skill position.

All you Matthews haters would be drooling over him if Robinson weren't in this draft.

Matthews could very well turn out to be a fine LT. But he or Baker at RT would get destroyed. Since Baker is locked into our roster for at least two more seasons, I don't think Matthews is the way to go.

Watkins. He may be BPA but he's such a luxury need it makes it a bad pick with so many other holes at OT, olb/DE and FS.

The big issue also is it means IMHO we would let roddy walk after this contract expires. Right now I see him signing a cap friendly deal to finish his career a falcon. However noway we pay that if we have Julio (won't be allowed to leave Atlanta) and Watkins on a rookie wage. I love roddy and want him to retire a falc.

I'm not concerned about him as a pass rusher at all, it's the coverage and run defense that scares me. I have no doubts that Nolan can utilize him to have 15 sacks in a season, but a guy that can ONLY rush the passer worries me.

With that said, IF he can develop in those areas he will be a special player. It's just hard to pick someone at 6 that needs so much work in areas other than pass rushing. I want a complete player that high in the draft.

Nolan and BVG dropped Abe, Osi and Beirmann in coverage. And they weren't turrible. There's no doubt in my mind Barr can cover better than all of them. Combined.

I think yall need to watch more tape on dude. He will get bigger and stronger. I think he is a young John Abraham with more drive. He will beast for somebody before it's said and done. Either us or the Sucs.

Matthews nor Barr... I want an ELITE prospect with All-Pro upside. If we have to develop him, that's alright. As long as he has enough polish to contribute immediately I'm good with it. Matthews doesn't have the upside and Barr will be a situational player coming in, far too little value for 6th overall...

Edited by Macintez

Nolan and BVG dropped Abe, Osi and Beirmann in coverage. And they weren't turrible. There's no doubt in my mind Barr can cover better than all of them. Combined.

I think yall need to watch more tape on dude. He will get bigger and stronger. I think he is a young John Abraham with more drive. He will beast for somebody before it's said and done. Either us or the Sucs.

I think if we're drafting a linebacker at 6 he needs to be the healthy version of Von Miller. If we're talking about potential, Barr comes much closer than Mack. He even has a more similar body type. However, Von Miller is a very underrated run defender. That's what made him the complete player the Broncos drafted #2 overall for their 4-3 defense, even though most said he was a better fit for the 3-4. I just don't see the same happening with Barr. He's going to be a designated pass rusher and NFL teams can scheme against that when they know no one else can regularly beat single blocks (see last year for proof that we can't.) I'm not saying we shouldn't pull the trigger on Barr if he's the only one available and no quarterbacks have gone before our pick, but it's also why I contend Dimitroff is going to move up for Clowney until I'm proven otherwise.

Edited by Power I