Jadeveon Clowney: Work Ethic Criticism Was Like 'spit In The Face'

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my Dad were talking about Clown's work ethic and how much it does or doesn't matter.

He compared it to his early days in the Insurance field. Said there were guys who worked twice as hard and sold half as much. Bottom line...we live in a results oriented world...as adults.

'A for effort' is a game we run on kids...bring 'em home TD :)

There's your problem, comparing the insurance field with a football field.

Will it matter as long as he puts out?

Well if he can put up numbers than it doesn't really matter. But some people just don't have chips - not sure why Tuggle thinks it can come out of guys. Not sure if Clowney has a Ryan type personality but it's always possible.

I repeatedly see the comparisons to Peppers and it just seems kind of silly to me. It Peppers wasn't trying his Senior year, then he must be far and away the best athlete in the history of mankind, because he was a post season consensus first team All-American, won the Chuck Bednarik award for being the best defensive player in college football, the Bill Willis Trophy for being the top Defensive Lineman, and Lombardi Award for being the best college football lineman or linebacker.

So...the only way a comparison to Peppers would be relevant is if Clowney had put up that kind of performance this year. He didn't.

So....either Peppers was trying a lot harder, or he was just way more talented.

Either way, the comparison isn't relevant.

If you don't view your last year in college with the draft coming up a "reason to dominate", I'm not sure you are ever going to find one.

You've got to stop with that. We know Clowneys talents we know he has everything needed to be a great player talent wise, we don't need to look at his highlights unless we just want to get pumped up about the possibility of getting him.

Did he say that? Yes. Does it matter that he said that? No. Because at this point it's all about what your going to get out of him now, do you believe you have to coach to push him?

I would say for any team to not believe they have the coach to push him, what are they doing.

We have the coach, we have the need, he has the talent. Take him if you can.

You've got to stop with that. We know Clowneys talents we know he has everything needed to be a great player talent wise, we don't need to look at his highlights unless we just want to get pumped up about the possibility of getting him.

Did he say that? Yes. Does it matter that he said that? No. Because at this point it's all about what your going to get out of him now, do you believe you have to coach to push him?

I would say for any team to not believe they have the coach to push him, what are they doing.

We have the coach, we have the need, he has the talent. Take him if you can.

The coach has very little power when a draft pick gets a signing bonus that is 5X the coaches annual salary. That is why you have to be as sure as you can be on these guys.

The coach has very little power when a draft pick gets a signing bonus that is 5X the coaches annual salary. That is why you have to be as sure as you can be on these guys.

It's not about power. It's about understanding what makes a guy tick but we do know when Clowney does mess up Cox will be in his face about it.

But I agree you do have to be as sure as possible but even if 32 teams weren't sure about Clowney he's still getting picked top 10 because he's too talented to let slip by.

Getting a little desperate aren't you? Keep it coming this could get hilarious.

Desperate? It's true. No fire. No chip. No elevation.

There are a lot of people in the world who work hard at their job, i.e. comes in early, leaves late, turns in everything on time, etc... but they don't have the desire to really take it to the next level or seek the next challenge. They are fine with the current level they are at. If on average it takes 3 years to get promoted, these guys are fine with being promoted in 3 years. These aren't the guys that want to be promoted in 1.5. Keep in mind that being promoted in 3 years still takes hard work and high work ethic.

And that is the type of guy Matt Ryan is.

He is being compared to Peppers cause if the physical talent both shares. And Peppers was known at North Carolina to take plays off. Very relevant if you remember Peppers at North Carolina

Well that's why you can't make the comparison though. Peppers was Defensive Player of the Year while allegedly being lazy.

Clowney was pretty much invisible while allegedly being lazy.

That's my point. Either Peppers wasn't really lazy or he was just waaay better player than Clowney.

Well that's why you can't make the comparison though. Peppers was Defensive Player of the Year while allegedly being lazy.

Clowney was pretty much invisible while allegedly being lazy.

That's my point. Either Peppers wasn't really lazy or he was just waaay better player than Clowney.

Clowney was also Defensive Player of the Year.