Falcons Considering Trading Up

Trouble

http://profootballta...6-in-round-one/

here we go again... another over the top trade thats gonna cost way more than it should.

I seriously doubt it. Like dd said, unless those 4 players that are easy top 5 picks are gone, and then it would be to trade down. T.D. more than likely learned his lesson in giving up multiple picks to move down. You all did pick up that extra 4th round pick though. But if he was smart he'd use it to move back up in the 1st to pick up a solid safety.

I think that article is wrong....really don't think it would cost much for the Falcons to move up. Generally the top 7 teams have a pretty good idea of what the teams around them need and who they will draft. I could see switching out two or three spots if they knew their guy would still be there with that small of a jump for the cost of a third or fourth...especially in this deep draft

I think that article is wrong....really don't think it would cost much for the Falcons to move up. Generally the top 7 teams have a pretty good idea of what the teams around them need and who they will draft. I could see switching out two or three spots if they knew their guy would still be there with that small of a jump for the cost of a third or fourth...especially in this deep draft

True, but with the holes they have now, they need as many top players as they can get. With the draft being this deep, the more early picks you have the better.

If they do, I Believe its Mack they are Targeting, I Know alot of ppl are saying O Line, But our Base 3-4 Package can become very nasty Instantly with the D Line guys we signed and Mack at the OLB

Mack would/could instantly upgrade the Falcons defense. I guarantee, if he's still there and the Falcons don't take him at the 6th spot, we'll take him at #7!

Guest fibonacci

If they do, I Believe its Mack they are Targeting, I Know alot of ppl are saying O Line, But our Base 3-4 Package can become very nasty Instantly with the D Line guys we signed and Mack at the OLB

True, but with the holes they have now, they need as many top players as they can get. With the draft being this deep, the more early picks you have the better.

I can see both points here. one side of the coin and we would be great on D. on the other side of the coin we would be great on the O.

and I think it comes down to these scenarios.............

1. Get Mack and a RT in the third.

- lose the second pick

- D is great and ranked in the mid teens.

- O looks like 2011/2012 line

2. get matthews/robinson at #6. and Pass Rusher in the second. and LB in the third. (just giving an idea.)

- O line looks great.

- D ranks in high teens overall. but it is hard to run a 3-4

1 A. we pick up a RT in FA next year.

- we have the cap room

- we have the cap room

- we just have to see how 2014 plays out for us

2 A. pray a 3-4 OLB/DE falls to us

- could be the draft..... but doubt it if we are picking higher then 20.

- could look in FA....... but doubt it because they come by rare and it would really get into a lot of money.

So I hate to say this. but going up and getting Mack seems to be the logical decision here. and I really really want a OT.

I agree. The Steelers where even saying this is a great draft to move down. But everyone is thinking the same thing so it lowers the value for teams trading down. If your not interested in those top 5 players and need a QB like the jags. You could easily trade down get extra picks and get you a QB with little to no risks at all.

Your not gonna get that massive deal like the falcons did for Jones. To many teams willing to trade down for less. I doubt many teams will give that much to go up that high.

So the Jags can get more and still get who ever they want at QB with a trade to the falcons, But just wont get that massive price that their pick normally would get. Its clear the Falcons could go for any of those 5 players so they dont have to trade with any one team. So that lowers the value for the top teams willing to trade down.

Atl is already picking in the top 10. The depth in this Draft is to good to lose picks. Losing picks is why atl doesn't have good depth to begin with.

Stay at 6 and get the BPA.

If they would trade up, to get to number 3 it would cost approx a 2nd and a 5th.

Agreed..

Guest fibonacci

No one's that stupid, not even Falcons office.

I don't recall the falcons ever trading away their entire draft for one player.... yet I do remember the saints doing that and then some of the next year.
Washington Received
  • Pick #12 (Rd. 1) in the 1999 NFL Draft
  • Pick #71 (Rd. 3) in the 1999 NFL Draft
  • Pick #106 (Rd. 4) in the 1999 NFL Draft
  • Pick #144 (Rd. 5) in the 1999 NFL Draft
  • Pick #179 (Rd. 6) in the 1999 NFL Draft
  • Pick #218 (Rd. 7) in the 1999 NFL Draft
  • Pick #2 (Rd. 1) in the 2000 NFL Draft
  • Pick #64 (Rd. 3) in the 2000 NFL Draft

New Orleans Received

• Pick #5 (Rd.1) in the 1999 NFL Draft

I bet after readin that you just had a doh.gif

Guest fibonacci

The current front office had nothing to do with that trade, therefore it can't be mentioned on RC. Or some such nonsense

ohhhhh so our past should not be brought up.

Gotcha. I'll put that into the memory bank for the next time we get called at for something outside of TD era.

Guest fibonacci

If you wanna hold the Ditka era over my head be my guest, Sir Dealin', Slayer of Strawmen.

hey I just brought it up because someone wanted to call the falcons stupid. ;)

It's cool, just don't mention Rankin Smith.

hey hey we are not allowed to go there. shhhhh

Guest fibonacci

I'd still like to kick Ditka in the nuts for making that trade. He coulda gotten the Redskins pick for far less, but he was brazen enough to offer those picks. Dumbassss move.

redskins made stupid moves as well. And with the moves they traded up in with Chicago, it was idiot moves as well.

Everyone lost imo.