Falcons Open To Trading Up...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the TD quote from Jan:

"I think anyone who is worth their position in this league as a team-builder who’s not open to considering moving back or moving up, to me, is short-selling themselves because that’s what the draft is about," Dimitroff said. "That’s what the activity, the exercise is about: it’s capitalizing on what is right for our organization, what is going to make our organization the best."

This isn't news. There is nothing about what Schefter said 2 days ago that is any different than what TD said in Jan, what TD has always said- TD has always said he wants teams to call about trades.

What Schefter didn't mention is the trading back.

Here's the TD quote from Jan:

"I think anyone who is worth their position in this league as a team-builder who’s not open to considering moving back or moving up, to me, is short-selling themselves because that’s what the draft is about," Dimitroff said. "That’s what the activity, the exercise is about: it’s capitalizing on what is right for our organization, what is going to make our organization the best."

This isn't news. There is nothing about what Schefter said 2 days ago that is any different than what TD said in Jan, what TD has always said- TD has always said he wants teams to call about trades.

What Schefter didn't mention is the trading back.

TD is more likely to trade up than trade down in the first round.

Per Adam Schefter

Atlanta Falcons are open to trading up in draft, per league sources. Falcons are first team known to be willing to go up

Dont like it... We need depth

First of all, i agree with others, this is old news. However, I hope we don't trade up. We can get a great player at 6 without doing a thing. If we trade up, I hope it's later in the draft when the cost is lower.

We don't need stock pile of picks, we need an impact player.

Trading back mean they could have 3-4 of the top 50 players. 3 or 4 impact players as opposed to 1.

Really OK with what TD & Co decide to do. They just have to get this right. If they think Clowney is the next Bruce Smith, fine. If they think Mack or Robinson at 6, fine. If they trade back, fine.

Just have to come out of this draft with 1 incredible game changing player plus a couple of starters or 3-4 really good players if they trade down.

We don't need stock pile of picks, we need an impact player.

We have enough depth. We need starters. I honestly would not be mad if TD traded up for Clowney, then traded up again for an FS or OT. We need starters. We have 5+ DEs on our roster, but only one is above average in pass rushing.

Long time listener, first time caller...

http://nesn.com/2014/03/2010-nfl-draft-reset-patriots-pick-up-top-rated-safety-cant-get-rob-gronkowski/

So I found this interesting, though I don't agree with the eval completely. Regardless it's a starting point... TD needs to go for talent in the later rounds, it's very very simple. This is a mutli billion dollar industry so finding means to keep guys motivated and out of trouble should be attainable. Hardy, Atkins, and jones for instance really kill me. Talent playing in your backyard yet we go for the ole Montana mountain men. What's the difference in cutting a player for being terrible or being a piece of deuce? Still off the team... It would be one thing if TD were finding the well educated corner from Stanford but his late round picks make me want to kill puppies.

All this being said, I don't trust TD in the late rounds thus making a move for clowney is worth it in my mind. We have a defense that an expansion team would skip over given an opportunity to steal one of our players with the exception of maybe spoon and tru so go get a talented beast. Not like those later rounders will pan out anyway

We have enough depth. We need starters. I honestly would not be mad if TD traded up for Clowney, then traded up again for an FS or OT. We need starters. We have 5+ DEs on our roster, but only one is above average in pass rushing.

Right. Heck, ill even be if we trade up for Mack. We need a impact player.