Falcons Open To Trading Up...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't think Schfter cares about teams willing to trade up in 2nd and 3rd rounds at this moment

But I doubt TD said he's trading up in the first round. We all know TD likes to go get his guy. I highly doubt we move up given the cost vs the amount of talent available at #6. It's not like we are picking in the back end like usual.

Schefter cares about keeping his name out there and reporting things first. He's right, that we will move up and TD probably confirmed it. But nothing says where. This is to care teams like the Bucs into moving up for a boatload of picks to hamstring them. Imagine if the Bucs paid the RG3 price for Clowney. They'd have a great DLine but limited future resources.

If we trade up ... but keep our 2nd pick...(trade our 1st, round,3rd round, and a nest year 3rd round pick) I'm good ...

Listen i rather not trade up but we need a impact rusher... I feel like we need more IMPACT guys .. ppl will say depth but our problem was the young guys we drafted on our O-Line wasnt ready/didnt step up...

If we trade up ... but keep our 2nd pick...(trade our 1st, round,3rd round, and a nest year 3rd round pick) I'm good ...

Listen i rather not trade up but we need a impact rusher... I feel like we need more IMPACT guys .. ppl will say depth but our problem was the young guys we drafted on our O-Line wasnt ready/didnt step up...

I agree butter nuts. Keeping the 2nd rounder is the key

If we trade up in the 1st, I think it will be a good deal. I'd say this years 3rd and next years 2nd would get it done. Rams probably don't want to trade down very far so they'll take a discount to stay in the top 6.

Before anyone wets their panties...

The quote don't say when and in what round.

It could mean trade DOWN from 6, pick up an extra second and Trade back UP into the tail end of the 1st.

Clownorg,

You think, therefore, you are.

People getting excited over a tweet. It is time to consider the possibilities. As you mentioned, we may trade up from the second to the first. Or, we may trade up from the #6.....using draft picks or established players (say, Harry Douglas, for example). We don't know and TD can't predict what will happen. All that is being said is that the Falcons are open for business.

There is no need to get excited.

We have depth idiot

That's the stupid thing everybody keeps saying. We added 4-5 guys the offseason plus getting all the guys back that were injured we have plenty of depth!

Were do we need depth? DL no LB no OL no maybe WR yes but not a huge need another CB but again not a huge need.

We have depth we need impact players not depth and a FS wouldn't hurt either.

Damnnn good post!! Our entire oline, save Blalock, is depth.

AB

"For the 1st time we've got all 7 of our draft picks. Something Thomas is not accustomed to"

Sounds like an owner who's sick and tired of giving up picks imo...

Who cares. Blank does not micromanage. He is not the one making the decision. TD is going to make that decision, because his job is on the line.

Per Adam Schefter

Atlanta Falcons are open to trading up in draft, per league sources. Falcons are first team known to be willing to go up

Dont like it... We need depth

Like it be the in charge of your fate attack it where possible.

So trading up in the draft automatically means trading up at 6 like a bush fire it spreads.

I'll send Julio and our 2nd for their 2nd .. lol

I'll draft Clowney at 2 .. Watch Robinson fall to 6

and pick up a wr in 3rd round

boom

LOL so giving away our biggest strike weapon on offense is the way foward is it lol I think I'll leave the thought process on this to TD.

I honestly think that trading up with the Jags whether Clowney is there or not is the way to go. According to the draft chart fair value moving up to the #3 pick is our 1st, 3rd and next year's 3rd. I'd do that in a heartbeat to get an impact defensive player or OL. The top 2 I think will go Texans - Bortles and Rams - Robinson but say even if it goes worse case scenario Texans - Clowney and Rams Mack we still could take Robinson/Matthews or Watkins.

2 threads on the same topic within minutes. Do people not read the front page anymore?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggh

Oh my! Whatever will we do? Two threads on the same topic. It's the end of civilisation as we know it. Russell Crowe might make a movie about it if it gets any worse!

Sorry, don't mean to be a jerk, but it's really not a major drama

Edited by The Chunk