Huge Flaws On The Top 3 Defense Guys In This Draft Clowney, Mack, Barr

JT

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your small school argument carries no weight, and I find it hard to believe that after all of these years of great player after great player coming from small schools, people are still making this a bullet point, as if it has any merit.

If I were you, my argument would've been geared more towards how he faired against the upper echelon teams when he had the opp'ty? Because there at least you can express some concern as he didn't perform as well. Argument there is greatness is supposed to show up on the biggest stages, not just against Stony Brook University (nothing against Stony Brook). But even then it's a team sport and he can't control what happened in the secondary. But he still needed to do his part.

As for J. Clowney, no argument there. I think he's been the best athlete on the field for so long, it may have affected his work ethic according to some. With that said, Atlanta would be foolish to pass on him.

Barr, I don't hold his "experience" against him. There are exceptions to every rule. You may look at 2 years and say not enough experience, while I may look at it as not a lot of wear n' tear on his body. For a bunch of these kids, by the time they make it to the NFL their bodies are so beat up and destroyed by years of damage just to get to the NFL that they're just a shell of who they used to be just 5 years ago. With that said, I don't want Barr.

If Clowney and Mack are not available, I think they should trade down, maybe get the safety from Louisville in the 1st and grab our OT and pass rusher in the 2nd and 3rd. There are steals in every draft, every year. Dimitroff is not exactly known as the guy who finds that diamond in the rough. He seems to do ok when the talent is put on a silver platter right in front of him and it's so apparent, there's no denying it, but this year we need him and the talent scouts to step it up and earn those millions Arthur Blank is paying them.

Edited by uga_falcons_braves