Huge Flaws On The Top 3 Defense Guys In This Draft Clowney, Mack, Barr

JT

I like these guys don't get me wrong but all of them have major flaws that are ignored…well except clowney, he seems to be the only one in the media that gets exposed for his flaws but lets not leave out mack and barr.

What are their flaws?

Clowney:

Lets start with this guy….you don't know what clowney you are really going to get. Nobody knows his work ethic, nobody knows his passion, we can't really tell if he has the motor to get the job done…in all honesty he's a scary/risk pick for any team.

Mack:

Why are we so high on a player that has played in a low level competition in college? That should be a red flag to any average NFL fan! I like Mack but Im not sold on him! Its not like he did it in the SEC the way he dominated his conference. Im not trying to say he wot be good but again…in all honesty he's a scary/risk pick for any team.

Barr:

Im not sold on Barr….the guy played LB for only 2 years and though he did well, that means nothing. Now that may not be alarming to some of you but it is to me! The reason I say that is because I worry about the experience at the position for Barr. Anybody can learn yes but I think those two years where Barr was a TE I believe will ultimately hurt him in the NFL his first few years.

Now I posted this to show the Clowney, Mack, and Barr fans that EVERY player in this draft is a RISK and we need to stop acting like they are a SURE thing coming out of college. Its a lot smarter to think that Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews is a SURE thing coming in the league and thats coming from somebody that wants the so called "sexy pick" and not a lineman pick with the 6th pick. Robinson and Matthews dominated in the strongest college conference the SEC and yeah they should be the only two we can call a sure thing out of all players in this draft.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel you on the issue with Mack. He played for a small school and you can't count on that production in the pros. I'll give you the Clowney issue with his effort, despite multiple people saying that it's not an issue.

But I can't give you the Barr criticism, as you haven't really stated anything that merits criticism. He played the position for 2 years, and excelled. Double digit sacks in the SEC back to back years. And in his 1st years doing it. That screams of POTENTIAL!

More and more I'm leaning to Barr with #6. He's 6 ft 5 in for goodness sake!!! And runs a 4.45! That's ridiculous. And he's a ready made fit for 3-4 OLB. Could be trained for DE.

Real criticisms:

Clowney: Actually has work ethic problems. Is also a big goof ball, who I believe has a hard time taking things seriously.

Mack: Disappeared completely in some games (Baylor and Bowling Green games).

Barr: Is very one-dimensional, likely as a result of only being at his position for two years.

Barr relies on his speed to get around pass blockers. He has no pass rush repertoire to speak of, and he does not look good in space, especially in coverage. He overpursues and puts himself out of position. Also, he is not strong at he point of attack. He gets pushed around like a rag doll as soon as a blocker gets their hands on him.

Do people pay attention to the fact that Mack was a got d*amn ONE STAR PROSPECT COMING OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL!?!? Does anyone pay attention to the fact this man WORKED HARD FOR ALL FOUR YEARS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN HIS DRAFT CLASS?!?!

Does anyone factor technique when scouting players? That is why Mack is in top 5 consideration. It's not what he did, it's how he did it. He took a bag of sh*t situation and molded it into platinum! Nope he didn't go to a SEC... But Buffalo has the best strength and conditioning coach in the world (I'm serious, look him up). He will come in, work, and be a leader on this defense for years to come.

Please let him fall!!!