Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AREA 51

The Dark Side Of Climbing Mount Everest

9 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

there have been some epic threads in here

Saturday getting busted, nolove4thecrook's thread about his wife getting with a handicap person, the original NBA thread, the Mt. Rainier reveal, pretty much any place Billy O posts...

good times, good times

Nolove4dacrook's freestyle diss raps against members on the boards was the best thing ever.  Also, Obama4Prez and the Dorito gang was terrific.

On 3/27/2017 at 0:59 PM, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

Just when I think abf has hit an all time low...y'all come with that HEAT! 

It's why I can't leave this place. 

Dago don't forget Shot having the ***** locked up by Saturday

that was awesome

also forgot to add the brief existence of Elijah the Jew

7 minutes ago, holymoses said:

Curious . . . The Hillary Step . . . . is  . . . GONE.

How strange is this?  Not only is a 40 foot rock outcropping just gone.  But it took two seasons of climbing before anyone noticed.

The article did not make it clear whether, or how, that would make things easier or harder.  Or maybe my comprehension is fried. 

Article said it could have been destroyed by the 2015 earthquake. But like you said, how did it take this long to notice?

55 minutes ago, holymoses said:

How strange is this?  Not only is a 40 foot rock outcropping just gone.  But it took two seasons of climbing before anyone noticed.

The article did not make it clear whether, or how, that would make things easier or harder.  Or maybe my comprehension is fried. 

(Insert photoshop of an enraged Trump chopping off a huge piece of Mt. Everest here.....)

1 hour ago, holymoses said:

Answers were in the article.

1)The area was covered in heavy snow. They suspected but couldn't confirm until it melted. (I just realized that there are people who can't wrap their mind around snow taking years to melt, rather than a day).

2) The avalanche turns the vertical climb into a slope making it easier for climbers; which also makes it a more desirable route, which COULD cause over-crowding. It's at a dangerous elevation which COULD make it more hazardous if there is a delay (due to too many climbers waiting in line.)

Edited by Doozer