AREA 51

The Dark Side Of Climbing Mount Everest

317 posts in this topic

is this a joke or a true story? If its a true story, coming online to call out one of your friends is a ***** move

From what I can tell, "friendship" status with a guy like Robert is a temporary thing. It quickly turns from friend to "this guy I know who is full of ****."

kicker, mfaulk57158 and toadfishtom like this

is this a joke or a true story? If its a true story, coming online to call out one of your friends is a ***** move

We are not boys...first and last time I climbed with him

Again ROBERT is a nice guy and a like able person. If anyone was a part of a story and someone blatantly lied then you would have to call them out especially grown men.

Robert has summited Mt. Rainer but the rest of the story about him trying to rescue the guys that died and leading me off the summit is so far from the truth. There were 5 other people on the summit that day and all can verify the truth.

kicker and HolyMoses like this

so how did you know this thread was here?

This is on me. I probably should be sorry, but I'm not so much.

I saw Snake's post. I thought is was more B.S., particularly the "guiding" part. I'm friends with one of his climbing buddies so I cut and pasted the complete post to him.

Why did I do that? I don't know. Is it a reflection of my lack of character that I wanted to find out for myself if it was more B.S.? Maybe.

So our mutual friend was pretty indignant, and checked his recollection with the other guys there, who were seemingly even MORE indignant.

Maybe people just don't like B.S.

FWIW, I could have humiliated Diesel myself by cut and pasting the pretty vicious replies from his climbing cohorts, but elected not to. It wasn't my intent to denigrate Diesel. But it wasn't my intent to get B.S.'ed either.

Shuswap likes this

I saw Snake's post. I thought is was more B.S., particularly the "guiding" part. I'm friends with one of his climbing buddies so I cut and pasted the complete post to him.

Why did I do that? I don't know. Is it a reflection of my lack of character that I wanted to find out for myself if it was more B.S.? Maybe.

So our mutual friend was pretty indignant, and checked his recollection with the other guys there, who were seemingly even MORE indignant.

FWIW, I could have humiliated Diesel myself by cut and pasting the pretty vicious replies from his climbing cohorts, but elected not to. It wasn't my intent to denigrate Diesel. But it wasn't my intent to get B.S.'ed either.

Wonderful.

BrockSamson likes this

nv8hlw.gif

kicker and Goal Line D like this

I wouldn't be as kind as Chuck was. It sounds like Deisel was a ****ing liability and could have gotten himself and others killed. That **** isn't acceptable.

**** a liar. It never gets old watching people get what they deserve.
mfaulk57158 likes this

I always pictured you as one of those skinny Tour de France bike rider types.

That said, even though I'm in decent shape, I have no desire to climb anything more than 15 feet high.

I'm actually pretty skinny for a 47 y/o lawyer guy, but I'm "fat" by bike racer standards, and obese by rock climber standards. Top three demographics for ridiculous weight obsessions are 3) high school girls 2) Bike racers 1) rock climbers.

Again ROBERT is a nice guy and a like able person. If anyone was a part of a story and someone blatantly lied then you would have to call them out especially grown men.

Robert has summited Mt. Rainer but the rest of the story about him trying to rescue the guys that died and leading me off the summit is so far from the truth. There were 5 other people on the summit that day and all can verify the truth.

I figured it was either your alt or someone you mutually knew since you were trying to call him out earlier in the thread.

Nothing wrong with some "fact checking". Makes for good internet. biggrin.png

For the record, I have never attempted to climb "Rainer". I don't even know where it is lol.

And that's the problem. Rob IS a nice guy, and even the kind of guy I think any of us could rely on in a pinch. His accomplishments are impressive. That's why it's so frustrating that he is compelled to embellish his real accomplishments. It sort of reminds me of the line at the end of the Social Network . . . "You're not an A**Hole Mark. You're just trying so HARD to be."

It's fairly obvious snak has a serious complex that should be treated by a professional. You simply can't be normal in the head and do the things he does on here.