When Td Says We May Move Around....

capologist

it may not mean what everyone thinks it means.

With 3 additional picks (these can't be traded but others can) comes additional flexiblity.

With a definite need at safety, consider this:

#6 We take a OT or a pass rusher.

Instead of picking in the 2nd round, pick #37 overall, say they trade that pick (worth 530 points), our original 4th (worth 88 points) and a 3rd next year to move up to say #21 in the 1st round and grab either Pryor or Dix.

At that point the draft could look something like this:

#6 Robinson/Matthews/Mack

#21 Pryor/Dix

3rd rd #68: TBD

4th round #139 (comp); TBD

5h round #147

6th round #182

7th round #220

7th round #253 (comp)

7th round #255 (comp)

Everyone assumes moving up to #2 but I'm thinking double picks in the 1st....:)

I would rather trade down from #6 and grab an extra 2nd.....so take OT - Lewan with our #1, and grab guys like DE/ILB - VanNoy and S - Ward in the 2nd...

If after the 2nd round we are sitting with Lewan, VanNoy and Ward we would be laughing!!

thats a great scenario also..

Lots of possibilities. Would love to see some QB hungry team panic and trade a boatload of picks to the Falcons for 6. Love to have an extra pick in next years draft.

After that, you could use the extra picks to trade back into the first round- having 2 1sts and a 2nd would be great in this draft.

Lots of possibilities. Would love to see some QB hungry team panic and trade a boatload of picks to the Falcons for 6. Love to have an extra pick in next years draft.

After that, you could use the extra picks to trade back into the first round- having 2 1sts and a 2nd would be great in this draft.

Thomas Dimitroffs mind doesnt work like that. His Ego takes over, and goes completely against all the stuff he originally said. (system specific draft, building through the draft,etc.)

I think Arthur Blank needs to take the car keys away from the teenager.

License+to+Drive+17.jpg

Factor in we have 60 guys already under contract, adding another 10 would bring it to 70 and only 53 make it, you do the math....wink.png

Yep. We need to be looking strictly at quality at this point, not quantity with all these picks. There are already enough camp bodies signed.

it may not mean what everyone thinks it means.

With 3 additional picks (these can't be traded but others can) comes additional flexiblity.

With a definite need at safety, consider this:

#6 We take a OT or a pass rusher.

Instead of picking in the 2nd round, pick #37 overall, say they trade that pick (worth 530 points), our original 4th (worth 88 points) and a 3rd next year to move up to say #21 in the 1st round and grab either Pryor or Dix.

At that point the draft could look something like this:

#6 Robinson/Matthews/Mack

#21 Pryor/Dix

3rd rd #68: TBD

4th round #139 (comp); TBD

5h round #147

6th round #182

7th round #220

7th round #253 (comp)

7th round #255 (comp)

Everyone assumes moving up to #2 but I'm thinking double picks in the 1st....smile.png

You say OT or pass rusher at #6. In this scenario the position not chosen early gets the shaft.

Falcons need a impact player on defense that could sell tickets heading into new stadium .

That is how front office is thinking .

Id rather trade down from 6 if Robinson, Mack, Clowney are gone

Lewan a better fit for RT than Matthews plus brings more value if we trade down

It would be stupid for TD to draft Matthews at 6 and trade back up into 1st

Couldn't agree more , we need that recognizable talent on D to go along with our O. Need to create a defensive identity. BUT...if we got one of the 2 OL and had opportunity to get D Ford I wouldn't be opposed to moving up

I can be okay with this. But I think I want us to keep our 2nd round pick. I think it has a lot of value. Not only because this is a deep draft, but also because legit 1st round talent always sneaks into the early 2nd round. You can get a legit starter at that pick who also fixes a need without having to move up, especially this year because this draft is deeper at postions at which we need most help.