Old Hollywood Could Teach New Hollywood Something About Loving Your Country

AREA 51

If anyone cares to learn how actors and Hollywood used to love their country, I ask you to read up on Jimmy Stewart. The man is second only to the founders in patriotic endeavors. He not only served during WWII, but insisted on being in on combat. He also served in the military for 27 years reaching the rank of Brigadier General.

It was not only him. I read up on many of the old actors, and a majority of them served in the military. In fact, Hollywood was conservative and patriotic, and their movie making showed that. Try naming even one actor of today that has served in the military, or has uttered even one word of support for their own country.

I do not mean to say that all movies should, shall we say, be pro- American, but one would have to look hard to find even one good portrayal of America these days. Hollywood just cannot say anything nice about a country that allows them the opportunity to live those luxurious lives. Why did it become unfashionable to love one's own country and say so.

How did Hollywood become such a morally bankrupt, hypocritical, anti- American entity? I am not sure, but it is shameful and embarrassing. The line between the pro and anti- American Hollywood is clear though, and it starts with the hippie generation and the Vietnam War.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, they had it all figured out. Equality for everyone!

Except that today, equality for everyone has somehow been redefined to allow special protections and treatment for some at the expense of others. When wrongs were committed in the past everyone knew they were wrong. Now the wrongs are professed to right.

The only thing considered wrong today is the ability to determine right from wrong.

when your party quits making people like Sara Palin, Ted Nugent, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity your heroes I will give a **** about what you say. How many of these Patriots served in the military? In a 1977 interview with Creem and High Times magazine, Mr Patriot Ted Nugent said he went a month without bathing and shat in his pants for a week before appearing before the draft board to avoid the Draft. "yea but Sean Penn..." STFU. Reagan never went over seas, neither did GW Bush. Jimmy Carter served in the Navy and had actual Sea duty, John Kerry served in actual combat, as did John F Kennedy. But keep worrying about actors and Hollywood, chickenhawks.

Except that today, equality for everyone has somehow been redefined to allow special protections and treatment for some at the expense of others. When wrongs were committed in the past everyone knew they were wrong. Now the wrongs are professed to right.

The only thing considered wrong today is the ability to determine right from wrong.

Well said!

What wrongs are you talking about specifically? And how are the "wrongs" infringing on other's rights? Please be specific. I'd like to understand your (and TGA's) position.

Guest Deisel

This thread is spot on. After the vietnam war it become hip, cool to say scrw america, scrw cops, etc. The hippie liberals got into hollywood and destroyed the good culture present. The epic movies are now replaced by violent anti establishmnt types and its no wonder america is losing the cultural war that was once a proud foundation to america. Ill say this, when ever hollwood makes a pro america war movie or a good natured american value movie it does well. The left is too intent on demeaning what made america good.

Clearly what we need is another anti-communism purge in Hollywood. Nothing more American than purges. Though I would like to know when and where the pro-war movie people in this thread served since I think it's safe to assume you all aren't chicken hawks, except for Tahu since we know he proudly serves his country at some mall in Washington.

No one thinks it's cool to say bad things about America. You're just making up more nonsense.

The information age has made the actions of our government much more transparent, and critical people can now see things that the US has done that they take issue with. People speak out about those concerns. That's the great thing about our country. I'll take that over your ignorant nationalism any day of the week.

In fact, that's what you do on this board every day of your miserable, pathetic life.

In fact, I think we may have reached a tipping point on this board where you have whined so much, about so many things, that every single thing you say is utter hypocrisy.

Now go search the internet for Alec Baldwin quotes.