Do We Have The 49Ers And Seahawks Number?

THE ICEMAN

When our offense is healthy we seem to match up with them very very well. Had we not been so injured this year I think we would have easily beat the 9ers in Sanfran and we would have likely had the hawks as well because they can't match up with the three of Julio/Roddy and TG.

While I do think we need to improve the defense I think its more so stopping the run which we have addressed big time with Soliai and jackson and also retaining peters and babs.

I think if we can replace what we'll lose from TG and add somewhat of a running game (just think even a 31 year old jackson in 10 times the back turner is in this offense) we'll be right back where we were. I think the roster even right now is loaded compared to that one we've added so much youth on defense and offense.

Funny how both the 9ers and seahawks two of the best defense's are vulnerable against the deep ball and thats why we gave them big problems.

I actually think the OL will be OK with Hawley and Asamaoh in there maybe we'll have a healthy baker he seems to be ok one year then injured the intire next season so he's do to be healthy this year. Either way I think we grab a OLmen for depth in round 1-2 or 3 Johnson's solid depth but is often injured Homles likely will be much improved but who knows and I can't see konz being much worse than he was last year. More so solid play at LG-C-RG will be much improved with Blalock/Hawley/Asamoah we just need at least one of RT or LT to be serviceable.

I think if we can grab a "playmaker/game changer" at 6 were in great shape right now Clowney/Mack or Watkins are all super impact day 1 guys the two tackles are really a roll of the dice so to say as most rookie tackles struggle big time for example there's been like 7-8 tackles taken the last two years in the 1st and only Kalil has been the only one who's been serviceable to good and he's in a super run heavy offense.

I think the only team we don't match up well with in the NFC is the Saints we always play them tough but at the end of the day wins are wins and loses are loses and we tend to lose to them more than anyone else maybe we finally get over than mental edge they have on us.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past two seasons aren't the falcons 1-3 against these teams? In which 3 were played in Atlanta.

Lol you don't go away huh? You are just like herpes, always pop up when least expected.

Obviously when we played them last year, it was lopsided.

Under ideal conditions, we match up fairly well against both teams. Under present conditions, Seattle is a bad matchup for us because we havent been able to consistently run the ball since our playoff game against them.

So no, we don't have their number but I do think we are capable of playing both teams very tough if things go the way we'd like them to go.

Also, that is withou accounting for the things Harvin would bring to Seattle's offense given a year to be fully integrated. In that respect, we're a lot closer to SF than we are to Seattle.

Under ideal conditions, we match up fairly well against both teams. Under present conditions, Seattle is a bad matchup for us because we havent been able to consistently run the ball since our playoff game against them.

So no, we don't have their number but I do think we are capable of playing both teams very tough if things go the way we'd like them to go.

Also, that is withou accounting for the things Harvin would bring to Seattle's offense given a year to be fully integrated. In that respect, we're a lot closer to SF than we are to Seattle.

Actually I think we match up better against the hawks because they don't habe the Smith's and there corners gamble far to much and you can't gamble against guys like Roddy and Julio.

The only reason they handle Peyton is because he can't throw the ball more than 20 yards he's nearing Chad Pennington level if he's not already there

Actually I think we match up better against the hawks because they don't habe the Smith's and there corners gamble far to much and you can't gamble against guys like Roddy and Julio.

The only reason they handle Peyton is because he can't throw the ball more than 20 yards he's nearing Chad Pennington level if he's not already there

This was definitely true in 2012. However the pass rush that they were able to generate in 2013 would have been a problem, even assuming full health.

In order to stop the Seahawks, you need to be able to hold the pocket on their 4-5 man rushes. We simply didnt do a good enough job with that this year. If everyone were healthy, we could have gameplanned some of this away with a stronger Julio-centric screen game, but their pass rush rotation was still going to get to us frequently.

Matt Ryan passes much like Peyton and Pennington did. Short, intermediate. not deep.

I think we hang with both regardless. Look at us at Candlestick. We could have won that game. I think better and more fiery coaches, with more talent, will help the lines, which helps the offense and defense as a whole.

This was definitely true in 2012. However the pass rush that they were able to generate in 2013 would have been a problem, even assuming full health.

In order to stop the Seahawks, you need to be able to hold the pocket on their 4-5 man rushes. We simply didnt do a good enough job with that this year. If everyone were healthy, we could have gameplanned some of this away with a stronger Julio-centric screen game, but their pass rush rotation was still going to get to us frequently.

Not really Irving and Clemens before his acl surgery were far more disruptive than what they had last year Bennett is ok but he's not a 12-15 sack guy like Clemons was before his acl tear.

I think there LBs have gotten better but outside of Sherman there all very poor in man coverage even Thomas when you can get him in man coverage they let him roam because thats what he's good at.

Like any sport its about matchups and there isn't a ton of teams who can create those matchups because even now Roddy and Julio still are the best tandem maybe the only true pair of number 1 WRs problem is we don't have that 3rd option any more in TG maybe we fill that threw the draft.

True, if you're willing to overlook the way the Falcons have historically game-planned against both teams....

See, some of us watch the games and realize that teams do different things based on situations.

does that gameplan involve 6 turnovers in 4 games by Ryan?

I think we hang with both regardless. Look at us at Candlestick. We could have won that game. I think better and more fiery coaches, with more talent, will help the lines, which helps the offense and defense as a whole.

Not even that once peters left the game complete went to sh!t they basicly ran it at will throw in no Julio/baker/RG/Kroy thrown in all the depth we added threw free agency and the draft thats a lot of talent left off the roster.

does that gameplan involve 6 turnovers in 4 games by Ryan?

It does when he has to make plays

Ryan has been money for the falcons and is well on his way to the hall he's won to manybgames the falcons should have lost to even think he's the problem

Heck he had a down year and his numbers were still at a pro bowl level go look at what flacco put up.

I think its Matt Ryan to be honest.

Stationary QBs like Brady and Manning get extremely shell shocked when they're hit a lot.

As we saw last year Ryan is tough and just keeps on coming. Sure, he's not immune to the errors constant pressure causes, but just look at his play and look at Manning and Brady in those 3 super bowls. Manning looked scared and was completely off. Ryan is one tough SOB

True, if you're willing to overlook the way the Falcons have historically game-planned against both teams....

See, some of us watch the games and realize that teams do different things based on situations.

I think the problem is there game plans have been great problem is when they get up big its like they want to get away from that game plan for some reason

Just think the 9ers gave up 24 1st half points against the falcons then they got away from what got them they big lead and by the time they got back to that they let the 9ers back in the game