Poll: Best Fa In Nfl History

Who is the best FA acquisition in NFL History?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best FA acquisition in NFL History?

One of the hosts on PFT called Manning the best FA in NFL history. I was a little surprised to hear this, especially since he is not young. I'm curious if other people share his opinion, and if so why? Is it the novelty of the signing or are you basing it on past/expected production?

IMO it is Reggie White by a large margin. He's basically the poster child for free agency. Then Prime with a lot of cushion ahead of Kurt Warner, followed by CURTIS.

Im just thrilled you didnt put Tony on that list

We traded a 2nd rd pick (Arenas) for him. If any Falcon, it would be the Burner hands down IMO.

Kurt was picked up as a backup QB. If he were signed with the intention of actually playing, I could agree. The rams just got lucky by getting a lot better player than they thought they were.

The Cardinals did not pick him up to be a backup. And while he did not win that SB (and shouldn't have even been there, but I'm sure he sends Keith Brooking Xmas cards every year as a thank you) you can't discount that season. Had he won I think he'd be at the top of a lot more people's lists due to the hype QBs get.

We traded a 2nd rd pick (Arenas) for him. If any Falcon, it would be the Burner hands down IMO.

The Cardinals did not pick him up to be a backup. And while he did not win that SB (and shouldn't have even been there, but I'm sure he sends Keith Brooking Xmas cards every year as a thank you) you can't discount that season. Had he won I think he'd be at the top of a lot more people's lists due to the hype QBs get.

But he didn't win it. Not only that, but compared to Reggie white..... Come on. White was one of the most dominant players at any position in the history of football. Warner, while a great player, always found success with other greats around him and is not someone I would consider dominant.