Too Many Offensive Tackles In This Draft To Settle For Jake Matthews.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when there were too many comparable tackles to settle for Joe Thomas back in 2007 as well. He did everthing good, but wasnt great at benching or some other exercise, and was just a technician at the spot.

Just like back then (when we had #8), we wont have to worry about Matthews reaching our first pick.

Tackles with a comparable ability can be had later in the first and early second. I just don't see drafting him at six. Go pass rusher at #6 or trade back.

Yeah, and if there's a run on tackles, we can trade up into the first round and draft Sam Baker. Oh wait, we already did that.

I remember when there were too many comparable tackles to settle for Joe Thomas back in 2007 as well. He did everthing good, but wasnt great at benching or some other exercise, and was just a technician at the spot.

Just like back then (when we had #8), we wont have to worry about Matthews reaching our first pick.

Exactly. If he is there, take him and rest easy for the next 12 years.

Matthews will be the pick if Mack/Clowney are gone.

While there are other OTs in the draft, they are either projects or reaches. If the right deal came along to move out of 6, then maybe there is someone that we can get.

honestly, I dont think they would take Mack over Matthews. I am just speaking on a hunch, but guessing he is very high on our draft board.