Scott Case

Dusty

I started watching the Falcons as a kid in 1981 (the season after the heartbreaking loss to the Cowboys in the playoffs). Things got pretty lean starting in mid-80s for several years. One of the few bright spots was Scott Case. That guy LIT. PEOPLE. UP. Between him and Tuggle, we had two enforcers on defense.

Different league, different times...

Those hits on Montana, Rice, and Roger Craig? Ouch!

I believe I saw one on Henry Ellard of the Rams as well (one of the premier wide outs of that time).

Thanks for sharing the video. Brings back memories.

I started watching the Falcons as a kid in 1981 (the season after the heartbreaking loss to the Cowboys in the playoffs). Things got pretty lean starting in mid-80s for several years.

That's an understatement. Not only were the Falcons atrocious, they had player dying left and right. Worst era of Falcons football.

People can say what they want about Jerry Glanville, but his hiring and the attitude he brought woke up an extremely deflated fan base.

That's an understatement. Not only were the Falcons atrocious, they had player dying left and right. Worst era of Falcons football.

People can say what they want about Jerry Glanville, but his hiring and the attitude he brought woke up an extremely deflated fan base.

Very true about it being the "Dark Ages" of Falcon Football. The Marion Campbell and Jim Hanifan years. Had I been old enough to drink, those teams would've drove me to it. We had some good individual players, but overall, pretty poor teams. Some of our better players went on to other teams, and ended up being on Super Bowl teams (Gerald Riggs, R.C. Thielemann, Deion Sanders, Scott Case).

Also true about Glanville. He did lead us to the playoffs twice. The black unis, the Run and Shoot, Hammer on the sidelines -- we did have some swag after he came on board. The highlight for me was the win over the Saints in the playoffs -- the bomb to Michael Haynes to win the game.

Very true about it being the "Dark Ages" of Falcon Football. The Marion Campbell and Jim Hanifan years. Had I been old enough to drink, those teams would've drove me to it. We had some good individual players, but overall, pretty poor teams. Some of our better players went on to other teams, and ended up being on Super Bowl teams (Gerald Riggs, R.C. Thielemann, Deion Sanders, Scott Case).

Also true about Glanville. He did lead us to the playoffs twice. The black unis, the Run and Shoot, Hammer on the sidelines -- we did have some swag after he came on board. The highlight for me was the win over the Saints in the playoffs -- the bomb to Michael Haynes to win the game.

The play that won the playoff game with Haynes was a quickout, then he just blazed past the corner for 60 yards. I think you might be remembering a different play with Haynes.

My favorite game from the Glanville era was the very first one. The home opener in 1990 against the Houston Oilers. Anybody that was there remembers why. That game was as rowdy as you will ever see, and actually a clip or two from this Case highlight package are from that game.

He also gave a big cheap shot to Ernest Givens in the endzone in that game that didn't make the highlight package lol.

We may not have always been a top team, but we sure had some punishing tacklers back in those days.

Tom Pridemore was another one from that era that receivers feared.

Pridemore and Glazebrook !! Those dudes would punish you. Pridemore went on to become a senator in West Va I think

No doubt he would rack up fines and suspensions in this watered down Goody league.

And to think that mofo was a skinny converted corner. Pro Bowl corner I might add. With 10 picks.

I saw him lay Art Monk out at AFCS. Monk got up and walked to the wrong bench. True story.

I love that he laid out Jerry Rice a few times